Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

keep getting message in oasis landing only about immigrants.

every 3 sim hours or so whenever I am in the future world I get a pop up warning about how the town council wants to move people in but there are no empty houses, this is very strange because there are about 10 unoccupied fully functioning empty homes for sims to immigrate into.

anyone else have this and how can I fix it?

Comments

• Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited February 2014
    This message is generated by the nraas StoryProgression mod. What number have you set for the minimum amount of free homes? If, for example, it's set to 10 but you only got 10 or less unoccupied homes then nraas Storyprogression will complain about it. Either lower the value for the min amount of free homes or turn the immigration off.
    This space is for rent.
  • lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    edited February 2014
    ok will check into that do you know where to look in sp?

I found this
    Minimum Empty Homes◾Determines the minimum number of empty homes that must be available in town prior to an immigration occurring
    ◾Default: 0
    edited February 2014
    That's the right thing you found. So what value do you read there? I don't know if you have changed it some time in the past. Anyway set it to any value you see fit.

The setting for turning off the immigration? Ugh I always have to search for myself. Even more because that one has been moved to a different location with one of the updates. :?

EDIT: Oh now something possibly important dawns to me: As you are talking about Oasis Landing, those 10 free lots probably HAVE to be because there needs to be space for potential descendants! But that's just a thought.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    This space is for rent.
  • lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    edited February 2014
    it is set for 0 and yes oasis landing is were I get the message. I placed a couple more houses to see if that helps it.
  • dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited February 2014
    I just turned NRaas SP off for OL. This won't effect SP in your homeworld and doesn't stop story progression - it just reverts to default EA SP. Between Dependents moving around and buyable vacation houses it seemed the easiest option.

But, I think there is also a way to adjust immigration not just empty houses in NRaas SP. You also might need to add some regular residential lots. I can't remember - but it seems to me that there aren't a lot of empty "lots" to work with in OL.
    edited February 2014
    dizzydee wrote:
    I just turned NRaas SP off for OL. This won't effect SP in your homeworld and doesn't stop story progression - it just reverts to default EA SP. Between Dependents moving around and buyable vacation houses it seemed the easiest option.

But, I think there is also a way to adjust immigration not just empty houses in NRaas SP. You also might need to add some regular residential lots. I can't remember - but it seems to me that there aren't a lot of empty "lots" to work with in OL.
    ^That, she is right. I didn't even think of it. Sure, most (if not all) free homes in OL are no regular residential homes and I think they don't count towards the immigration system. I have also SP turned off in OL so I have never recognized it.
    This space is for rent.