Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dealing with Lag Suggestions

My Sims 3 runs great outside of Isla Paradiso. It lags regularly and I find a lot of people stuck in the ground at certain homes. Does anyone know of any homes/lots that should be bulldozed to make the area run smoother? I've already got rid of the Scott family and their house as I found someone outside of it stuck in the ground, and I've already got rid of the Ojeda family as they had three pets, all of whom had missing skins. Any more suggestions? Have to say this is the worst location yet for lagging, outside of China.
Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley

Comments

• lilybluebelllilybluebell Posts: 495 Member
    edited February 2014
    I feel your pain because Island Paradise is probably my favourite expansion pack but the world is just laggy and imcompetent and I've tried everything to no avail. It's not major lag, it's the spikes that happen every seconds or so that make it so annoying and jittery to play.
    In regards to your plea for lag suggestions, these are all the things I've tried that I've found when looking round forums and websites.

♢ Installing the mod Overwatch
    ♢ Using the ResetSim * cheat (typing in the asterisk will reset all Sims in the game which is beneficial when some Sims are stuck which was causing lag)
    ♢ Using the Reset Everything cheat from the MasterController mod
    ♢ Deleting the Scott houseboat (you should delete this as soon as you start your game because the houseboat often drifts off and ends up in the middle of the ocean somewhere =.=)
    ♢ Setting all your graphics to low (which improves rendering performance, thus reducing lag I suspect?)
    ♢ Oppositely, setting all your settings to default and/or high (I heard it worked for some, it didn't for me)
    ♢ Running your game in Windowed Mode
    ♢ Deleting the Los Amigos house
    ♢ Deleting the Ichtacha Castle
    ♢ Deleting the Medina household
    I believe it was them three household which Llandros mentioned in his Setting Up Your Mods video on Youtube because they all had routing problems which was causing lag.

♢ I also believe there was a re-routed version of Isla Paradiso on Mod The Sims which apparently Sim Guru Graham recommended. (I've yet to try it).

This may work for you, but sadly not for me. I'm doubting now whether it's deep-rooted routing problems or whether my computer just can't handle IP. :cry:
    tumblr_m6lwv1LDhs1r1fabt.gif
    In Evan Heaven.

• MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited February 2014
    Thanks. I've already dealt with the Scott household and I use Overwatch. I'll delete the other three houses and hopefully that will help. Actually, I think I'll delete those three families. If nothing else it will cut down on my game file size as there are more than enough homeless sims around. I don't like using the reset all sims cheat as I'm afraid it will corrupt my game. Hopefully getting rid of all of these will help! I also have the fixed Isla Paradiso installed which I'm hoping helps as all of her other fixed worlds have! My graphics card is really good so I think I'm okay with the settings. Thanks again!

Reporting back in, removing these extra three houses has worked wonders! I just moved them into other houses. Will say I'm incredibly disappointed however that EA has still not fixed the issue with cave exploration. Three times now my sim went to explore a cave and popped out of the water onto a nearby beach. Very upset that a game I've loved since Sims 1 has degenerated to something that still has so many problems so long after release.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • lilybluebelllilybluebell Posts: 495 Member
    edited February 2014
    I am so glad this has worked for you! Happy Simming! :D
    tumblr_m6lwv1LDhs1r1fabt.gif
    In Evan Heaven.

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited February 2014
    I did not play the EP a lot, more busy using the features in my CC world. But I heard sims and pets easily get stuck because there's somany islands/coast line.

Did you try reseting the world? Bring up the cheat window, type resetsim *

All queued actions will be cancelled, and sims might be returned to their home, but not allways.

You could also try to reduce free will, I think sims are less likely to go places if you set it on the middle position.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    edited February 2014
    lucyvp86 - Thanks for the info. I didn't mind deleting them as it was quicker and easier than going in an modding their homes. I just moved them in somewhere else. As for the 'free' resort you can purchase. Yes, I completely bulldozed that lot. It's a nightmare. I actually tried to use that with one sim group as their first resort purchased and dear GOD! The amount of routing issues in that location simply makes it not worth it. Everything, everywhere is totally uneven so the walls are all warped etc and it didn't seem as though there was anything I could do to stop the constant route failures of staff or guests. Really wish they'd taken their time to properly ensure the routing was solid in a world so active, considering all the water activities.

Simmerville - I don't like using the resetsim * cheat as I have a feeling this will corrupt the game and doesn't actually fix the problem. I had the same issue in Shang Simla with poor routing and it was far better for my peace of mind to just delete the locations that were problematic (Hot Springs) rather than constantly resetting everyone in the game. It made it less about playing and more about constant maintenance of routing and that's not what I want to do when I sit down to my sims! And I love my freewill on High, otherwise the game isn't any fun!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • juanowen87juanowen87 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Having the same exact type of lag issue. Just bought this EP today too...=( I deleted all the families mentioned and removed the fencings etc

so far nothing helping too much. ResetSim * cheat gives me a good 20mins of breathing time before another routing lag
    edited February 2014
    As mentioned above, a Sim Guru has recommended this download to help deal with some of the routing issues. If you have a family currently in Isla Paradiso, save them to the bin before you install this. Also remember to deal with your cache files after installation before playing again: http://modthesims.info/d/514909
    Here is information on deleting your cache files: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]