Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I was just wondering?

Hello all!
I recently got a computer that has Linux Mint 12 on it. I was just wondering how exactly I could play TS3 on this? Considering I have my game through Origin & It won't install! :cry: I'm very frustrated, any help with this is welcome!

Thanks in advance & Happy Simming! :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited January 2014
    I've never seen any support from EA for playing Sims on any other OS other than Win/Mac. However, I have seen postings about playing Sims using the Wine app.

Linkage ~
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine_(software)

I really don't have much to do with Linux or Unix unless I'm dealing with servers at work. Sorry, I can't be much help.

ETA: Disclaimer.
    You will have to check things out and research for yourself. If you decide to go that route I doubt you will find any support around these forum. I would advise you to use at your own risk.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    smithfamily89smithfamily89 Posts: 75 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for your help but I called the Toshiba company and they are going to send me recovery disk! Windows here I come :)