Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still can't redeem?

13...Next

Comments

• EdwardJ50EdwardJ50 Posts: 66
    edited February 2014
    Yes its in my page as well, just waiting for it to show up in origin. You would think they would send you an email with the game code and just redeem the game code and the town life will show up in our origin.
    gmermmy wrote:
    Jimboola11 wrote:
    Hmmmm...

Now have it listed as registered on 'MY Page' (which is quick - Supernatural took over a month to show up) but it is not listed as one of 'MY Games' on Origin and having played I can say it is not in my game.

What a kufuffle!

Hey I just checked it's on My Page as well but not in the Origin library.
  • Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited February 2014
    These issues are the exact reason why I don't want Origin on my Mac!
  • Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited February 2014
    Oh great!

So it finally showed up in my 'My Games' in origin so I downloaded it!

Now it wants a registration code!
    Checked email...nothing from EA!

Why EA! This is SO much harder than it needs to be!

EDIT - What the hell am I supposed to do now?
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited February 2014
    Wait.

EA is looking into it.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Spawn000000Spawn000000 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Thank You so much blunote00!!! I followed your instructions on changing add-ons and compatibility mode settings and ta-da! It finally worked!! :D Now, I didn't actually get to install it yet because it said it may take up to 72 hours to show, but I am just so excited that the page actually opened and it went through the process of verifying that I do have the sims 3 base game and gave me the success page saying that I will be getting it! :D YAY! Doing happy dance! Thank you so much again blunote00!!! (For anyone who wants to try these steps, they are on page 2 of this thread.) Good luck!
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hey everyone! This may apply to you. I just off of live chat with EA and they told me you have to have the base game register to redeem the gift. Some of you may have that issue!

Anyway that ruins my chances, but thanks Blunote and good luck to everyone who may still have a chance.
    Awww, I'm sorry hun. I wish things would have turned out different. :(

Thank You so much blunote00!!! I followed your instructions on changing add-ons and compatibility mode settings and ta-da! It finally worked!! :D Now, I didn't actually get to install it yet because it said it may take up to 72 hours to show, but I am just so excited that the page actually opened and it went through the process of verifying that I do have the sims 3 base game and gave me the success page saying that I will be getting it! :D YAY! Doing happy dance! Thank you so much again blunote00!!! (For anyone who wants to try these steps, they are on page 2 of this thread.) Good luck!
    Yay! Glad this is working for some of you. People don't realize that browsers have all kinds of settings in them and can/do render the same code on a webpage differently (on occasion). Sometimes you just have to tweak the settings to get things to load. :wink:

I hope it doesn't take too long for everyone's game to load in Origin. Just so you know you can ping and trace the Store.Origin IP address (209.87.180.121), just like you can for thesims.com site. :)

Best of Luck to you all. :mrgreen:

ETA: I did update the other post with a screenshot of the what the compatibility settings look like in the F12 dev tools for MSIE10 & MSIE11. Didn't have that image until today.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • EdwardJ50EdwardJ50 Posts: 66
    edited February 2014
    I got mine, but whats weird is I went to buy The Pets and when I started to download it, the Towns Life appear so I hope all that redeemed there Town Life gift get yours and with out having to purchase a expansion pack.
  • gmermmygmermmy Posts: 133
    edited February 2014
    Well I got mine this morning. The way I got it was though, I went to the Origin site found Town Life and saw it was $00.00 for the price. So then I signed in and put it in the cart and was able to download and install it. I then got a message on this site that I successfully registered my game. Kind of weird but I have it.
  • ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm back to say I got mine through the Origin store a few mins ago! My actual face when I saw that it downloaded- :mrgreen:

Thanks EA and good luck to those who still don't have it.