Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Choose Your Own Challenge!*

deathxisxlovedeathxisxlove Posts: 3,687 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
e9Pujj3.png

Hey Everyone! I've been playing through the Shades of Love Genetic Challenge and taking a look through the other challenges that people have posted. They are really amazing, but I've had one issue. All the challenges I've seen are supposed to be completed in order. This can be fun to compare with everyone else on the same generation and it can make things interesting, but it can seem problematic sometimes. Right now, I have an athletic sim with dreams of being an acrobat, but she can't even leave the house or excercise because of raising her child and a challenge that requires all of her time.

In the Choose Your Own Challenge, you can pick what generational challenge that you want your heir to complete. You do not have to complete the challenges in order! The point of this challenge is to choose the challenge you want each generation. You can base this on your sim's traits or just what you find most interesting. Everyone will be selecting their sims from a provided list of male and female sims. This should add some interesting genetics that we can compare with each other.

This challenge will start with a single founder. Choose any sim from the list to begin. (It is highly preferred that all your sims come from the sim list provided, but but your founder may be a sim you create yourself.) You may go ahead and move in their chosen mate at the same time. Start with any house you like as long as it has no more than 2 bedrooms; a starter home is preferable. Your family can have no more than $5,000 after the house is purchased (less is actually preferred). Every generation, your sim must have at least one child with another sim from the sim list provided. You must choose an heir from their children and begin the next challenge.

xujkQeC.png

Names must be based on a different theme every generation! (For example, you could name your first generation children after a video game. Then, you could name your second generation after flower types. Then, the third could be something totally different.) Please remind us of your theme every time a baby is born!

All traits must be randomized unless otherwise stated in the challenge for that generation! Please include the traits of each of your sims in their birthday posts! When you announce your heir, also include the challenge that you choose!

No money or mood cheats are allowed after the starting house is purchased!

You may change outfits, makeup, eyebrows, eyelashes and hair to anything you want, but you can not change any features on the sim. Do not adjust any sliders. You may only change hair color if given that hideous brown-green hair color EA loves to randomly give us! You may also change hair color if the sim comes with hair that is more than one color (example: If sim comes with black hair and white tips, you may choose choose to color the hair black or white). This isn't required.

Set aging to normal. Only babies can be aged up early or set to shorter age times. All other sims can only age on their birthdays. You may use cakes on their birthday.

Please keep your mate choices diverse, so that we can see some interesting genetics and couple pairings. :)

Same gender couples are allowed and encouraged, but they have to be able to create an heir. This is only possible with mods.

Adopted sims are allowed, but can not be chosen as heir.

Mods are allowed. It's really up to you how "cheaty" that you want your game. Anything that gives a huge advantage is highly discouraged. Custom Content is very welcome! Personally, I'll be using them. It is NOT required.
BD94Z0t.png
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2014
    24y3gxq.png

Mad Skills- Master 5 different skills of your choice

Single Parent- Heir can never marry. The partner of the heir is not allowed to live in the household.

*Creative Genius- Master the painting, sculpting, photography, and writing skills.

Higher Education- At least two of the heir's children must graduate college.

Opposites Attract- Heir must have the traits Commitment Issues, Dislikes Children, and Flirty. Partner must have the traits Hopeless Romantic, Family Oriented, Shy and Unflirty. Heir and partner must date, move in together, get married and have at least one child.

Animal Lover- Adopt, buy, or breed 6 different large pets. They must be raised from the youngest age (foal, kitten, or puppy) to elder. Raise 4 small pets.

Wishes Really Do Come True- Heir and partner must both complete their lifetime wishes.

Baking Bad- Master the cooking skill, reach the top of the Culinary career, and read every recipe available (WA optional).

Almost Famous- Reach level 5 celebrity status and top of the Actor or Singer Career.

Take Over the Town- Partner with 3 businesses and own 3 different businesses.

Stay-at-Home, Working Parent- Heir must raise at least 5 children and reach level 5 of the painting, gardening, and cooking skills.

Bookworm- Heir must read 20 books and write 10.

Monster Mash- Heir must have at least 2 children that are 2 different supernatural types (3 if heir is supernatural). (Example: 1 witch and 1 vampire, or 1 werewolf and 1 fairy, etc.)

So Much Fun, It's Criminal- Heir must have the Kleptomaniac trait as well as at least two of the following traits: Evil, Mean Spirited, Grumpy, Hot-headed. Heir must steal 20 items and reach the top of the criminal career.

