Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ If you have not seen this, you may want to ♦

Brought to you in partnership with xSorcier, we give you our first world -

Côtes d'Ambonnay - a French Medieval World, released and Featured - featured_item_icon_ver921808.gif - on February 11th.

Happy Valentine's Day! - wub.gif

Link to the world on the Exchange - 100% EA content, nothing else

Link to the world thread

Link to the Save file - an unpopulated Save with some tweaks and upgrades

~~~~~

It took us eight solid months to build the 150+ lots for the world and we left you about 30 empty lots to play with, including lots for your legacy challenges. Here's just a few images we've posted and more can be found on the world thread. To see more pictures, check the index to all the images on the thread in the second post on the first page. Enjoy the world if you choose to download and we thank you for any recs you leave us. We are thrilled to share this with you! :mrgreen:

Sarlat
Screenshot-60.jpg"width=600"

Screenshot-52.jpg"width=600"

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-DlJlGe9CPMg/UmvkKTyubSI/AAAAAAAABgI/gnwBi3URK_o/w700-h395-no/Screenshot-51.jpg"width=600"[/img]

The docks at Sarlat
Screenshot-41.jpg"width=600"

Screenshot-19.jpg"width=600"

Screenshot-23.jpg"width=600"

The Village of Armagnac
Saint+B%2527s+for+upload.png"width=600"

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-rv_ujUtATEo/UlLxjZrNWTI/AAAAAAAAAP4/sCnotfhUEv0/w700-h436-no/The+Old+Farmstead.jpg"width=600"[/img]

The Fishing Village
[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-ZEd23t45FAY/Uod5ItigsYI/AAAAAAAABlU/Yf3ms6ahOBk/w700-h349-no/Screenshot-25.jpg"width=600"[/img]

Screenshot-26.jpg"width=600"

The Badlands
[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-JTFGG-Zrkfg/UvkGYm05JEI/AAAAAAAAA44/nqMWeXIL1Uw/w700-h436-no/Lighting+Mod+-+1.jpg"width=600"[/img]

Screenshot-18.jpg"width=600"

Côtes d'Ambonnay

Lighting+Mod+-+3.jpg"width=600"

Lighting+Mod+-+4.jpg"width=600"

Lighting+Mod+-+5.jpg"width=600"

Screenshot-43.jpg"width=600"

Comments

• blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited February 2014
    Well i already plan to get it, but I wanted to say Happy Valentine's Day hon. :D **Hugs**

HappyValentinesDayMyFriend.gif
    YShQCz1.png
  • xSorcierxSorcier Posts: 346 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hi Lucy :D Ella Enchanted is very welcome in Côtes d'Ambonnay, I bet she'll make wonderful friends there!

Without IP installed sims can still travel between the islands by swimming but that may cause some disturbs to Côtes d'Ambonnay Life LOL Every sims in the world will take much longer to reach its destination. Be careful about that and let us now how does it run without IP :D
    Thank you very much for stopping by and leave your question.

Reach, Thank you for creating this new thread! HUgs*

EDIT: Thank you Blacksheba, Happy Valentines for you too!
    *I recently changed my origin ID from levijeronimo to xSorcier.
  • DocusatDocusat Posts: 2,305 Member
    edited February 2014
    What a stunning looking world :) As soon as I get my store content reinstalled I'll definitely be having a closer look.

Congrats on the feature. A nice reward for a lot of hard work. Rec'd of course
  • saschatilosaschatilo Posts: 3,007 Member
    edited February 2014
    What a beautiful world! Thank you for sharing! :mrgreen:
  • wensimmiewensimmie Posts: 1,750 Member
    edited February 2014
    @ xSorcier & Reach -
    I' just want to say thank you thank you for this world. It is absolutely beautiful! I've been reading your WIP thread and haven't downloaded it yet but I already know that this is going to be my favorite world.

Couple of questions: How many roads do you have? Do many cars pop up in game? Any tricks for minimizing cars/taxis/food trucks?
  • WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited February 2014
    Wow, that is some patience right there. :shock:

But it was worth the effort, amazing job!!! :mrgreen:
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited February 2014
    Lucy - If you have Supernatural installed, you can also use the llamas. Teleporting is another option, with testingcheatsenabled true.

Sharon - Thank you! **HUGS** Hope you have a lovely Valentine's Day with the boys in your family! :mrgreen:

Docusat, Saschatilo and Wallin - Thank you!

Wensimmie - I don't know how many roads we have but things that look like roads (including the dirt ones) are all roads. There are a few taxis, etc... but very few because there is not a single parking space in the entire world. That is the main thing that has helped to minimize traffic.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited February 2014
    It turned out very well and you so deserve the feature!
    edited February 2014
    I didn't know that about parking spots :)

This is going to be such a fun world. Thank you!!!!!!!!
    edited February 2014
    @Lucy - I would imagine Pets is more important because of the horses and woodland animals.
    edited February 2014
    Ciane - Thank you. :D
    lucyvp86 wrote:
    Which is more important for this world? Pets or IP? I have to make a choice and I know I'm not the only one unfortunate enough to have a slightly older laptop with an average graphics card.

Actually, IP is a lot more important than Pets for Côtes d'Ambonnay. IP is useful for travel and game play.

From Pets, we used some windows, a few wall-coverings and objects. If you leave Pets out, you can replace the missing wall-coverings and windows. The few objects we used from Pets are only decor, stables and hitching posts. You don't need Pets at all for game play.

Have fun! :mrgreen:
  • MajestykMajestyk Posts: 2,624 Member
    edited February 2014
