Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I already feel ripped off

I bought the collector's version, primarly to get the Prima guide. I open the package and find out, not only isn't it there, but i only get a 25% off coupon for the prima guide. 🐸🐸🐸🐸!

Comments

• skaiyeskaiye Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah the collectors edition was a rip off. They needed to include the full strategy guide on the thumb drive at least. Oh and I am a Mac user and guess what the Prima Coupon does not work with Mac Computers.
  • kangaroo89kangaroo89 Posts: 25 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I didn't get the prima hints and tips either. I got the game, a USB (who cares), and the sound of air where a guide should have been. I essentialy paid 20 dollars extra for a digital care and 2 gigabytes. :cry: :x
  • Telecheer18Telecheer18 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    BarbaraBGS wrote:
    I bought the collector's version, primarly to get the Prima guide. I open the package and find out, not only isn't it there, but i only get a 25% off coupon for the prima guide. 🐸🐸🐸🐸!
    I totally agree, I actually thought something was wrong with my flash when I couldn't find the Prima Guide, very very very disappointed. Only slightly less mollified to find the 25% off coupon.
  • pointypiratepointypirate Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm pretty sure that the Tips & Hints was the Prima guide they mentioned, and it even says on the box that it's just a Tips & Hints guide. I didn't reel ripped off at all. They actually told you exactly what you were going to get.
  • TheSilverKnightTheSilverKnight Posts: 24 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Doesn't say you get the strategy guide you get a tips and tricks guide by prima its a 6 page pamphlet inside the game case. Do research before you wrongfully complain about not being given something.

And if you wanna tabulate price a 2gb flash drive costs 9-12 dollars depending. You get an in game car which if it were on the store would be worth at least 3 dollars in sim points.
  • heidismilesheidismiles Posts: 502 New Member
    edited June 2009
    You get a small pamphlet, NOT the "Prime Guide" but the Prima "Hints and Tips Guide." This is how it was advertised.
  • thetxsvxnthetxsvxn Posts: 108 Member
    edited June 2009
    I was disappointed, too, with the quality of the hints and tips guide, and I can't deny that's exactly what they said I would be getting. Although it really should have been made clear that this was NOT the same as the strategy guide.

As far as the plumbob, I thought it was great and was one of my main motivators for having purchased the collector's edition anyway.
  • BlueneonBlueneon Posts: 30 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Wow, that makes me glad I didn't decide to order the Collector's Edition.
    I was debating whether or not I wanted to spend the extra money for the guide and the USB drive, but now that I see you don't even get the guide, I'm glad I didn't put out the extra money.
    I would've been even more upset that my game doesn't work if I had gotten the special edition... and trust me, I'm upset enough that my game doesn't work.
    *Sigh* Two more weeks until that new iMac is mine!