Undesirable- Heir must have some combination of these traits only: absent minded, couch potato, coward, dislikes children, evil, grumpy, hates the outdoors, hot headed, hydrophobic, inappropriate, insane, kleptomaniac, loner, loser, mean spirited, mooch, neurotic, never nide, no sense of humor, slob, snob, socially awkward, supernatural skeptic, technophobe, unflirty, unlucky. Heir must have 2 romantic partners aside from chosen mate.

The Graduate- Max out jock, rebel, or geek influence, master the social networking skill, and graduate college.

Futurama- Build a robot, experience at least one alternate future, and master the advanced technology skill.

Back to the Future- Build a time machine and travel to the future and past. Have at least one child in each.

If you Build it- Build a new house with at least 2 stories and 4 bedrooms on a new lot for heir and family. Do not use money cheats or depreciate the lot/items.

Perfect Gardener- Have a perfect garden with at least 20 plants. Master the gardening and fishing skills.

Friendly Family- Become friends with all the heir's children before they become teens and maintain those relationships until death.

Caregiver- Raise at least two children while running a daycare and reaching the top of that career.

Hit the Want Ads- Have at least three jobs and reach level four in each of them.

I Can Show You the World- Travel to all three vacation destinations (Shang Simla, Champs Les Sims, and Al Simhara).

Save the World (A Lot)- Reach the top of the medical career and law enforcement career (or firefighter profession). Heir can complete this alone or they can have one job while their partner has the other.

Occult Classic- Master the alchemy skill and use an elixir to become a supernatural or different supernatural.

You're A Wizard!- Master the alchemy and magic skills. Have at least one witch child. Witch child does not have to be heir.

Move and Shake- Move family to a different world. Take any sims you want with you, but you must build or buy a new house.

Living Dead Girl (or Boy)- Heir or partner must die and have at least one ghost child. Ghost child does not have to be heir.

Poison Ivy- Have your sim become a plantsim and find a cure before death. Must have at least one human child.

Hunger Games- Heir must raise 12 children and reach level 5 in the gardening, fishing, and archery (athletic) skills.

May the Mods be Never in Your Favor- Complete one generation without mods or "cheaty" store objects such as children items that max motives.

I'm a Real Boy (or Girl)!- Heir must have an imaginary friend and turn them into a real sim. The heir must then have at least one imaginary friend baby with the imaginary friend. This generation is the only one that can skip downloading a partner from the Sim List. You do not have to skip choosing a mate and the imaginary friend child is not required to be heir.

One (Wo)Man Band- Master guitar, piano, drums, and bass. The Laser Rhythm-a-con and violin are optional.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    BD94Z0t.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    PMzruPJ.png

I will probably always be accepting sims for this challenge, but please do not be offended if your sim isn't chosen. I can't include every single sim; I'm sorry. I am looking for a wide variety of YA only sims. I'd like CC free, CC included, supernatural, human, and all races and sizes. Please make sure all sims are free of bad CC!!! Please include any information I need to know about them with your suggestion.

If you have problems downloading a sim or notice any issues, please let me know!

If you download sims with CC, please be aware that sims on the exchange are not always safe from bad CC.
    I recommended that everyone use Custard or another program before downloading to check for bad CC!!! :!: IMPORTANT! After testing and downloading 9 sims (including a CC free sim!) from the sim list, every one of them showed bad CC when they were saved to my computer. If they were added to my game instead, I found no bad CC. Since the sims were from different creators and one had no custom content at all, I'm leaning towards the exchange attaching the CC. I HIGHLY recommend using Custard on all sims downloaded from the exchange!

Some sims with CC may have been created with sliders. If you try to change anything about their genetics (sliders), they will not look the same!

Here is a list of sims to choose every heir's partner. Choose one from the list for each generation.

