Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Interactive In-Game Store Items

I mean that the purchasing should be more interactive. Let me see what the item would look like in-game before I buy it.

For example, in CAS, I would like to be able to browse through all of the different hair options I don't own. Then I would like to be able to see what they would look like on that particular sim. Obviously, it would be like a trial or test and I wouldn't be able to wear the item out of CAS without purchasing.

Or, in buy mode, I would like to see how big an item is and if it would fit in my space. So, I could hold a rug and see that its too big or too small (but not place it). If the rug fits I would buy it right then, if not I would browse through the other rugs.

There are some items hat could be interesting but the image on the store website isn't clear at all. This is especially true for hair and rugs. I would be more inclined to purchase these items if I could see that it actually is something I would want.

Comments

• cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited March 2014
    How about no store items and more content in expansions ;)
  • RawwrOutLoudRawwrOutLoud Posts: 63 Member
    edited March 2014

i like this idea, =^ ^=
    Origin ID - LoomieSkies
    Simblr - loomieskies.tumblr.com
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited March 2014

THIS ^

tumblr_m961tmUFcj1r3qnxf.gif
    jr73Y.gif

• alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    edited March 2014
    :thumbup:
  • Slippy64653Slippy64653 Posts: 464 Member
    edited March 2014
    FIRE TO THE STORE!!!!!

W5wQKFV.png
    I love using stuff from, American Horror Story.
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited March 2014
    I would like this too. I feel like I may have bought more items from the store if I got he chance to see exactly how they would look or function in the game first. It's especially really difficult (for me at least) to tell what a hairstyle or article of clothing looks like based on the picture they give you in the store. The pictures just don't give the items justice and don't show what the item will actually look like. Even if they didn't go as far as giving us a CAS demo of the item at least give us better pictures. Show an actual sim wearing the actual hair or clothing item from various angles.

And yeah, like everyone else has said, ideally I would like no store and for them to just include the items in expansion and stuff packs but realistically that's probably not going to happen so at least fully show me what you want me to buy EA.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited March 2014
    Woot!! ~Expansions and Stuff packs with more content and Bigger Themes!...

It's a Party~ :shock:

pitchfork-mob-300x225.jpg

marhsmallows-toasting-in-the-fire.jpg
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited March 2014

its a nice thought but i can hear that cow a mooing .
  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited March 2014
    Over half the Store content wouldn't exist without The Store, there's simply too much to fit in EPs and SPs.

Don't get me wrong, I often complain about the usual sets they release after an EP that should very obviously have been in the EP, but The Store doesn't take away as much content from EPs and SPs as people like to say it does.

The reason TS3 packs have less content than TS2? Size. TS3 is a more complex game, which means content is larger in size, so they can't have as much. Just compare the required space for a TS2 EP with a TS3 EP and you'll see what I mean; despite TS3 EP having less content, it's size is in gigabytes, while the TS2 EP is only in megabytes.

As for the actual OP suggestion, it's a good idea, though, if I'm reading it correctly, it would only work with an in-game Store. I don't use the IGS in TS3 personally, but I'm not sure there will actually be an option in TS4. I remember reading an interview with a Guru, where they mentioned features such as DLC, the Exchange and My Pages being integrated into the game rather than on an external website.

ETA: oops, just noticed that the title actually specifies the in-game Store :P
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited March 2014

Agreed!
  • oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    edited March 2014
    I totally understand that everyone just wants free stuff. Ideally, I'd like free stuff too, but EA is a business not a charity. Unless some cosmic force in the word removes greed, then the store will always exist. I would just like it to function more smoothly in-game.

So everybody that's going to argue and yell a moot point, please do it in a different thread.
  • cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited March 2014
    I totally understand that everyone just wants free stuff. Ideally, I'd like free stuff too, but EA is a business not a charity. Unless some cosmic force in the word removes greed, then the store will always exist. I would just like it to function more smoothly in-game.

So everybody that's going to argue and yell a moot point, please do it in a different thread.

