Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fun things to do with newlywed sims! :)

I usually never have my sims use romantic interactions, except for trying to get them married, and when it comes to having little simlings. However, In my current game I'm playing me & my husband. After they got married, I sent them to woohoo as usual but then the next morning, I thought, when I got married IRL we were lovey dovey for months. So, I sent them to tour the town theatre together and do some shopping. When they get home, I plan on them having dinner under the stars and some more babymaking. I was just wondering what everyone else does with their newlyweds, and wanted to share a little about mine :D

Comments

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited January 2014
    If they have enough money, I like taking them to France for a few days. (Get a few extra days off work that way. :D ) If they just don't have the money to go there I go out on the town with them, eat at the Bistro, watch a movie, hit the boardwalk... Whatever I find available for them to do.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • cemole4235cemole4235 Posts: 344 New Member
    edited January 2014
    I haven't had any newlyweds in Sims 3 yet, since I've only just started playing earnestly, but I will say that in Sims 2 I once married a couple, moved them into the house, and then got called away on an errand and accidentally left my game running. Ten minutes later I come back to find him making eyes at a neighbor that had come visiting, she slapped him, the newlyweds broke up, and I was sat at my computer like :shock:
  • smithfamily89smithfamily89 Posts: 75 Member
    edited January 2014
    cemole4235 wrote:
    I haven't had any newlyweds in Sims 3 yet, since I've only just started playing earnestly, but I will say that in Sims 2 I once married a couple, moved them into the house, and then got called away on an errand and accidentally left my game running. Ten minutes later I come back to find him making eyes at a neighbor that had come visiting, she slapped him, the newlyweds broke up, and I was sat at my computer like :shock:

Thats so funny! I would probably flip if that happend to my newlyweds haha ;D
  • smithfamily89smithfamily89 Posts: 75 Member
    edited January 2014
    If they have enough money, I like taking them to France for a few days. (Get a few extra days off work that way. :D ) If they just don't have the money to go there I go out on the town with them, eat at the Bistro, watch a movie, hit the boardwalk... Whatever I find available for them to do.

I don't have the EP that lets you travel :( And I don't have anything but the base game where I'm using my brother in laws computer. Needless to say, I'm being very creative haha :D
  • OnendOnliYazzieOnendOnliYazzie Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited January 2014
    Something you can do with them since they have a couple days off from their jobs now that they are married is get them a picnic basket and then send them to the beach or the park for the day and have a nice lovely picnic, maybe get them a baseball so they can play catch you know just have them have quality time.
    I love to share my sims stories and hear about others. Got a story you want to share come talk to me!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited January 2014
    Have theme check in to a resort.

Send them to an amusement park and let them ride a rollercoaster together.

Send them on a date to a festurent with the menus if you have the bisto com the store.

Have them swim in the ocean and skiinney dip nude together in a hottub.

Have them watch the stars together on a beach or in the fixer upper car.

Have them makeout and woohoo in the fixerupper car while parked at an overlook.

To add to this have them take a hot air balloon ride together and toast champagne in the balloon.

Have them go to the massage parlor from the store and have one give the other a romantic massage.

Have them woohoo in the sauna.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited January 2014
    Most of the time, my newlyweds woohoo a lot that first day. In Hidden Springs, I send them to the Redwood Heights Luxury Lodge for a honeymoon. There, they can play chess, cuddle in front of the fireplace, or go to the overlook, in between woohooing. In other towns, they stay at home and do things like play chess, dominoes, or sim gnubb, skinny dip in the hot tub, or dive in the pool, in between their woohoos. If they don't have those options at home, they might spend the day out on the town, at the pool, the art museum, in the park. In Bridgeport, they might even get a little naughty, and woohoo in an elevator. Whether they stay at home or go out, they usually eat out that first day too.
  • lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited January 2014
    I don't let my sims leave the house very often. Maybe I need to change that...
    er0s4g.jpg
  • crazybadazycrazybadazy Posts: 1,144 New Member
    edited January 2014
    I like making my newlyweds travel although it's more for my entertainment than their relaxation. I made my favorite couple explore the pyramids for three sim days. They really weren't having that much fun because they kept getting burned and hurt by all of the traps. Nothing like stress and pain to bring two simmies closer together! :lol:
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited January 2014
    OP if you have seasons we now get anniverseries too. A popup popsup to let you know it it's a 1,2,3 etc anniversery and tells you the sims should do something special together.

We also get work anniverseries with seasons but this mainly deals with the wedding anniverseries.

Anyway I updated one of the resorts that came with island paradise and added the following.

Lips Sofas (Dr Pepper) in the lobbies and possibly suites

Vibrating Heart Shaped Beds(High End Loft)to the Suites

Paintings from the store valentines day set to the walls of the places that have the buffets.

Changed the wall color in the lobby to red and added some lips sofas.

Sorry the exchange wouldn't let me upload it but I send my sims to that resort for some woohooing. The resort has a hottub on the lot as well.

I haven't played this resort in a while and I think I might have also added some heart shaped fireplaces from the store.
  • AbbyMcTabbyAbbyMcTabby Posts: 794 Member
    edited January 2014
    I like to send them on Honeymoon to one of the World Adventures locations.