Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you do this with Master Controller?

My young adult sim is going to to University, but I don't want her to come back to her baby brother being the exact same age.

Can I use Master Controller to age the whole town up by 14 days, when I come back? I want it to look like the sims have aged while she was gone.
I know you can age sims individually, but can you age a town up in one go?

Comments

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited March 2014
    I have never seen any way to do that, and I think I have all the MC modules.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited March 2014
    You can if you had all of the components of the Mod and went into Master Controller>Immediate>age absolute and reset their age meter or you could alter their appearances with the dresser and mirror to make them look a little older.You might only need to reset the ages for pets though other Sims can get makeovers to look older.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    edited March 2014
    You could shorten all life spans by say 4 days for everyone or what makes sense for how you have it set. Maybe less for infants. Run one day so they all age up then put them back how you want them. That would only just age up some sims. The rest would actually still have the same number of days at whatever life state and wouldn't recall age at all. But those that are within 4 days of a birthday would be aged up. Not perfect. But might help a bit. No mods required. :)
    edited March 2014
    TadOlson wrote:
    You can if you had all of the components of the Mod and went into Master Controller>Immediate>age absolute and reset their age meter or you could alter their appearances with the dresser and mirror to make them look a little older.You might only need to reset the ages for pets though other Sims can get makeovers to look older.

She can select them all at once, but she'd still have to set their ages individually, unless she wants them all to be the same age. There is no control to add a specific number of days to everybody in town's age at once. And for anybody who is closer than 14 days to aging up, she'd have to age them up first, then set their age for that stage. Both absolute and relative age controls in MC are limited to adjusting age within the current stage.

Personally, I'd just change the ages of the active household, and maybe the student's friends from school, and leave everybody else as is.

• SeanieRockz44SeanieRockz44 Posts: 852 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for the responses, sad to see there is no way to add days onto the entire town. I have 100 plus sims in my Legacy family, so I'll just have to leave the ages as they are.
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm not in game but can you try this.

Click on city hall and go into the nraas menu.

Select Sim>>Intermediate>>Age:Relative. You should then get a dialogue box where you can enter your number 14.

Next, you'll be asked to chose the sim. Select them all apart from your sim.

The only problem I can foresee is if the enter the number dialogue box and the chose the sim options come up the other way around, so the choose the sim is first. Then you'll have to type 14 and hit enter for each sim, which will take you longer, but will still get you what you want in the end, and will be quicker than chasing them all down individually.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited March 2014
    IreneSwift wrote:
    Both absolute and relative age controls in MC are limited to adjusting age within the current stage.

I believe relative adds days to a sim's age, so even if they don't age up, they'll be ready to age up the next day if they are fewer than 14 days from the end of the their lifespan.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • KinztheSimKinztheSim Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited March 2014
    Click on city hall, or any computer.

Select Nrass

Then master controller>Sim>Intermediate>age: Relative - apop up will appear asking you select the Criteria of sims, What age group, Gender, And the type of Sims(Or). a second pop up appears for the Type of Sims(Or) choose the Residents option.

you will then SEE All the RESIDENTS listed, select the sims you wish to age or Select ALL.

A pop up will appear asking you to input Number of days to add to the sims. put in 14 or whatever number.

Click Check mark - a second pop will ask if you wish to add the current number to all other selected sims, click check mark(All Sims in town will age by 14 days, If you select the X you will manually input the number of days.

Hope this helps.

-Kinz
    sig_zps8ece011a.gif
  • SeanieRockz44SeanieRockz44 Posts: 852 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Thank you! :mrgreen:
    I just tried that, and I think it worked. The only problem is my sim ages as well. I don't know if she ages at University or not, so depending if she does or not, I'll just age her back 14 days.
    edited March 2014
    I guess I should have kept my answer at "I don't know." I even looked up the interactions before I posted the second time. But I didn't remember that the absolute option added whatever you typed in, instead of you having to type in the exact age. I only checked it out in my game once, and didn't find it as useful as the relative option.