Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Got the free copy of Town Life Stuff, downloaded it, but have no serial code to install with

I got it from Origin yesterday, but it didnt show up til today. It downloads but I have no serial code to put in so I'm stuck at the install. Help?

Comments

• Options
    Deniseangel27Deniseangel27 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited February 2014
    i dont have code either. i didn't get a email with it in. So how am i supposed to install it?
  • Options
    Chantal1822Chantal1822 Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    I didn't get a serial code either.
  • Options
    thewhitecatthewhitecat Posts: 25 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Same here - downloaded it okay but unable to install as it keeps asking me for the registration code.

Any ideas? Anyone?
  • Options
    BokchilBokchil Posts: 4
    edited February 2014
    Same here. Glad to see it's not just an issue on my end, at least.
  • Options
    alisandrealisandre Posts: 9 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Same problem here. Got the game, no serial code.
  • Options
    ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    edited February 2014
    Same here as well. I hope someone figures this out lol
    original.gif
  • Options
    AnakitiaAnakitia Posts: 13
    edited February 2014
    Same here, glad I'm not the only one. Hope this doesn't mess my game up while this gets sorted.
  • Options
    madzellmadzell Posts: 2
    edited February 2014
    I have the same issue as well. First thing i did was come on here to see if other people were having that issue. Hope this gets fixed soon.
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited February 2014
    I hope I'm not too late to join the party too. I need that serial code also. You'd think someone would have thought that part thru before releasing the promotion.

No cake for you.
  • Options
    wiselittlegirlwiselittlegirl Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    Well at least I can see for once I'm not the only one having this very problem. I just tweeted them with a request to help with this. I hope it gets sorted out soon.
    I just want it sorted out soon so I have something to do between classes.
  • Options
    CountFavCountFav Posts: 352 Member
    edited February 2014
    I've got the same problem.

Ah well another day of waiting, our emails are probably at the bottom of a very long list!

Shall have to wait and see if I get my email tomorrow.
  • Options
    kolyabookolyaboo Posts: 71 Member
    edited February 2014
    Just got out of chat after waiting 45 mins! They say there will not be email it should be working automatically but isn't due to a glitch. They claim it will be fixed soon and to be patient.

My advice is wait a day or so, if it still doesn't work throw out the files you downloaded and re-download and see if that works.

I couldn't pin him down on ETA but he said they have had complaints and it has been escalated.

Just figured I'd let you know!
  • Options
    MalifleMalifle Posts: 9
    edited February 2014
    Same here, my excitement just got trampled over =(. Hitting the refresh button on origin so many times just so I could be stuck in installation great...
  • Options
    MegasaurusMegasaurus Posts: 134 Member
    edited February 2014
    You know they hyped up the anniversary and told us they had a special surprise for us. You'd think they'd have been prepare for the huge demand of people trying to download the game, so that people got their game and product code at the same time.

Yet another EA fumble I guess, don't know why I'm surprised.
  • Options
    kolyabookolyaboo Posts: 71 Member
    edited February 2014
    According to EA, there isn't supposed to be a product code it should just install automatically. I'm guessing someone forgot to change the installer? That's why I think the best thing is to take the files out of your origin folder, wait, and try from scratch?
  • Options
    sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited February 2014
    Sounds like the know about it and working on it. Hope they get it fixed soon!

It sounds like the copies in our Origin libraries were supposed to come with registration codes already attached to them, but the they didn't. Maybe they can just attach the codes for us, without having to email us codes for us to input ourselves. We'll see.

I'm waiting on mine too. 8)
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)
  • Options
    sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited February 2014
    And now the official Sims twitter has acknowledged the issue:
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)
  • Options
    MusicalPoetMusicalPoet Posts: 359 Member
    edited February 2014
    *sighs* was super excited when i saw it in my games.....then got to the download. excitement crushed.

hahaha, patience is a virtue that i do not have. xD
  • Options
    Sheilaaa_xSheilaaa_x Posts: 33 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I've asked both EA & Origin support and they told me to contact an adviser about no code issues. Like ok, i'm not the only one needing this code.. lol
  • Options
    heathermioneheathermione Posts: 151 Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm still waiting for mine to show up in Origin so I can't verify, but if Town Life is already showing up in your Origin library, try to click or hover on the picture and then click on the "i" which should bring you to the info page.

The Product Code listed there is the number you put in for the serial number. I've bought a couple of EPs and SPs via Origin that MyPage recognized it as registered but that asked for serials on install even though there was nothing in the email, and that's where I found the serial numbers to enter.

But I guess if they're acknowledging there's a problem, they probably don't show up there either but I figured it would be worth a try since no one mentioned that.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I've done everything & no code. I'm not the only one.
  • Options
    MysterDMysterD Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    I have Town Life in my Origin account from the giveaway, but there's no serial code there!
    LOL!
  • Options
    Slvrsrpnt71Slvrsrpnt71 Posts: 4
    edited February 2014
    Looking through other posts, i'm glad to see EA is looking into it. :-o
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Looking through other posts, i'm glad to see EA is looking into it. :-o

Yeh, me too.
  • Options
    MegasaurusMegasaurus Posts: 134 Member
    edited February 2014
    hopefully they figure out the issue/get the codes to us soon because I was really looking forward to messing with the new content

At least they're aware of the issues now. I have to wonder though if anyone has successfully downloaded and installed the game since the giveaway yesterday