Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't get launcher to work. I know how to start the game though.

I don't need to start the game with it as I found in the search how to do that. (Using the exe file.) I've been playing but I read that there was a new update and I can't get that without the launcher. And all the search things talk about is how to start your game when you can't get the launcher to work.

I recently installed Windows 7 (32 bit) on a newly updated computer. (Then completely reinstalled the game which I've been playing regularly since.) I have an Intel i3-4330 CPU at 3.5 GHz with 4096mb Ram, Direct X 11, Geforce GTS 250 video card. (I don't want to post my entire dxdiag as that would be just too big.)

I'm hoping someone can tell me why when I click on the icon (on the desktop or start button or in the program files), the little circle goes around twice then disappears without starting up the launcher.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited March 2014
    Since I can't even find this post on the forum, I'm bumping hoping to find an answer. (I have seen that a lot of people are having problems with their launcher, but no answers seem to be forthcoming.)
  • bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited March 2014
    Did the game ever work with Windows 7 32 bit? If not did you enable .net framework in programs and features? To post your whole dxdiag is a simple copy and paste and you never know what you'll find. The GTS 250 is weak for the later more demanding packs.

Putin: "Never mind the tanks - They are just a continuation of the Sochi closing ceremonies".
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
    edited March 2014
    *****7 wrote:
    Did the game ever work with Windows 7 32 bit? If not did you enable .net framework in programs and features? To post your whole dxdiag is a simple copy and paste and you never know what you'll find. The GTS 250 is weak for the later more demanding packs.

Putin: "Never mind the tanks - They are just a continuation of the Sochi closing ceremonies".

The game is actually working just fine. I found a work around for getting it to start. And until yesterday I had absolutely no problems with using the launcher. Nothing on my computer changed in between.

I only have World Adventures. (I can't afford any other packs, although my computer at least can run something like Generations or Ambitions, the only two which look interesting to me. My old computer had an ancient AMD 2.2 ghz duocore, 2 gb of ram and Windows XP. I did pretty good with that, but the CPU got damaged when my husband was using his shop air to blow the dust out of it, rather than the can of air I had sitting beside the computer.)
    edited March 2014
    Well, now! I decided to restart the computer and now the launcher is coming up. (Of course, now it has the "script has stopped running" message that many people are reporting. But just saying to stop running the script usually takes away that problem without any known ill effects.)