Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still can't redeem?

Comments

• blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited March 2014
    @Blunote Well I learned something new. :shock: I ping the IP address and got 51ms.

I have Java. I updated it the other day and I have the latest version of IE.

Will try clearing all my browser caches, temp files and such.
    MSIE 9 and up need to be run with compatibility view settings. Most definitely versions 10 and 11.

Go to start > all programs > accessories > system tools.
    There is Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons).
    Then click Tools > Manage Add-Ons to open.
    Click on Toolbars and Extensions, then under Show select All Add-Ons.
    Highlight just one on the right and do ctrl + A to select them all, then hit Disable all.
    Then go back and enable the Java only.

Looks like this...
    do0wtf.jpg

Then go back to the menu, click Tools, Compatibility View settings
    Add thesims.com site list.
    Make sure to check only "Display all websites in Compatibility View".
    You don't want a broken piece of paper showing at the top of the browser.

Looks like this...
    mjle6a.jpg

Then go back to Tools, go to F12 developer tools.
    You should see something like below. You also need to set compatibility in both places.
    In the url try to open the site (make sure the compatibility in dev tools doesn't change) it will sometimes. Make sure it matches your version. Sometimes your want it to read a previous version but try your version first.

For MSIE 9 and 10
    2ebuz49.jpg

ETA: Update for MSIE11
    This shows the "user agent string" the Goldmoldar was talking about in his post here. Thank you for posting that. :wink: :thumbup:

Sorry I don't have MSIE10 or MSIE11. I do have MSIE9 (for work). I was able to snag a screenshot with instructions on what you may see in MSIE10 but for sure in MSIE11. The instructions to set compatibility in the F12 dev tools is a bit different but the screenshot helps. I wasn't able to add this last night. :oops:

Instructions ~
    Click on ‘tools’ and then ‘F12 Developer Tools’. You will now have another window at the bottom of your IE window. In the panel on the left scroll to the icon of the monitor, which is ‘Emulation’ and then select ‘Internet Explorer 10 (or 9) in the ‘User Agent String’ drop down selection.

For MSIE10/11
    200wcpt.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • mellysuemellysue Posts: 238 Member
    edited February 2014
    After patiently waiting the rest of the day, I am still unsuccessful... Kind of disappointing, because I have seen others not have an issue, and I am/we are still stuck.
  • BryanbejayBryanbejay Posts: 5 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I haven't had any luck connecting to the site either, at first I thought it was too many people causing a bottleneck, but I'm having the same issue this morning, so I ran a trace to see if there was a server issue. It goes from here in Scotland to London where it connects into the Leve13.net network, it is then sent to Paris where it runs around three of their servers, it then shunts across the Atlantic to their Washington servers and gets sent around three of those, then it runs into a brickwall as the next connection is a "time out". This is where the problem is, that server has a hardware failure, but because it's still "live" it means nobody has noticed, so I will continue to be sent there by my ISP until someone notices and takes that server offline, and that could take hours, days, weeks or even months.

So I'm off looking for a proxy that will allow scripts to be run, otherwise I'll never get this.
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited February 2014
    Bryanbejay wrote:
    I haven't had any luck connecting to the site either, at first I thought it was too many people causing a bottleneck, but I'm having the same issue this morning, so I ran a trace to see if there was a server issue. It goes from here in Scotland to London where it connects into the Leve13.net network, it is then sent to Paris where it runs around three of their servers, it then shunts across the Atlantic to their Washington servers and gets sent around three of those, then it runs into a brickwall as the next connection is a "time out". This is where the problem is, that server has a hardware failure, but because it's still "live" it means nobody has noticed, so I will continue to be sent there by my ISP until someone notices and takes that server offline, and that could take hours, days, weeks or even months.

So I'm off looking for a proxy that will allow scripts to be run, otherwise I'll never get this.
    My trace takes me to Texas where I know EA has offices. My trace actually completed just fine. I hope it works out for you. :wink:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited February 2014
    Seen a few threads on this now. What I have not seen is anyone who has completed.

Like many I have eventually got the 'success' message but that was 15 hours ago. No sign of the stuff pack being mine yet.

Has anyone actually GOT the darned thing? Is it in your Origins 'my games' - I assume that is where it will pop up.
  • tiffedge76tiffedge76 Posts: 117 Member
    edited February 2014
    I am still unable to even get to the page to redeem :( this has now been 24 hours with no success. EA or Moderators you claim it's fixed but clearly its not.
  • SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hi all -

We're aware of the players reporting that they're unable to view the page to redeem. This is currently being looked into - we'll keep everyone posted. Thanks.
  • EdwardJ50EdwardJ50 Posts: 66
    edited February 2014
    I successfully redeemed mine It says to check your origin and click to download it well...........

I keep checking my origin for the FREE Town Life EP and its still not there. It did say it may take upto 72 hours to show up.

