Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you got your free copy of Town Life?

Just posting to ask if anyone has got their free copy of Town Life offered through the 14 anniversary celebrations? I redeemed my copy the day this offer became available and still haven't received my copy. Even though EA said it could take up to 72 hours which is up today, I think there's got to be something wrong. COME ON EA! Don't offer something for free and then not ever give it to us!
siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
FIND ME ON THE GALLERY: holdenwade97

Comments

• Hisgirl4life1984Hisgirl4life1984 Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    Haven't got mine yet either.. Even though it say I have it on my page.
  • Tamaldo77Tamaldo77 Posts: 136 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I got my copy 30 minutes ago. Excited, I downloaded and installed the stuff pack into my game. Once the installation finished, I went in-game, but to my surprise, there is hardly anything new included. There are 5 venues (I think) and very few objects in build/buy mode. :(

I used to complain about "Fast Lane Stuff" for not having much included, but now that I've seen "Town Life Stuff", I can't complain about "Fast Lane Stuff" anymore, because the lack of objects in this stuff pack is just ridiculous. I guess now it makes sense why this one was the only one chosen to be given away for free... :x

one other thing, when I went to check the new content, it had the "Outdoor Living Stuff" icon on every object included in this stuff pack. I don't know why this is the case, but if anyone has encountered this, please let me know how to change it. :cry:

On the bright side though, I didn't spend a penny on this stuff pack, so I can't say I was ripped off! :wink:
  • muddypaws4167muddypaws4167 Posts: 2,108 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I got mine ! It took over 30 hours to show up on my Origin but I finally was able to download and use it tonight .

Edit: Whovian on your "My Page" it says Town Life is registered. Have you tried logging out and back into your Origin and hitting the "reload" button?
  • sherryalexissherryalexis Posts: 17 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I got mine. But it didn't appear in "My Games." I had to search for it manually on Origin, then download it for $0.00.
  • taraincognitataraincognita Posts: 109 Member
    edited February 2014
    I got mine. But it didn't appear in "My Games." I had to search for it manually on Origin, then download it for $0.00.

I finally got mine by doing this. Thanks sherryalexis!
  • caprice12210caprice12210 Posts: 369 Member
    edited February 2014
    NO I have receive Town Life either...I think because I do not have the BUNDLE...I have bought the Sims 3 Expansions Sims 3, Sims 3 Night Life, Sims 3 High End Loft which was sold individually.
  • caprice12210caprice12210 Posts: 369 Member
    edited February 2014
    I got Sims 3 Town Life at 3am last night. Thank you.
  • tanya7768tanya7768 Posts: 118 Member
    edited February 2014
    Yes, recieved it last night, did take 72 hours.
  • YankeeAngelYankeeAngel Posts: 64 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I got mine from the link posted. No code was asked for or needed it installed with no trouble & i'm enjoying having new places for my sims to go to. Just remember it's a stuff pack not an expansion pack. Stuff packs don't usually come with a lot of items.
  • Whovian97Whovian97 Posts: 392 Member
    edited February 2014
    Tamaldo77 wrote:
    I got my copy 30 minutes ago. Excited, I downloaded and installed the stuff pack into my game. Once the installation finished, I went in-game, but to my surprise, there is hardly anything new included. There are 5 venues (I think) and very few objects in build/buy mode. :(

I used to complain about "Fast Lane Stuff" for not having much included, but now that I've seen "Town Life Stuff", I can't complain about "Fast Lane Stuff" anymore, because the lack of objects in this stuff pack is just ridiculous. I guess now it makes sense why this one was the only one chosen to be given away for free... :x

one other thing, when I went to check the new content, it had the "Outdoor Living Stuff" icon on every object included in this stuff pack. I don't know why this is the case, but if anyone has encountered this, please let me know how to change it. :cry:

On the bright side though, I didn't spend a penny on this stuff pack, so I can't say I was ripped off! :wink:

Oh man! I feel your pain. Yeah, I knew about Town Life and its lack of actual stuff. In my opinion, the best stuff out of this Stuff Pack would have to be the clothes. Now, there's not many of that either, but what is there is quite nice. But anyways. I haven't been having the problem you've discussed above. Sounds like you'll need to contact EA for assistance on fixing that. Hope everything works out! :)
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
    FIND ME ON THE GALLERY: holdenwade97
  • jensimgirljensimgirl Posts: 160 Member
    edited February 2014
    i tried downloading it and it says it is curently unavailible!
  • BlackLunaHeartBlackLunaHeart Posts: 43
    edited February 2014
    I did get it, though it took a day to show up.
    I'm glad I never plunked down 20 bucks for it... really the only exciting looking additions is maybe some of the kids stuff and the washer and dryer.
    Is this similar with most stuff packs? I try not to buy them because they always seem to not be worth the price for a couple of nice extra nuggets and also a bunch of stuff you'll never touch... I think the only stuff pack I ever owned from TS2 was Celebrations.
  • turmalina007turmalina007 Posts: 118 Member
    edited February 2014
    After 3 days...still waiting. I`m starting to think it was just a cheap trick.
  • YaVaughnYaVaughn Posts: 2 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I still haven't received my copy at all yet and it's been 3 days. It says that I redeemed my copy already and I still do not see it.

UPDATE: I followed the instructions in this post and received it in about 2 minutes.
  • Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited February 2014
    I got mine almost immediately. Have been playing it for a couple days.

• Cynth220Cynth220 Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, I finally broke and downloaded it. I now have an obsession with that **** tree house! It's making me so mad that I can't find a stock house to stick it with!!! (I've been trying Isla Paradiso but all the lots are sloped or too tiny.)

Any recommendations on where to use it? Oh, and mah sims got SWAG! The Bolero top is awesome.
  • QueenEcheveriaQueenEcheveria Posts: 61 Member
    edited February 2014
    I had problem getting it but I did the second method and ran into a small problem. When I did it, it told me to remove the promo code so I then looked up a solution to my problem. To fix the problem simply go onto origin on your web browser but don't log in. Find and add Town Life to checkout make sure it says £0 or $0 then press checkout it will then ask you to log in and it will show up on your My games section.
    pouladb96c2.png
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited May 2014
    Yes. I was going to buy it but now I don't have to. :D
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • VegasKeliVegasKeli Posts: 6
    edited July 2014
    I paid for mine, though I wish I didn't, because it did not have all the featured items included... VERY UPSET... have no idea how to retrieve the missing items! $20, CRAP... IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN FREE ALL ALONG!
  • CicconeSimsCicconeSims Posts: 22 Member
    the stuff pack shows as registered on myPage on thesims3 but it's not in my origin account. :'(