Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Humble Harvest Stands

I did a forum search and found some info on the Harvest Stands, but I have some questions--for those who've used them.

Do you place these on community lots through Edit Town? Or are they portable in your sims' inventory and your sims place them? Do the stands go on your home lot or other owned lots?

Are the stands only open for certain hours? Do you have to tend the booths in order to make money? Or are NPC/Townie sims always assigned? I read that you can consign your produce. How does that work?

Does the lemonade stand work differently from the fruit/vegetable stand?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited March 2014
    You can put them on your home lot or a community lot.

You can choose to tend the one on your lot or on the community lot.

Townies will sometimes tend the ones on community lot.

They are always open and don't need a tender for your Sim to buy from or consign when placed on a community lot.

The lemonade stand only works with children. Your Sim can get cheap counseling from a child if one is tending it.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited March 2014
    It's kind of funny because everyone in my town is constantly rushing to the stand I have in the park. The townies literally take turns tending it. With all the other exciting things in the park, they would rather tend a stand. LOL

• Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited March 2014
    Just been looking at it.

So...its just a way to sell your produce for more simoleons...yes? Am I missing something? :)
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited March 2014
    You can buy produce there too - it saves you travelling sometimes if you want to get the World Adventures produce.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,019 Member
    edited March 2014
    Thank you guys for the info! I like the sound of these stands. Versatile. And you can get produce from other lands? Nice.

I harvest so much produce from our gardens, even when I'm trying to plant just a few things. I end up putting a bunch in the fridge or just selling it through inventory. If I can click on a stand and consign without talking to a salesperson, that would be easy and fun. Especially if I can give the townies a thrill by letting them do the tending. :lol:

They're on sale right now too.

• Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,019 Member
    edited March 2014
    Jimboola11: I read that the stands also add a lemon tree and purple eggplant bush. So a couple more harvestables.
  • Options
    dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited March 2014
    Oh, and sometimes when you buy your Sim will get the over charged mood let - other times they get the bargain mood let .
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited March 2014
    There are usually some books in them too. The produce changes each time you visit the stand.

I have them in my savvy seller stores and they seem bugged. But it is a bug I like. The product sells for a few hundred simoleans the Gardner Sim gets credited with a few hundred simoleans for their career. But the household gets credited with tens of thousands of simoleans after each sale.

EDIT: My tablet prefers to spell Sim as simple and Simolean as simple answer

So I think I'm going to make a few really weird posts until I either learn to cope with it or stop using it for posting on the forums.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited March 2014
    Jimboola11 wrote:
    Just been looking at it.

So...its just a way to sell your produce for more simoleons...yes? Am I missing something? :)

It adds purple eggplants and lemon trees to the game. You can also buy things you can't get in the grocery store like flame fruit, life fruit and World Adventures fruits. But the stock on that rotates so you may not be able to be any specific thing when you are checking.

It also has fruits @ very nice quality instead of the nice you get in stores, or normal from random seeds.

These days, I edit the grocery store lot to add in the stand in every town.
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited March 2014
    bklienhart wrote:
    Jimboola11 wrote:
    Just been looking at it.

It adds purple eggplants and lemon trees to the game. You can also buy things you can't get in the grocery store like flame fruit, life fruit and World Adventures fruits. But the stock on that rotates so you may not be able to be any specific thing when you are checking.

It also has fruits @ very nice quality instead of the nice you get in stores, or normal from random seeds.

These days, I edit the grocery store lot to add in the stand in every town.

Oh I see. Thanx (+lanlyn )
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited March 2014
    dizzydee wrote:
    Oh, and sometimes when you buy your Sim will get the over charged mood let - other times they get the bargain mood let .

Yeah, it's like going to a Flea Market and that's the way I have mine set up on a little lot. I have them on the festival lot for the Fall.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited March 2014
    I have one in the park and one at the local farm. My sims love to tend the stands. I also have the lemonade stand in the park and there are always kids tending it.