Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I've asked before.....

I've asked before for someone to explain mods to me, but I mainly got links :/ It's really confusing to me! Could someone please give me like an explanation of how to do it? Like, Mods for dummies? haha :mrgreen:

Comments

• cemole4235cemole4235 Posts: 344 New Member
    edited January 2014
    It honestly depends on what mods you want, what you want them to do in your game. A good many people here use Twallan's mods, and unfortunately, those mods are so in-depth that there's not really a "mods for dummies" synopsis. You just have to read the FAQs and documentation for each mod to determine whether you want it for your game, how to use it, and what settings to use. They do such things as tweak the time in the game, limit how many stray animals are in your neighborhoods, what romantic interactions or orientations you want for your Sims... it does so much I can't really summarize it succinctly.
  • VRStevensonVRStevenson Posts: 4,396 Member
    edited January 2014
    The links you got were most likely tutorials that many others have successfully used to install mods.

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_CC_Basics

This right here is a guide for beginners. It is what I read to start and the most complete guide I've seen.

TS3: Downloading for Downright Dunderheads

Just read carefully and follow the instructions and you should have no problems. :)
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited January 2014
    I've got a text link in my signature to a post about getting started with Mods where links to tutorial videos,tools needed for unzipping filed,framework folders and Mod sites can be found all in one place.I used the videos to learn about installing and using the Mods and the links helped me to find everything I needed to make it work.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • AaeiynAaeiyn Posts: 521 Member
    edited January 2014
    Yes, the tutorials kind of help, but the mods won't do anything you don't want it to do. Unless you tell it to do something, is the only time it does. Takes a lot of reading and patience.
  • shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    edited January 2014
    a mod is a modification of the game. think to yourself, is there anything you'd like to change in the game that annoys you? Then there's probably a mod for that! haha :)

For instance. I hated that stupid mosaic blur when they shower etc. I swear, I'm not a 🐸🐸🐸🐸, I just think it's silly and in the way. So I went and looked. Is there a mod to remove the blur? Yep! That's a mod.

Then there are mods to fix tons of other issues or make sure issues don't appear.

I have one "mod" that is an objects, an apple barrel, that horses can eat apples from. They get the apple moodlet and the barrel is bottomless. Yay! That's a mod.

I also have a mod for "clearing" up the neighbourhood at night. So when people get stuck, or whatever, the mod cleans any glitchy stuff at night.

So a mod is a file you put in your game folder to enchance, fix, remove, or do whatever it's suppose to do!