Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World Idea Poll...

Okay, with my first world coming to a close, I'm going to start another world. I love Into the Future and all of its content, so... you know the holographic wall projection of the city? I want to create that. Basically, I want to create a world that is in the empty version of the University World that is a more dense utopian city than Oasis landing, with a huge lakefront central park, the Roaring heights skyscrapers, and its own university. What do you guys think? Would you download it?

Comments

• SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited February 2014
    Yes, I would play a world like this. :-o
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited February 2014
    niac1234 wrote:
    Okay, with my first world coming to a close, I'm going to start another world. I love Into the Future and all of its content, so... you know the holographic wall projection of the city? I want to create that. Basically, I want to create a world that is in the empty version of the University World that is a more dense utopian city than Oasis landing, with a huge lakefront central park, the Roaring heights skyscrapers, and its own university. What do you guys think? Would you download it?

Hi. :)

If you were going to build a world with the above descriptions, you MUST BE careful about a few things:

1) The Create a World tool DOES NOT LIKE a lot of store items. I know, I know ... it's a downer. I was just informed about this. I tried (very recently, in fact) to place the Greenhouse and the Business as Usual Bistro lots in my new world, but CAW kept crashing. How can you "get around" the store items?? DON'T USE ANY AT ALL. (again, downer)

2) Depending on how big you were thinking of creating your world, you also have to think of HOW MANY LOTS (commercial and residential) you want to have. Again, CAW doesn't like too many. (another fact i was informed on)

With what you are thinking of doing - or, want to do - I don't know if you'll be successful. Try it first with what you already have installed. If it works, yay! If not, you will have MOVE your downloads folder to your desktop. This will sort of "delete" all of your cc, store items, anything *you* might have downloaded, etc. OUT of your game. (i know, it sounds confusing) THEN .... work on creating your world.

Ok?
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited February 2014
    MsPrissy88 wrote:
    niac1234 wrote:

Hi. :)

If you were going to build a world with the above descriptions, you MUST BE careful about a few things:

1) The Create a World tool DOES NOT LIKE a lot of store items. I know, I know ... it's a downer. I was just informed about this. I tried (very recently, in fact) to place the Greenhouse and the Business as Usual Bistro lots in my new world, but CAW kept crashing. How can you "get around" the store items?? DON'T USE ANY AT ALL. (again, downer)

2) Depending on how big you were thinking of creating your world, you also have to think of HOW MANY LOTS (commercial and residential) you want to have. Again, CAW doesn't like too many. (another fact i was informed on)

With what you are thinking of doing - or, want to do - I don't know if you'll be successful. Try it first with what you already have installed. If it works, yay! If not, you will have MOVE your downloads folder to your desktop. This will sort of "delete" all of your cc, store items, anything *you* might have downloaded, etc. OUT of your game. (i know, it sounds confusing) THEN .... work on creating your world.

Ok?

Hi.
    Okay... but what do you think of the theme? I already know how to create a world if you'd just click on my siggy. ;)

Oh... and I have no idea what you mean about the store content issue. I have plenty of store content in my world and have experienced no issues. *knocks on wood* Does anybody else have this problem?
  • aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hi! First, GREAT TO SEE YOU!! :D Hope you are doing really well :)
    Second, congrats on wrapping up your world!
    Third, this sounds really brilliant. I would definitely download and play this world.

I have had a lot of trouble with store content in CAW, namely EIG crashes. So, I run CAW from a folder with no store content. That said, I intend to figure out how to get around this. It must be a memory issue? I don't know. Rflong is the person to talk to about working around troubles with store content and also Junceda I think has a lot of experience there.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! That is great you can use store content. All the better for those of us with that content to enjoy your worlds :)
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited February 2014
    niac1234 wrote:
    Niac, I wouldn't download it except to help out with testing, if I have the time. I like to play in an historical setting. I have never cared for futuristic settings and don't even care for modern settings all that much, unless it's something like Tokyo, Japan. :XD: It is the modern world in which I live. The primary focus of my education was history and so it figures I would want to visit the past when I play.

But I will say this because it doesn't really matter if I want to play in this world you've dreamed up. Build for yourself. xSorcier and I built Côtes d'Ambonnay for ourselves. Period. We are only sharing the world with others because some people out there do want it but we don't really care about the numbers of downloads and most recs come from friends who just want to show support for one's work.

Build for yourself. Those who want to play in your world will download it. Those who don't, will check it out, leave a rec maybe and might take the time to tell you what a great job you've done. I know your work already so I already have an idea what I'd be telling you. :mrgreen:

Pretty soon half the people here (if not more) will have run off to play Sims 4 and then numbers won't matter anyway. Build for yourself.