However, did anyone get theres? If so how long did it take? Or did it show up and you can't get it and how long did it take to show up.
  • gmermmygmermmy Posts: 133
    edited February 2014
    Yesterday I kept signing into Origin then the Sims3 site. I did this a few times and finally got an Origin page saying I already own Town Life.(wonder if they send me more than one copy Ha) And thanking me. I didn't know how to take a screenshot (I was too excited). So I'm guessing I will get it..sometime :D But if I don't, no worries, for me anyway.
    edited February 2014
    Or! Maybe certain people will get it and a few of us won't get it. I better get it cause it said I successfully redeemed it and Im just waiting for it to show up in my origin. I have the email saying I redeemed it.
    edited February 2014
    Well I didn't get a page saying I own it, I just got a page saying I already redeem the item, Im just waiting for it to show up in my origin.
    gmermmy wrote:
    Yesterday I kept signing into Origin then the Sims3 site. I did this a few times and finally got an Origin page saying I already own Town Life.(wonder if they send me more than one copy Ha) And thanking me. I didn't know how to take a screenshot (I was too excited). So I'm guessing I will get it..sometime :D But if I don't, no worries, for me anyway.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2014
    Try adding Sims site to compatibility view settings which can be found under IE Tools. It may and may not help but it is worth a try. IE has so many revisions that some sites has not made any revisions to their sites that under the new IE version the site may not work correctly so you have to go through a compatibility setting. I already have the SP but would like to see others get it before EA/Maxis pull the cord. Just for the fun of it I tried to claim it and got the HTTP 400 error(Bad request) until I added it to the compatibility view stings and it let me through but being I already own it I couldn't partake in it.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited February 2014
    1620912_10152044249983705_475227470_n.jpg
    <p>
    <p>
    1901154_10152044249993705_533553929_n.jpg
  • Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hmmmm...

Now have it listed as registered on 'MY Page' (which is quick - Supernatural took over a month to show up) but it is not listed as one of 'MY Games' on Origin and having played I can say it is not in my game.

What a kufuffle!
    edited February 2014
    Yea I'm still waiting for it to show up in my origin games, I keep clicking reload my games to see if that would pull it in but it hasn't. It'll be fully 24hrs later on so we'll see. Although it could be cause so many redeemed the gift that it crashed the system that the game is on to redeem it from. It be nice if EA would keep us updated every so often and not just once.
    Jimboola11 wrote:
    Hmmmm...

Now have it listed as registered on 'MY Page' (which is quick - Supernatural took over a month to show up) but it is not listed as one of 'MY Games' on Origin and having played I can say it is not in my game.

What a kufuffle!
    edited February 2014
    We're all still waiting for it to show up... I assume so many of us was redeeming it and it may of crashed the server that the game is hosted on.
    Jimboola11 wrote:
    Seen a few threads on this now. What I have not seen is anyone who has completed.

Like many I have eventually got the 'success' message but that was 15 hours ago. No sign of the stuff pack being mine yet.

Has anyone actually GOT the darned thing? Is it in your Origins 'my games' - I assume that is where it will pop up.
  • taheen74taheen74 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited February 2014
    EdwardJ50 wrote:
    Or! Maybe certain people will get it and a few of us won't get it. I better get it cause it said I successfully redeemed it and Im just waiting for it to show up in my origin. I have the email saying I redeemed it.

Heck, I didn't get an email stating that. The site says I redeemed it though...

It's not showing up as any kind of download on my Origin though (well, other than the paid version).
  • muddypaws4167muddypaws4167 Posts: 2,108 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I am still waiting my expected 72 hrs for it to show up on my Origin. I keep hitting "reload" to see if its there yet. Yep- its registered on My Page
    edited February 2014
    I didn't update the latest patch yet is that going be a problem?
    edited February 2014
    Jimboola11 wrote:
    Hmmmm...

What a kufuffle!

Hey I just checked it's on My Page as well but not in the Origin library.
  • ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hey everyone! This may apply to you. I just off of live chat with EA and they told me you have to have the base game register to redeem the gift. Some of you may have that issue!

Anyway that ruins my chances, but thanks Blunote and good luck to everyone who may still have a chance.
  • ScylScyl Posts: 461 Member
    edited February 2014
    Still doesnt work for me: I tried often yesterday,today and I always get the same thing: Blank page trying to load and error message (timed out).

Tried the link from the Origin popup "featured today", link on sims3 page, link on simvip. None worked.
    edited February 2014
    It automatically checks to see if you have the base game registered before it offers you the free game. If you have it registered it will take you to the page saying congrats followed by instructions on how to get the game.
  • BlackTigerBombBlackTigerBomb Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    Hi! This still doesn't work for me either, weather with origin (In the "featured today" thing!)or from the store, in fact it's been like this for over two days now. Even here on this site I can't even open anything listed under the "games" tab as it takes forever to search and then tells me "This page can’t be displayed" therefore, even if I wanted to purchase other store stuff, nothing works.

Hopes this gets a fix soon!
    edited February 2014
    I feel its gonna take some time before many of us get the game due to that so many have redeemed to get the game and it may of crashed the server that the game is on. It did say it may take upto 72hrs for it to show up in your origin "my games"
    Scyl wrote:
    Still doesnt work for me: I tried often yesterday,today and I always get the same thing: Blank page trying to load and error message (timed out).

Tried the link from the Origin popup "featured today", link on sims3 page, link on simvip. None worked.