Males:
    Guy Larson By Mikezumi
    Guy Larson By Mikezumi (CC free version!)
    Preston Grey By Mikezumi
    Eddie Starr By Mikezumi
    Eddie Starr By Mikezumi (CC Free version!)
    Edwin Prattle By Mikezumi
    Danny Campbell By muddypaws4167 (CC Free!)
    Eli By Mhamilton0911 (Witch *)
    Chase By Mhamilton0911 (Vampire *)
    Danny By Mhamilton0911 (Werewolf *)
    Tucker By Jenifer1918
    Donavan Littler By Mikezumi
    Andrew Flint By muddypaws4167 (CC Free!)
    Jonathon Grey-Steel By Mikezumi
    Raidan Centalonas By FyireChilde
    Joseph Herveaux By deathxisxlove (Werewolf *)
    Adam Moreau By deathxisxlove (Vampire *)
    Javed Meir By darlabubbles
    Kenji Forrest By themysticalpoet
    Drazen By Cyazurai (Vampire *)
    Jared Rhode By PrincessLala14
    Rhett Parodi By Cyazurai
    Michael Adams By Mikezumi
    Ebony Tyler By amadazulsim
    Monroe King By amadazulsim
    Jeff Abrhams By amadazulsim
    Marcus By amadazulsim
    Andrew Castenada By strelitzia19
    Alex Grunge By strelitzia19
    Gregg By BobSkellington
    Estevan By BobSkellington
    Will By BobSkellington
    Patrick By BobSkellington
    Jake By BobSkellington
    Derek By BobSkellington
    Ben Banks By Jenifer1918 (Vampire *)
    Fairy Boy By Jenifer1918 (Fairy *)
    Whitch Boy By Jenifer1918 (Witch *)

Females:
    Jo Adams By Mikezumi
    Jo Adams By Mikezumi (CC Free version!)
    Emeline Grey By Mikezumi
    Cadence Grey By Mikezumi
    Angela Starr By Mikezumi
    Lorna Croft By muddypaws4167 (CC Free!)
    Sabrina Brasswell By muddypaws4167 (CC Free!)
    Kari Finn By muddypaws4167 (CC Free!)
    Elanore Centalonas By FyireChilde
    Cliona O'Connell By JustKeepSimming
    Tamika Martin By deathxisxlove
    Gwen Kelly By deathxisxlove
    Sookie Stackhouse By deathxisxlove(Fairy *)
    Anya Harris By deathxisxlove (Witch *)
    Indigo Thornwind By deathxisxlove (Fairy *)
    Christmas Sim By themysticalpoet
    Kayla Dawson By darlabubbles (mediafire link only)
    Deidra Denim By PrincessLala14
    Suzette Thompson By Cyazurai
    Cleo Ray By Jenifer1918
    Deja Monet By amadazulsim
    Heather By amadazulsim
    Connie Muziq By amadazulsim (Fairy *)
    Allea Madison By amadazulsim
    Nadya Reed By Mhamilton0911 (Witch *)
    Naomi Kyle By strelitzia19
    Serena Carlson By strelitzia19
    Miley Cyrus By BobSkellington
    Jennifer By BobSkellington
    Lopita By BobSkellington
    Willow By BobSkellington
    Hannah Lerman By BobSkellington
    Carolina By BobSkellington
    Ariel By BobSkellington
    April By BobSkellington
    Helaene Quinn By JustKeepSimming ( CC Skin )
    Rune Therrios By JustKeepSimming

* If sim appears as human in CAS or game, please change to the given supernatural type.

I have asked for permission to use all of the sims above or they were recommended to me as sims made available for everyone to use in challenges.
    BD94Z0t.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Feel free to join, chat, suggest sims, and leave comments on everyone's pictures and updates. :mrgreen: Everyone is welcome!

A sincere thank you to my editor husband and to all the kind people on the forums who have donated their sims to this Challenge. Also, thank you to the Shades of Love Genetic Challenge for inspiring me and being so fun to play.
    BD94Z0t.png
  • Options
    JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited February 2014
    You've got me.

I'll wait for the list of spouses to get put up and get started on this right away :D
  • Options
    MangaMonster_xXMangaMonster_xX Posts: 2,233 Member
    edited February 2014
    Oooh la la I'd love to do this as I never get to actually PLAY my game it's just all modeling and photoshoots for me nowadays, just one question do we have to use a sim from the list as our founder or can we use our own sim? :D
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yay! I'm glad to see that there is already some interest. I'm excited to have you both. :mrgreen:

JustKeepSimming- I'll go ahead and post the sims I have currently, so you can potentially get started soon. I'm still adding them and going in game to test out my own old sims.

MangaMonster_xX- It's really preferable to use just the sims on the list so that we can see the genetics from all of us using the same sims. If you are willing to donate some sims, I'm more than happy to take a look at them. If you really, really want to use your own sim as a founder, I suppose you can as long as all your future sims are from the list.

