Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Earned Third Degree, and...

Finally got through an entire graduation ceremony, and got the diploma in my inventory.

Since my Fine Arts and Communications Degrees showed as earned, I never knew what I'd been missing.

This time, I got my Sim to the Stadium before the Graduation ceremony began. When it did, he was already on site, and probably the third Sim through the door. Previously, the logjam of attending Sims had prevented the whole Graduation sequence from completing, so I'd not known there was a Graduate moodlet, or that my Sim would celebrate his achievement, or that he'd get a diploma in his inventory.

And I finally got the extra Trait slot I should have earned with my first degree. I guess the third time really is the charm! :)

So, if you are having trouble with this, too, do yourself a favor and get there early.

Likewise, I stake out my mailbox in the evening, so that I have a smooth departure home. :) But I figured that one out after my first time living in a Fraternity, and getting caught in the crush trying to go home from there.

Oh, and yes, I got the Lifetime Happiness for three degrees, too. :D

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    edited February 2014
    Congratulations :D !
    I have also missed the ceremony last time because I didnt know that it took place on that day. Instead my sim went to the beach and had a great time ... I had to use a previous save and repeat the whole exam. Imagine this would happen in real life :shock: .
  • Shogo_YahagiShogo_Yahagi Posts: 838 Member
    edited February 2014
    If you get there late, you can cancel the action and click on one of the other doors to go in and graduate. Any of the doors will work, the only problem is that everyone defaults to using the same door.

I was going to throw a beach bash to celebrate the end of term and didn't realize that I had it scheduled for the same time as graduation, so I was all the way across town when graduation started. The logjam was in full effect when I got there, but I just went in through one of the other doors. The NPCs were still trying to get in when I came out with my diploma.

My beach party, however, was a total failure.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited February 2014
    Oh, I had my party the night before, at my house (Frome's Cabin - someone else had moved into my awesome on-campus build), and it was a huge success.

And I had made it into the ceremony before, but neither time previously had the whole cycle completed, so this is the first time I actually saw my extra trait slot. The diploma is hanging on the wall behind the desk in my study at home now. :)