Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

People dress male Sims, too

Please, Store designers, give male Sims more attention. The Bohemian garden set offered literally nothing for male Sims as far as clothing or hair.

I know you need to make stuff that sells. I am fine with that. But could you balance it out a bit, in the future? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ToliberaTolibera Posts: 1,366 Member
    edited March 2014
    Ah, Sindocat, I've been commenting on this for a few years now. There'll probably be a distaff set for males next set like they did with the Boho vintage clothing set. for some reason guys are often left lagging clothing wise in quantity. (I think for every male item there's 2-2.5 women's items.)
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited March 2014
    Not quite sure why that is either. As a female player, I like my make Sims to looks snazzy too!
  • Options
    goddess0676smgoddess0676sm Posts: 3,330 Member
    edited March 2014
    There was supposed to be a male jacket included, but it was pulled at the last minute because the jacket was used as an "exclusive" item in the MMAO machine.

I feel bad for SimGuruCopeland because he's catching a lot of flack for the lack of male items because of the mistake with the jacket. I'm not even sure it was his mistake, he just announced the inclusion of the jacket in the set. All I know is I haven't seen him since the mistake was uncovered a day or so before the release.

I agree that the store needs to include more male clothing and hair. I also think just one male jacket is not enough for a set that has 8 female clothing items and 2 female hairs. If the store team had planned on including more male items in the first place the missing jacket wouldn't have been such a big deal.
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited March 2014
    Have you guys been to the mall lately? Go to any store that sells clothes and look at the area devoted to women's clothes vs men's clothes.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm hoping that the April set will feature at least one male hairstyle and outfit. I think the MMAO jacket was intended to be in this set but as pulled at the last minute. SimguruCopeland did warn us in advance that it wouldn't be included. I had hoped they would substitute another jacket in its place but that didn't happen.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited March 2014
    Oh yes! I am another who has been wishing for more clothing for my male Sims. We need stuff for both male adults and also teen males. It is almost ridiculous how little clothing is available in the store for teen males.

I honestly think we have more than enough clothing available for A/YA female Sims, and it is time that the store starts focusing on the rest of our Sims.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited March 2014
    a646c45633cfab95a2aaf727480883aba7de652148fb3601db61853a62d3b3da.jpg

edit: sorry, I couldn't resist! :lol:

I'd particularly like to see more clothing for teens. Both genders. :D
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited March 2014
    a646c45633cfab95a2aaf727480883aba7de652148fb3601db61853a62d3b3da.jpg

edit: sorry, I couldn't resist! :lol:

I'd particularly like to see more clothing for teens. Both genders. :D

Surprisingly, male children have more clothing choices in the store than the male teens do. Male Children show 48 clothing items, but male teens only show 29 items. Or course our female sims win again with female children showing 70 items and female teens 71.
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited March 2014
    The file names for the clothing in the set point to them being very old leftovers from other sets (Lucky Palms/Midcentury and Everyday). I think only the garden stuff is new so they were probably just scrounging together what was lying around. I'd say they don't have much, if any, male stuff lying around, based on the ratio already released.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited March 2014
    MrHawk wrote:
    The file names for the clothing in the set point to them being very old leftovers from other sets (Lucky Palms/Midcentury and Everyday).

That...is very interesting. :?

Hey, you didn't happen to find any hidden stencils, did you? The yellow dress with large flowers doesn't actually appear in-game. I wondered if it was similar to the other situations where you had to go hunting for missing stencils...

And BY THE WAY, why does that even happen...? :?