I know how you feel about modeling. I've gone weeks with not playing the sims but constantly being in game to take pictures.

If either of you want to donate sims to the list, please just let me know. I'd love to have more sims to add. I just need to know that their CC is safe.
    BD94Z0t.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yay! I'm glad to see that there is already some interest. I'm excited to have you both. :mrgreen:

JustKeepSimming- I'll go ahead and post the sims I have currently, so you can potentially get started soon. I'm still adding them and going in game to test out my own old sims.

MangaMonster_xX- It's really preferable to use just the sims on the list so that we can see the genetics from all of us using the same sims. If you are willing to donate some sims, I'm more than happy to take a look at them. If you really, really want to use your own sim as a founder, I suppose you can as long as all your future sims are from the list.

I know how you feel about modeling. I've gone weeks with not playing the sims but constantly being in game to take pictures.

If either of you want to donate sims to the list, please just let me know. I'd love to have more sims to add. I just need to know that their CC is safe.

Sounds good, I'll upload my newest sim for you now then link her :-)

Edit - Actually it's probably not the best idea to upload her as she has a ton of sliders :roll: :oops:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yeah. That's my problem, too. I'm low on sims, but I can't remember when I started using sliders. I'm hopeful that the sims in my studio are okay. I haven't uploaded news ones in a loooong time. Which is both good and bad since my old sims shouldn't have slider and quite as much CC, but I've gotten better at sim making since I stopped uploading. :lol:
    BD94Z0t.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yeah. That's my problem, too. I'm low on sims, but I can't remember when I started using sliders. I'm hopeful that the sims in my studio are okay. I haven't uploaded news ones in a loooong time. Which is both good and bad since my old sims shouldn't have slider and quite as much CC, but I've gotten better at sim making since I stopped uploading. :lol:

I'm exactly the same, will the heir list be up today as I'm so excited to get started :mrgreen:

Also do you need us to post images of our founders if their our own :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Part of the heir list is up right now. I'll be adding sims as I find them.

Please post pictures of Both sims you decide to use. Post as many pictures as you want. All of them are welcome. The more pictures and updates, the better!
    BD94Z0t.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    More sims will be posted in the next couple of hours. I'll be adding in some of my own sims. I just have to take out my sliders and go in game.
    BD94Z0t.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Using Eddie Starr by Mikezumi as my sim's partner and my sim Darlia Blossom as the founder

Darlia

12633186423_1a673ec1e5_z.jpg
  • Options
    shideh357shideh357 Posts: 866 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I'd really like Sophie Grantham from my uploaded sims to be an option in this :) I'd offer the rest but a few of my sims have Hidden-Springs-esque green skin. Candance Shawkti would be an excellent choice too. (if your still accepting sims that is!)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I'll take a look right now! Thank you very much for offering your sims. I am still accepting sims. :D

Edit: Is Candace Shawkti CC free? It looks like she might be? I'll be adding both females. They are lovely.
    BD94Z0t.png
  • Options
    PrincessLala14PrincessLala14 Posts: 29,231 Member
    edited February 2014
    There are a ton of Sims here and here you can look through. It's been a while since I updated them haha but they have lists of CC and links to the CC, and lists of expansion/stuff pack content and store content. I don't know if all the download links will work properly though :(
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    There are a ton of Sims here and here you can look through. It's been a while since I updated them haha but they have lists of CC and links to the CC, and lists of expansion/stuff pack content and store content. I don't know if all the download links will work properly though :(

Wow! Are all of those sims donated for challenges? You are sure I can use them? They have different creators. If I can, that's amazing. Thank you!

Edit: Would you mind if I used some of the sims from your studio, PrincessLala14?
    BD94Z0t.png
  • Options
    PrincessLala14PrincessLala14 Posts: 29,231 Member
    edited February 2014

Wow! Are all of those sims donated for challenges? You are sure I can use them? They have different creators. If I can, that's amazing. Thank you!