    O.O Oh my gosh it is gorgeous! Recing now and hopefully I have everything you tossed into it cause I'm soooo going to download it and I'm starting a new game just to check it out. Great job!
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited February 2014
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

WOW! You have created a WONDERFUL world! That is amazing! Everything looks amazing! Just.... just :shock: :shock:

:lol::lol::lol:

Definitely rec'd!
  • MajestykMajestyk Posts: 2,624 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hmm I don't have Monte Vista nor Midnight hallows and a lot of the PC or venues how much will change?
    edited February 2014
    Emilzydiva - Thank so much! :mrgreen:

Majestyk - Thank you, also! Without Monte Vista and Midnight Hollow, you will be missing some rabbit holes, mainly. You may have to replace some of them but you can add them to basements and just add a simple structure on top with double or triple wide stairs to the basement. Take a look at the Hospital and you can see how I did it on that lot, if you aren't sure how to do it already. For that lot, however, I wanted to create a real hospital from medieval times and so it's a fully built lot but yours need not be so.

The best thing to do is to load the world and take a look around. Even if it took you a week to change some things, it took us eight months to build all those lots so it seems it would be still be worth it to go to that bit of trouble. Good luck!

• JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited February 2014
    It's wonderful, guys. :D
  • sueellen422sueellen422 Posts: 425 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Wow this is a lovely world! i have never played with any worlds other than the EP ones but i might try this!
  • Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited February 2014
    So gorgeous!! I can't even imagine how much work you put into that, I can barely even build one house :lol:

I will be downloading as soon as I manage to grab Midnight Hollow at a price I can handle. And MMAO is taunting me, offered the world for like 15% off today- but I promised myself I'd wait for an offer of 3500 or under, preferably under 3000. MMAO hates me- it never offers the 30-40% discounts on the venues or worlds I want!

Another question: I have the spellbook but not the rest of the Gothique Library. How vital are the items from that library to the world?
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited February 2014
    WOW. What an amazingly beautiful world! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I love everything I see from these pictures, but the docks are my fave!

So much talent and patience you guys must have put in this build. Congrats on a job well done and for the feature. Totally deserving! :thumbup:
    edited February 2014
    Jools - We thank you!

Sueellen - We hope you'll enjoy it immensely!

Jojo - Nice to see you! I have found MMAO to be worthless for me personally. Nothing there for me except things I already own, including worlds. :roll:

The Gothique Library was one of the last purchases xSorcier made while we were building the lots. It went on sale and I wanted to use the windows from it. I would say it's not very important and that only a few builds use the windows and I'm not sure we used anything else from it. Let's hope you are able to snag Midnight Hollow soon! Thanks for the nice comments and good luck!

60smusicluvr - Thank you. xSorcier and I have a soft spot for the docks area also. :mrgreen:
  • Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited February 2014
    Reachsims wrote:
    Jojo - Nice to see you! I have found MMAO to be worthless for me personally. Nothing there for me except things I already own, including worlds. :roll:

The Gothique Library was one of the last purchases xSorcier made while we were building the lots. It went on sale and I wanted to use the windows from it. I would say it's not very important and that only a few builds use the windows and I'm not sure we used anything else from it. Let's hope you are able to snag Midnight Hollow soon! Thanks for the nice comments and good luck!

Yeah, I get offered Lucky Palms Gold and Sunlit Tides Gold sometimes- and I have standard versions and the venues separately already!! That's always really annoying :(

Okay, thanks for letting me know, that shouldn't be too big of a deal. I would love Gothique Library but can't justify it since I own the spellbook. It would have to be on a very good sale. Really makes me wish they offered some kind of discount on a venue if you already owned the PC from it!
  • 2Mahawk2Mahawk Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited February 2014
    This world is just gorgeous! It's no wonder it got featured. Rec'd and fav'd. :D
    edited February 2014
    Jojo777 wrote:
    Yeah, I get offered Lucky Palms Gold and Sunlit Tides Gold sometimes- and I have standard versions and the venues separately already!! That's always really annoying :(
    Exactly, Jojo! I am offered the same (except it's standard versions when I bought the gold) whenever I bother to check. And they should offer the Complete Your Set feature for the venues when they also sell the premium content separately. :twisted:

2Mahawk - Thank you! xSorcier and I are so pleased to see your comment!
    edited February 2014
    Yes we are! Very pleased to read all those AMAZING comments here! Thanks a lot.
    I'm working on an NPC save file to get all the play experience more authentic in Côtes d'Ambonnay :D
    edited February 2014
    NPCs like this mail carrier,

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-pxS8SzudOVk/Uv5_1jdGcAI/AAAAAAAAB80/J9sGQIuWqkk/w513-h816-no/Screenshot-59.jpg[/img]

or this little girl who brings the newspaper.

Screenshot-56.jpg