Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Boarding school for children

I am aware to the fact that with the sims 3 generation game you can send your child off to boarding school, I've seen college and boarding school life simulations that other simmers turn into some kind of episode thing which is cool. I have a few ideas... also I was wondering if this is already available

1. For you to build your own boarding school and have the headmaster live there- or can you just create a boarding school of your own and watch kids attend and stuff? or like send a kid there where you can attend as the child and make them do stuff... I know it's vague

2. Can you open your own restaurants with the sim 3 ambitions pack? Like have your own cafe' and stuff?

If this isn't possible or hasn't been done I suggest these two as an idea...

:( though if everyone is giving up on the sims 3 and no more expansion packs will be made I understand. With the sims 4 coming out you guys won't be making any more sims 3 stuff will you?

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    edited January 2014
  • HeloNecroHeloNecro Posts: 97 Member
    edited January 2014
    Oh.... Well thanks for the information.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited January 2014
    HeloNecro wrote:
    I am aware to the fact that with the sims 3 generation game you can send your child off to boarding school, I've seen college and boarding school life simulations that other simmers turn into some kind of episode thing which is cool. I have a few ideas... also I was wondering if this is already available

1. For you to build your own boarding school and have the headmaster live there- or can you just create a boarding school of your own and watch kids attend and stuff? or like send a kid there where you can attend as the child and make them do stuff... I know it's vague

2. Can you open your own restaurants with the sim 3 ambitions pack? Like have your own cafe' and stuff?

If this isn't possible or hasn't been done I suggest these two as an idea...

:( though if everyone is giving up on the sims 3 and no more expansion packs will be made I understand. With the sims 4 coming out you guys won't be making any more sims 3 stuff will you?

Hi there!

1. I recommend checking out Zerbu's Realm he has a mod that opens up schools. I haven't used that feature yet, but I am using his Ultimate Careers mod and I love it! With the careers version you can choose which lot your sim works on, so I'm guessing you could probably build a boarding school and send your sims there instead.

2. For this, I recommend getting the bistro oven from the store here. Then also getting Ani's bistro mod from Mod the Sims. Also things like the pizza oven, teppanyaki grill and the barista bar from Uni life are handy. This will give you 'open' restaurants. Then using Zerbu's Ultimate Careers mod you can set the lot as your culinary career workplace. I was just doing this myself yesterday but I don't have screenshots. You can see how it works in Iron Seagull's video.

Hope that helps! :D