Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What to do... A choice between Venues...

I would like to buy either the Al Fresco Street Market or the Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center.

The catch is, that I made a bit of a booboo, and bought some of the premium content from both of the venues. I have the Humble Harvest Stands and the Head Start Playpen (but not the Local Motion Toddler Walker). After buying the premium content, I started kicking myself for my mistake, as venues aren't eligible for the complete your set discount. If I buy either or both venues, I would be paying extra because I already own part of them...

I want the Al Fresco Street Market because of the beautiful plants that come with it. I am absolutely obsessed with the ivy. *I do own Dragon Valley and am wondering if the ivy with this venue is the same, but a different color than the ivy that came with Dragon Valley.

I want the Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center because of that adorable Eames imitation rocking chair, the rugs, and the wallpaper. *I do own the standard version of Aurora Skies and the Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes set. The Venue comes with the gold version of Aurora Skies and when I bought the standard version I intended to eventually get the venue separately. The nursery Rhymes set comes with wallpaper, is it similar to the wallpaper that comes with this Venue or are they different?

Some advice would be very helpful!

Comments

• FishkickingGiraffeFishkickingGiraffe Posts: 544 Member
    edited March 2014
    I'd get the street market simply because I use it more. Love the ivy and use it on nearly every lot. It works great with the wisteria from DV too. Use them both all the time as they help fill in a garden and soften edges etc.
    I have the prodigies venue too but as I don't tend to play children that often I don't really use the stuff (I think sims kids are great but by the time I've dealt with my real life little people I'm in no mood to put up with pixelated shenanigans). Love the rocking chair but on balance the market objects get used far far more than the prodigies stuff.

Hoped this helped a bit :)
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited March 2014
    Agree with the above. Unless you have a play style that focuses on families a lot, I'd get the market. But if you are really family-kid oriented in your games, the prodigies venue may be better.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited March 2014
    If I were you I'd wait till one of them went on sale. I just checked the Daily Deal rotation thread and neither are on the current rotation. :cry: But I'd at least wait till Friday when the sale page changes.

I'd say both are worth full price, but if you've already bought the premium... :wink:

edit: due to my stupid keyboard making me miss letters >_<
  • Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited March 2014
    I use the market lot much more than the "daycare" lot. But, I play mostly single sims than families and I can't build.

I also like the look of the market, as it looks nice in France (WA) and not just Monte Vista.

Happy Simming! :)
  • oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm super into the building, and recently I've been doing that more than playing. When I do play, I usually play with families..... I think I'm going to try to wait and see if they go on sale. If not I'm still not sure which to get!
  • FishkickingGiraffeFishkickingGiraffe Posts: 544 Member
    edited March 2014
    You can always flip an coin. If you're disappointed with the result then you know which one you want :)
  • WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited March 2014
    If you're not in a hurry, since the Daily Deal rotation just changed today, you might want to keep on eye on that to see if either comes up. So far we've had two great deals at 49% off a PC and 69% off on a set.
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm with everyone who has said wait for a sale if you can.

I really like the items that come with the street market venue. They column with the twinkle lights is great for gazebos and pergola poles, the pool mosaic and fountain are nice. I love using the ivy around, but there is ivy included with the branded car set so you may already have some.

My favorite items are the vegetable baskets I love to have them in the kitchen, or scattered around a garden or orchard. They are great decor for community gardens, restaurant kitchens, farmer's markets, docks.

The daycare items are nice, but I've only really used them in the children's section of libraries so far. They are very specific, but if you play a lot of families that might influence your decision. Check MMAO, even a slight discount could take the sting off already paying a 4th of the price.
  • oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    edited March 2014
    I've been trying really hard to get them to pop up on MMAO, but it never seems to happen. I'll open up several tabs to each venue and refresh them a couple of times (before and during) my 5 offers. The closest it's gotten is Aurora Skies Gold, which is super frustrating. Today though, it was random stuff I didn't want.

I think I am leaning towards the market, because the stuff is more universal. I don't really need to buy an entire set for one rocking chair...