Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about Seasonal Lot Marker

I have just recently been dabbling with the Seasonal Festival lots, changing/adding things to my liking. I have thoroughly read SimGuru Semedi's tutorial thread and other fansites that offer tips on using the seasonal marker.

I'm pretty comfortable now with using it, but I seem to run into the same problem with one object. Seems I cannot add a firepit/chairs to stay only in a certain season; as soon as I click on another season, instead of disappearing, the firepit only turns invisible, and becomes part of "common mode." This means, that during normal play, the firepit stays put through all seasons and then blocks or interferes with other objects I've placed for those seasons.

So far, this hasn't happened with any other object. I can use tables/chairs, picnic tables, benches, hobby/sports objects, etc. in a particular season, and they all disappear (as they should) when switching to another season. Why is this happening with the firepit? I only want the firepit during Fall and Winter, not Spring and Summer, but it's not working correctly. Help?

eta: Nevermind, I saw in SimGuruSemedi's list of objects that can't change with the seasons and always belong to common mode, that the firepit is one of those. Oh Rats! :/

Comments

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited February 2014
    I've actually built three festival lots and I've made a few mistakes in the builds,but I would put a fire pit in common mode.I should build another festival lot since it's very easy to build for me.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg