Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Website and My Page updates: The February Edition (2/25/14) read first post before posting =)

Hello there!

New maintenance, new thread.

Apologies for not being around, my duties offline are taking a bit of a toll. I still try.

Today we have for you guys:

My Page:

1. Adding/Declining/Blocking multiple requests from the "Request to add" section.

This is good news for us who struggle with a lot of requests (I know who you are).

In the "Requests to add" section where you see your friend requests, you will now see checkboxes on all the requestors picture.

Similar to the new and improved Purchase History, you can choose several requests to Accept, Decline, Block. You can also Select all requests (per page basis) and perform one of these actions.

Fields to notice:
1. Checkboxes to choose people =)
2. Select action drop down menu, you must choose one to proceed.
3. Check All: This is the Select All checkbox. once selected it will mark all request in that page.
4. Submit button: Once you have chosen your options, click on it to proceed.

Note that also clicking each request to bring up the "player card" and accepting that request the "old way" still works, so whatever is best for you.

My Studio:

This again is a blessing for those who handle a high volume of items in their studio. But this new addition is not just for exchange items such a sims or lots. This option appears on all tabs on My Studio: Exchange, Memories, Media, Movies and more and Greeting cards.

You can choose select all (it works per page basis) or several at a time and click the delete button and you are done.

Note that clicking Delete on each item individually still works in case you dont want to delete several at a time. The "old way" is still supported.

Super note: even though when you delete items in your personal my studio list you can see them deleted right away. It takes about 15 minutes to be reflected in all servers, so some people might say "hey,I still see it".

3. Bug fixes.
4. Stability work.
5. Backend things you can't see yet and some you can't see.

Note: I can't speak of anything store side, I can only tell you that we did backend things.

Stuff I'm currently on:

1. Performance on emails (gifting, Friend requests). these can suffer from site traffic there is no bug with them currently. We are working on helping them not to be affected by site traffic.
2. Site performance ,my page performance
3. Offline things
4. Emails related to base game.
5. Bug/problem related to image resize on the forums.
6. Asking about movie/story DB and items disappearing.

If you have questions, issues let me know.
Thanks!

Comments

• blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited February 2014
    Thank you and the team for the updates. :thumbup:

Just re-posting the below issues from the previous thread.

33w9stj.jpg

This needs to go under website "old issue".
    I bumped my old thread regarding the issue with over-sized images here. :wink:

33w9stj.jpg

Can't search past page 67000 in the member listing whether one uses the javascript #goto box or just clicking on the next page 67001. Everything after that just gets Liam'd.

ETA: Update 02/16/2014

At work today, thought I'd give it a shot on the wireless at work which is 144 Mbps which is way faster than at home. I run into the same issue.

Another thing is with the icon_mini_search.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifSearch feature in the above navigation is also seeing more time outs on searches. I'm doing some specific searches (that were successful in the past), that now get Liam'd. I was able to find what I needed using the same specific search in Google but that's not the point. I just find it odd that if I search on a specific term "I know" no one else has used in post except me, I should get a response back.

Is there a limit set in the parms for searching either way?

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • kulpickleskulpickles Posts: 111 Member
    edited February 2014
    Thanks OODLES!!! I really like the new options. It was such a pain to delete things one at a time to clean up my studio. This is AWESOME!!! You ROCK!!!
  • SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    edited February 2014
    blunote00 wrote:

33w9stj.jpg

33w9stj.jpg

Can't search past page 67000 in the member listing whether one uses the javascript #goto box or just clicking on the next page 67001. Everything after that just gets Liam'd.

At work today, thought I'd give it a shot on the wireless at work which is 144 Mbps which is way faster than at home. I run into the same issue.

Another thing is with the icon_mini_search.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifSearch feature in the above navigation is also seeing more time outs on searches. I'm doing some specific searches (that were successful in the past), that now get Liam'd. I was able to find what I needed using the same specific search in Google but that's not the point. I just find it odd that if I search on a specific term "I know" no one else has used in post except me, I should get a response back.

thanks Blue, the timeouts and loading issues i will forward to QA and engineers for review.
    About the forums images, are you guys posting a big image and it resizes on its own? or you are trying to resize in the forums itself?

Number 2 option has never been available. You would have to modify the size elsewhere and then re upload it on the forums. I got a similar complaint from Cindi and my QA came back with that.

Let me know if it is another case.
    Thanks
    edited February 2014
    blunote00 wrote:

33w9stj.jpg

33w9stj.jpg

thanks Blue, the timeouts and loading issues i will forward to QA and engineers for review.
    About the forums images, are you guys posting a big image and it resizes on its own? or you are trying to resize in the forums itself?

Number 2 option has never been available. You would have to modify the size elsewhere and then re upload it on the forums. I got a similar complaint from Cindi and my QA came back with that.

Let me know if it is another case.
    Thanks
    I have seen images that are monitor size posted in threads and they get cut off and don't get re-sized properly. At some point the "global code" that resizes images quit working as it should. The issue is intermittent. If you resize in the thread by placing the dimensions (i.e. "width=640" "height=480") behind the image url address, that does work as it should. It's just the auto re-sizing that is having issues.

As far as myself is concerned, I have always re-sized my images when uploaded to any online hosting site to be message board dimensions of ("width=640" "height=480"). Those post fine as well.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited February 2014
    The site still isn't working very well.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    edited February 2014
    TadOlson wrote:
    The site still isn't working very well.
    This is the equivalent to "It don't work". What isn't working very well?
    Unless you assume every can read your mind and figure out what isn't working. :?

Btw, the site is working fine for me in all browsers.
    edited February 2014
    The site's been glitching out and some things aren't working like the Exchange.I was also having issues with scrolling.I hope I can get my browser rolled back because the update was a big mistake.I was at version 27 with Firefox and was having nothing,but trouble with it because of this pain shown below and you should nuke it if you've got it.I managed to nuke the awful "security shield" shown below by "upgrading" Firefox.
    12799545255_5183e31770_z.jpg
    You might need to go HERE if your Firefox is at V27.I went there and "updated" my Firefox to V22 as shown below.
    12799532995_082b45a75b_z.jpg
    I have this site working for me again and it's only been that way since I went to V22 on Firefox.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • MFAKMFAK Posts: 485 Member
    edited February 2014
    Sorry to keep pushing but no mention of Story Maker losing Screenshots over time? You said last it was being addressed. Stories are still having their screenies vanish.
    edited February 2014
    TadOlson wrote:
    The site's been glitching out and some things aren't working like the Exchange.I was also having issues with scrolling.I hope I can get my browser rolled back because the update was a big mistake.I was at version 27 with Firefox and was having nothing,but trouble with it because of this pain shown below and you should nuke it if you've got it.I managed to nuke the awful "security shield" shown below by "upgrading" Firefox.
    You might need to go HERE if your Firefox is at V27.I went there and "updated" my Firefox to V22 as shown below.
    I have this site working for me again and it's only been that way since I went to V22 on Firefox.

The shield is not a feature my team puts out. This is a browser problem.
    Basically your browser is saying that it is blocking content, that is why you are having problems.

You need to check your broswer security settings to "unblock" the site safely.

Thanks

edited February 2014
    MFAK wrote:
    Sorry to keep pushing but no mention of Story Maker losing Screenshots over time? You said last it was being addressed. Stories are still having their screenies vanish.

This is not on my direct plate which is why is not mentioned.
    But i can ask around what is the problem, i know that they are looking into it.

• PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited February 2014
    Just kind of curious:
    Did you all ever do anymore investing and/or find anything more with my invisible status issue? I still have friends, new and old, saying that the only way they know I posted anything to look in Recent Activity.
    edited February 2014
    TadOlson wrote:
    You might need to go HERE (Note: I removed this link in my quote) if your Firefox is at V27.I went there and "updated" my Firefox to V22 as shown below.

The shield is not a feature my team puts out. This is a browser problem.
    Basically your browser is saying that it is blocking content, that is why you are having problems.

You need to check your browser security settings to "unblock" the site safely.

Thanks

Agrees with SGR here. I can run the site in...

Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 9.0.24
    jf7uo2.jpg

Google Chrome Version 33.0.1750.117
    jtoxhg.jpg

as well as Firefox Version 27.0.1
    2el8myr.jpg

It is up to the end user to make sure all their browsers are up-to-date, read how their browsers work, and adjust the settings to whatever needs they have on their own computers and/or laptops.

I'm also to bring up the Exchange in Firefox v27 (as well as MSIE9 & Chrome v33), with no issues.
    jtoqyu.jpg

You've downgraded the Firefox browser to a previous version and that is probably more insecure. Same can't be said with Internet Explorer as that is part of the Windows operating system.

33w9stj.jpg

In addition, those running Internet Explorer versions 10 & 11 with Win 7, 8, and/or 8.1 need to run their browser in Compatibility View. Not only by adjusting the setting in the Comparability View setting but also by going into F12 Developer Tools and setting compatibility there as well. It will depend on whether the end user is running MSIE10 or MSIE11, as the settings are a bit different in each.

Otherwise, I normally check those main three browsers after maintenance on the site as habit. Sorry, I don't have a Mac so I can't check Safari. :wink:

ETA: I removed the link in my quote.
    edited February 2014
    I finally solved my browser issues by switching to Firefox 22 instead of staying on 27 like I was before and The only issue I've got is that I was stuck spending 24 hours trying to find a solution to my browser issue before I completely lost access to this site and I've posted about the issue and the solution HERE I think that Firefox 27 dosen't want to work with this site and you need to get an earlier version like 22 to use Firefox here.
    Here's the version of Firefox I've installed to rollback my browser while I still had V27 installed and I quit the browser to install my upgrade as the install window insisted on calling it.I was rolling back as an alternative to resetting which would delete browser bookmarks and all other custom settings.
    Here's entering the site with Firefox 22 and I've nuked that awful shield causing the issues.I'll have to try upgrading slowly until I find how far I can upgrade safely until somebody at home can find another solution or I report problems with the security shield to Firefox.
    12810818373_7fe74068d1_z.jpg
  • TerriSimTerriSim Posts: 78 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I can not post on a topic I started and have not been able to all day. Is any body else having this issue?

Thank you

Terri
    edited February 2014
    SimGruRusskii Thank for telling me that Firefox was supposed to have a way of setting that awful security shield because i never found anything like that in mine and the upgrade introducing the shield on my computer was when the problem started.I suspect my upgrade at that time was flawed and had to roll back until we can find out why I didn't get any way to reset that shield.
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited March 2014
    @SimGuruRusskii,

I have a request for mysimpage and friend requests:

If I send someone a friend request and they ignore it, it is shown as "friend request pending" forever, and there's no action I can take to change or cancel my request in any way.

It's a small point but annoying.

The path is Mysimpage/ My friends/ Requests to ADD/ and then (below)"View Pending Sent Requests"/

The vast majority of people accept my friend request when sent. But if someone choses to not accept or ignore (I'm not sure if there's any difference between these 2?) for whatever reason, I should have the option to withdraw that request at some point.

Otherwise it shows FOREVER pending, some for years, and there's no way I can just cancel the request?

Maybe the team can just add a feature to cancel a friend request, or maybe after a certain amount of time if there is no reply.

Thank-you!
    edited March 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    @SimGuruRusskii,

I have a request for mysimpage and friend requests:

If I send someone a friend request and they ignore it, it is shown as "friend request pending" forever, and there's no action I can take to change or cancel my request in any way.

It's a small point but annoying.

The path is Mysimpage/ My friends/ Requests to ADD/ and then (below)"View Pending Sent Requests"/

The vast majority of people accept my friend request when sent. But if someone choses to not accept or ignore (I'm not sure if there's any difference between these 2?) for whatever reason, I should have the option to withdraw that request at some point.

Otherwise it shows FOREVER pending, some for years, and there's no way I can just cancel the request?

Maybe the team can just add a feature to cancel a friend request, or maybe after a certain amount of time if there is no reply.

Thank-you!
    My ears were burning when I saw your post. Originally requested this be fixed ages ago.

ETA:
    Have an older thread here suggesting to clear up forever pending friends requests. In the example post I used SGHydra as an example but she has since excepted the request. However, it is still an issue. It would have been great to add a fix for this when changes were made to accept/decline multiple request with the last site maintenance. :wink:

edited March 2014
    Thanks blunote00, I read your linked thread. I'm tempted to "bump" it, but it's in "possible bugs" and I don't think the gurus go there, or it will do any good.

The "numbers" of friends match up now since the layout of the page and friend request thing is different. BUT I still have annoying friend requests pending, some made years ago, sitting in Limboland clogging up the website. Imagine multiplying that by however many people and mysimpages have these "pending" forever requests.
    edited March 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    Thanks blunote00, I read your linked thread. I'm tempted to "bump" it, but it's in "possible bugs" and I don't think the gurus go there, or it will do any good.

The "numbers" of friends match up now since the layout of the page and friend request thing is different. BUT I still have annoying friend requests pending, some made years ago, sitting in Limboland clogging up the website. Imagine multiplying that by however many people and mysimpages have these "pending" forever requests.
    Sorry just now replying it's freezing here and I went back to bed to warm up. Actually, put my blankets in the dryer first. :?

Anyway, I thought about reviving it myself after updating the OP a bit. It's still relevant though I have forever pending FR that go back to 2009.

s0v76t.jpg

I still think we should be able to recall these if we sent the request. But if they pend for a month (with no action accept or decline), the request should automatically be removed by the system and/or database. If it's got a count then it's got to be tracked in a db somewhere. :wink:

edited March 2014
    I have 24! I'm not so good with printscreen so I'll spare myself the embarrisment. And I was going to also say 1 month is definitely time enough. Then it should be erased. It's also freezing here. It had warmed up to the 50's this past week. Was so nice and mild, but now snow and freezing again. I'm cranky :wink: .
    edited March 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    I have 24! I'm not so good with printscreen so I'll spare myself the embarrisment. And I was going to also say 1 month is definitely time enough. Then it should be erased. It's also freezing here. It had warmed up to the 50's this past week. Was so nice and mild, but now snow and freezing again. I'm cranky :wink: .
    Yeah we've got the same here. Police stop responding to accidents unless there's injuries. This weather really bites and I've resorted to drinking coffee to keep warm. Although, I may switch to hot coco later. :P

My knees hurt and the pain pills quit working, so I'm cranky too. :lol:
    edited March 2014
    SimGuruRusskii Thanks for making it easier to remove more than one item from our studio.
  • VaherVaher Posts: 193 Member
    edited March 2014
    On the My Friends List page I no longer receive the player card after clicking on an avatar.
  • VaherVaher Posts: 193 Member
    edited March 2014
    The Ladybug badge can be seen in my purchase history. The Ladybug badge does not show on the My Badges page.

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:21163&scategoryId=12394
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hello SimGuruRusskii,

I'm having an issue downloading the Plants vs Zombie premium content item. The link to the item may be broken as I can not access it from either my purchase history nor directly from the page itself. I have created a post in the store forum which details everything I have tried with the result remaining the same.

The link to the store post:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/742890.page#11821828

Hopefully, this issue will be resolved soon. Thank You in Advance.

EDIT TO INCLUDE ORIGINAL POST:

Hello Gurus,

Are you aware the link to the Plants vs Zombies Sunflower is broken? At least it is for me. Will you please pass this post to the appropriate department to have someone look into this?

I have been trying to download this file for days and it is just not working no matter which Browser (or Computer) I use. I have tried to download from my Purchase History as-well-as from the item page.

I have used the following browsers with no success:

IE8
    IE11
    FireFox (current version)
    GoogleChrome (current version)

The cache for all browsers were cleared and it made no difference.

My game is patched to 1.42 (New Base Game w/patch automatically built in). I am NOT updating to the latest patch because it is not needed, this item falls under the 1.42 update. And, I am having no problems downloading any other items which were released under this update -- just the flower.

Thank You in Advance for your assistance. Hopefully, the link will be repaired soon.