I'm don't want free stuff. I want value for my money like a I had 10 years ago. :)

Still, I'm glad I haven't given in to the store. A proud non-buyer of store items here (except with the free simpoints I got with the base game).
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited March 2014
    I mean that the purchasing should be more interactive. Let me see what the item would look like in-game before I buy it.

For example, in CAS, I would like to be able to browse through all of the different hair options I don't own. Then I would like to be able to see what they would look like on that particular sim. Obviously, it would be like a trial or test and I wouldn't be able to wear the item out of CAS without purchasing.

Or, in buy mode, I would like to see how big an item is and if it would fit in my space. So, I could hold a rug and see that its too big or too small (but not place it). If the rug fits I would buy it right then, if not I would browse through the other rugs.

There are some items hat could be interesting but the image on the store website isn't clear at all. This is especially true for hair and rugs. I would be more inclined to purchase these items if I could see that it actually is something I would want.

Brilliant.
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited March 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    The reason TS3 packs have less content than TS2? Size. TS3 is a more complex game, which means content is larger in size, so they can't have as much. Just compare the required space for a TS2 EP with a TS3 EP and you'll see what I mean; despite TS3 EP having less content, it's size is in gigabytes, while the TS2 EP is only in megabytes.

A lot of expansion don't come close to using all of the DVD capacity. So that's not it.

It's just not enough time and resources being granted the team.

If EA wanted an EP to come out with 250 new itens, they'd do it.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2014
    I don't know about anyone else but I feel there is too much stuff for TS3 because of the Store.

And some things though they are supposed to be in a collection file/or folder with icon in game, doesn't seem to work that well.

If they want to continue to sell stuff in an online store then I hope they limit the content (that will never happen) because I personally feel overwhelmed with so much stuff to download.

I'm not totally against dlc but too much of something isn't a good thing.

It really is too much and way to overwhelming. Good doesn't mean a lot, good means choice pieces that most would want.

And I want them to include a pdf or something with the download because half the time I do get something I don't remember what it is supposed to be or do after it is installed. Has anyone forgotten they have things in their game because the game got to big?

I don't dl a lot because I feel it is overpriced, maybe not if it was a limited amount once in a awhile or how much is in the Store but my gosh it is bursting at the seams already.

And particular players know not to download everything and anything.

I hope they care about the integrity of the game this time and not the Store's bombardment of items. It's all just overkill and really does kill the enjoyment of the gameplay. Which is supposed to be the purpose right? Not the stuff but the gameplay?

Somehow they forgot that.

Example: Just a few sets a year would not be overwhelming and let's say one set is medieval world. O.k. then let it be medieval, no modern cars in the hood, no modern day clothes etc. If they are going to build new worlds again and offer for download then they need to up the filters and filter out content so the player can actually play that themed world the right way. I wish they could do that but that may be too complicated.

Post edited by Unknown User on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited March 2014

I'm don't want free stuff. I want value for my money like a I had 10 years ago. :)

Still, I'm glad I haven't given in to the store. A proud non-buyer of store items here (except with the free simpoints I got with the base game).

This. For me my objections to the store have little to noting to do with the fact that I don't want to pay for additional DLC - I'm actually usually more than happy to spend a few quid on a new map level or a new character in a game but the difference is that these items are a couple of quid and not having them doesn't alter your experience of the game.

With the TS3 and the store it's completely different; the content isn't just a couple of quid but at times more than a brand new expansion pack costs yet it contains so much less but without that content there are some very noticable bare spots.

The store has always been expensive, but back in the day it only ever held content such as hair, objects etc that were basically re-meshes of existing items. Nice to have for the extra stuff but not a big deal if you didn't like the price point. Then premium content landed... and ever since then the store has been on a greedy downward spiral that became more and more about seeing how far they could push and rip off the consumer than providing us with genuinely interesting content.

I'll admit, it isn't needed to enjoy the game but there has to be something questionable about EA's business model when they take items that are so often requested for and then, instead of incorporating them into an expansion pack where they could be utilized properly to their full potential they chuck them on the store and you end up with an obscenely expensive half-a.🐸🐸🐸🐸.e.d piece of content.

I think that's what irritates me the most - it's so overpriced yet it holds back the potential of those amazing ideas.