Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Challenge: Populate Your Own Village!

Hello everyone! I'm not sure if anyone has posted something exactly like this before, if they have, I apologize. But I do know that there is one that I got the idea from. (Credit for this idea goes to them, but I'm on my phone so I can't link you to the post.)

Rules
Your sim can be male or female, but they MUST have the green thumb trait. This will be the gardener of our village.

Move them into the largest lot possible, one you think will be able to fit a village with 2 large buildings and a few small ones.

You may start out and build them a small home on either side of the lot, but directly after, you must set their funds to 50.

You may only eat using the vegetables grown. (The future main sims of the gameplay will also only be able to eat the vegetables you've grown, so eat wisely.) You can spawn seeds onto your lot if you please.

Your main source of income will be the second sims hobby, fishing. I assume he will bring in money, if not, you may add 9,000 dollars to the family funds to build the fishermans house on the opposite side of the lot. Once this is done, go back to 50, you CANNOT use this money to start building the next sims small home.

After moving in your second sim (change one of his traits to angler), your gardening sim can no longer leave the lot. It is the second sims job to find a new villager, who will be the medic. (Alchemy) Then the medic will be the only one allowed to leave, who will go find another sim. This sim will be our maid. He/She must have the neat trait replaced with another one of their traits. This sim will then go find a sim to be the mayor, and he will be the only one allowed to leave from now on, recruiting single sims to come and join the village. After getting the Mayor, you may add more money and build your main hall. You may now add a fridge, but it can only be stocked with things that your gardener grows. No eating quick meals.

Once you have a few average villagers with no responsibilities, you may have them (none of the sims with "jobs" around the village) mate, get married, and have children to continue population.

You may add a few items for the villagers to use into the main hall or around the village, such as a TV, a chemistry station, instruments, you get the idea.

Also, none of these sims can ever leave the village. As for bills, you may add the money taken away back on, or add just enough money to pay the bills.

General Gameplay

1.) Start out with a sim. You may have either a male or a female, it doesn't matter. But they will NOT be reproducing during this "challenge"

3.) Move your sim into a large lot, as large as you can find, and one you think will be able to hold 2 large buildings and 3 or 4 small. Then you may build a SMALL house off to the side. No walls except for the four main walls. You may add a washer and dryer if you please, a bed, and all of the basic bathroom objects. Directly outside of this house (To the left/right or behind, but not in front, this is supposed to be a small garderners house) You will be the gardener in this house.

4.) Start spawning in seeds or go to the shop and buy a few, as many as you'd like. After you do this, you should type in the family funds cheat and set your household funds to 50.

5.) Start meeting sims! It doesn't matter the gender, but this is a village so you should have a few of both. (You should use master controller to exceed the 8 per household)

6.) Once you become good friends with a sim, you may ask them to move in. If they decline, you can NOT ask them to move in again later. You must go on to another sim. You CANNOT move more than one sim from each household in your village, and this sim can have no further contact with anyone from their family, they must break off any relationship or marriage they may have. (You can move in romantic interests if they live in a different household if you'd like, but they can only be just friends.)

7.) Once you have the second member of your village, the first sim you created cannot leave the lot/village again. Your second sim will be the only one able to at this point, who will then go out and try to get another sim to move in. They can be from Teen to Elder, it doesn't matter.

The challenge will go on like this. Keep adding in new sims to your village this way, using any money they bring in to build the main hall, as this will be where all of the sims without a purpose will live. (I recommend turning off aging until you have all of the main sims moved in)

Anyways I hope you enjoy this little challenge that I came up with! Once again I apologize if this has been posted anywhere before. But please keep me updated if you decide to try it out. :)