Edit: Would you mind if I used some of the sims from your studio, PrincessLala14?
    All Sims on that site have been submitted to the site by people who have specifically stated that the Sims are welcome for use by anyone. And yes, you can use any Sims from my studio, but just be careful with them because I don't know which ones have corrupt CC on them and which ones don't, most exchange Sims tend to get bad CC attached to them...so make sure you run them through Custard or something like that before you DL :P
    Edit: You can help yourself to any of the children from my 100 Baby Challenge, too! If you want pictures of them before you download, just find the update in the list that says "So-and-so Leaves Home" in the title, it will have their YA CAS and in-game pictures.
    If you're going for unique genetics, the Sims I recommend most are Cora, Leslie, Breanna, Nick (he has an amazing CC skintone), Portia, Leonardo, Lavinia, Lucetta, James, Joseph, Zuki (another amazing CC skintone), Bunkai, Darren, Rihanna, Shakira, Lisette, Diane, Eucalypta, Parsley, Kathy, all of Versace's children, Ashleigh, Hermione, Ron, and Luna (most beautiful born in-game Sim ever).
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Ok, I think I've picked my two starting sims!

They will be Tucker by Jenifer1918 (He's a pretty good replica of the sim from the Youtube series and has really nice genetics!) and Tamika Martin by deathxisxlove!

Each challenge says that the heir must be the one to complete it. Does this mean we need to have a challenge in the starting generation, or just start off a regular legacy and pick up the challenges once we have an heir? :)

• Options
    edited February 2014
    PrincessLala14 - I will look at all your sims later in the day. It's way past bed time for me. Thank you very much for the sims! I have downloaded Custard (even though I don't know what the results mean yet) and I've suggested that everyone else get it as well on the first page. I didn't think about getting it, but that was a genius idea. Thank you!

JustKeepSimming- I will probably attempt a challenge with the founders, but it's not required. I want this challenge to be as fun as possible, so most of the rules are a tiny bit flexible. If you'd like to get settled before starting the challenge, you can or you can jump right in. :D So excited to see your updates!

I've got to get to bed. I'm sick and I need some rest. I've added more sims to the list and more should be added later today.
    BD94Z0t.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    PrincessLala14 - I will look at all your sims later in the day. It's way past bed time for me. Thank you very much for the sims! I have downloaded Custard (even though I don't know what the results mean yet) and I've suggested that everyone else get it as well on the first page. I didn't think about getting it, but that was a genius idea. Thank you!

JustKeepSimming- I will probably attempt a challenge with the founders, but it's not required. I want this challenge to be as fun as possible, so most of the rules are a tiny bit flexible. If you'd like to get settled before starting the challenge, you can or you can jump right in. :D So excited to see your updates!

I've got to get to bed. I'm sick and I need some rest. I've added more sims to the list and more should be added later today.

Aww get well soon, Death. :(

My starting challenge shall be almost famous! I'll complete it with Tamika and have Tucker do...something. xD

Just to let you know, your Tamika sim and the Tucker sim both had custom content in them that flagged up as corrupt. I've cleared out the bad cc and have them installed now, but wanted to let you know.

12640680413_819e58c090_c.jpg

12641033204_e4f2a3be7a_c.jpg
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,086 Member
    edited February 2014
    I wanna play..but I'm still re working my game so I'll get back to this! Looks like fun :)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thought I'd start this thread off!

I haven't got too much gamplay done yet, since I spent 2 hours in CAS restyling Tamika to let out her inner starlet!

I haven't changed any genetics, just given her some tattoos and contacts. :)

12643646894_945b86dc30_c.jpg
  • Options
    CyazuraiCyazurai Posts: 1,284 Member
    edited February 2014
    Oooo, I will have to remember this! Sounds like fun. :mrgreen: When I get bored of my speed legacy I'll have to start this up, haha. Also, feel free to add any Sims from my studio to the list (or not!).
    I believe something's can't be explained
    They are hidden in the mist and in the silver rain...
  • Options
    Jenifer1918Jenifer1918 Posts: 372 Member
    edited February 2014
    im going to go into game create 4 sim females and 4 males just for this
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Jenifer1918- That could be wonderful. You don't have to create so many right now though. I know how much time and work go into creating a sim. 8 sims would take me forever! If you are open to requests, I could really use more males and more sims of different races.

Cyazurai- Thank you very much for the sims! I've added some of your lovely sims to the list! :mrgreen:

JustKeepSimming- I love what you did with Tamika! She looks so much better after you restyled her. I'm sorry that she had CC issues. I opened her in Custard and nothing was red, but I just got the program so I probably did something wrong. I created her a long time ago and never played her.

Everyone is welcome to join any time you like, I'd love to have you all here! I should have an update or at least my chosen sims posted by tomorrow. I'm still sick and I haven't been sleeping well.
    BD94Z0t.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top