Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JessaBeans' Sims 3

Comments

• JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hey @romagi1, I hope you've been well. I've been wanting to stop by your thread and say hi, I caught up on recs for you but I downloaded your Torrean Manor house and wanted to wait until I had a chance to play with it this weekend to comment. The mod really expands the canning station, there is a similar one that lets you make nectar from anything so you can make your own olive oils. I with the two mods made a little alchemist that sold herbal oils and candles for dragon valley.
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Hi! I've got the first mod but haven't tried it yet. I'll have to take a look at this other one too! Thanks!

Hope you like Torreon Manor!

I saw the BnS challenge and thought it would be sooo much fun! I did up some sims but then I wanted some of them to be into something different or a different name. So I ended up with 8 hippies instead of 6! LOL So I probably won't enter it. I had started a build and had mine wanting theirs built with bamboo but when I ended up with 8 sims the build wasn't big enough so quit on that too! Love playing with the game genetics so a Free Love Habitat sounded perfect. >:)

Love that you had yours all built out of reclaimed wood and the chickens!!! I never even thought about the chickens!! :p
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Love the way you placed the butterfly cases against the big greenhouse windows and your use of those lighted columns!!! Very nice hippie commune! Love it!
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

Morningstar Farms is a delightful build. Love all the little touches throughout and the landscaping - even a heat lamp for the chickens... how realistic, love it. Brought back childhood memories. Perfect home for hippies and any sims loving the environment. Well done! Rec'd :smiley:
    romagi1 wrote: »
    Hi! I've got the first mod but haven't tried it yet. I'll have to take a look at this other one too! Thanks!

I saw the BnS challenge and thought it would be sooo much fun! I did up some sims but then I wanted some of them to be into something different or a different name. So I ended up with 8 hippies instead of 6! LOL So I probably won't enter it. I had started a build and had mine wanting theirs built with bamboo but when I ended up with 8 sims the build wasn't big enough so quit on that too! Love playing with the game genetics so a Free Love Habitat sounded perfect. >:)

Love that you had yours all built out of reclaimed wood and the chickens!!! I never even thought about the chickens!! :p

Probably not great etiquette to comment on someone else's comment in your thread, but I'd really love to see your hippies and build @romagi1!

edited March 2018
    tumblr_p5qzu3EwQ81x95scjo1_500.jpg

So last Sunday was my birthday, I've wanted to make a special build for years but it never worked out. I finally got around to it, so I'm going to upload it (suitably) as an Un-birthday present instead.

tumblr_p5r9fmN8TM1x95scjo1_1280.jpg

Tassology http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9201017

This lot is set as a java-hut, it's on a 20x30 lot. It was built for 16 Meadow beach drive, Hidden Springs (the trees go along with and the gate leads out to the fairy park next door.) I'm sure with some adjustments it could find a home somewhere else.

Notes about items used:
    It has the teabar from University life which hires one barista, I used a few items from Monte Vista so the pizza oven is in the kitchen, the business as usual oven, and have the bakery oven and some bakery cases in there as well. It should function just fine without any of those store items as there is a buffet table outside I just wanted to have options available, chances are you have some combination that will allow the lot usable for you. The lot has a bit of store content to get it close to what I had envisioned for it but should work just fine without any of it, it would just take a little redecorating. It should be playable without university life by switching the lot type to hangout or park, the teabar will get replaced with a base game nectarbar. Some expansions and stuff packs were only used to have more chair variety for the outdoor tea party area or for a decorative item, the lot really only needs supernatural (all the windows and a lot of the decor come from that pack but I'm assuming if you are a fantasy fan you've picked that one up.) I as far as world items, used items from Monte Vista and Dragon Valley, and one sign from Hidden Springs. I also used items from the Bakery and Grandpa's Grove venues. They are only decorative, but if you have items autoreplaced its because they won't show under the items used tab in the studio. The 'hanging heart's are from this free set in the store.

The downstairs tearoom was inspired by Madam Puddifoot's teashop from Harry Potter.
    tumblr_p5qzu3EwQ81x95scjo7_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p5qzu3EwQ81x95scjo3_r2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p5qzu3EwQ81x95scjo6_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p5qzu3EwQ81x95scjo8_r1_1280.jpg
    view to kitchen
    tumblr_p5qzu3EwQ81x95scjo2_r1_1280.jpg
    Bakery Dinning Room
    tumblr_p5r9v10N8u1x95scjo5_r2_1280.jpg

The upstairs room "fireside lounge" was inspired by the shire in Lord of the Rings.
    It was hard for find a mathom for the fireplace, that's what the shield is meant to be.
    tumblr_p5r9v10N8u1x95scjo4_r1_1280.jpg

View of Lounge from Playroom
    tumblr_p5qzu3EwQ81x95scjo10_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p5qzu3EwQ81x95scjo5_r1_1280.jpg
    a little desk area in case any writers sims feel inspired
    tumblr_p5r9v10N8u1x95scjo3_r1_1280.jpg

Upstairs Playroom
    view from Fireside Lounge
    tumblr_p5r9v10N8u1x95scjo1_1280.jpg
    restrooms are beyond the arch by the clocks
    tumblr_p5r9v10N8u1x95scjo2_1280.jpg

The outdoor party space was inspired by Alice in Wonderland,
    and Lord of the Rings
    tumblr_p5r9fmN8TM1x95scjo2_1280.jpg
    (The party tree, your sims may not be celebrating their 111st birthday but there is no reason it can't be a special event.)
    tumblr_p5r9fmN8TM1x95scjo3_1280.jpg

Note about the party tree area- If the pizza oven outside looks strange to you, I put it there to replicate Lord of the Rings Online's version of the party tree that has ovens set up near the haunted burrow. You can delete it, there is one in the kitchen already. (Ref) 400px-The_Party_Tree_Ovens.jpg

PS. apologies if the colors look a little off in the pictures, I forgot to remove my Hidden Springs terrain replacement and lighting mods, I had them in for playing last night.

Thanks for Stopping By, Happy Simming!
    Post edited by Jessabeans on
    edited March 2018
    ciane wrote: »

Probably not great etiquette to comment on someone else's comment in your thread, but I'd really love to see your hippies and build @romagi1!

My phone ate my comment where I was saying I wanted to see it too. So thanks for saying it!
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Morningstar Farms is a delightful build. Love all the little touches throughout and the landscaping - even a heat lamp for the chickens... how realistic, love it. Brought back childhood memories. Perfect home for hippies and any sims loving the environment. Well done! Rec'd :smiley:

Thank you @soocoolsim I love that it bought back memories, did you grow up on a farm?

Nope, however my father used to raise chickens. They were so cute and cuddly when small but loved peck. We had 1 rooster that totally ruled the yard. I became quite fond of one of the laying hens so she became my 'pet'. That was a long, long time ago lol. What about you? Did you have chickens as well?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Tassology is such a very,very pretty Fairytale build! :) It looks so very special! Very nice design of the exterior of the building! The greenery is a nice touch on the exterior walls. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the venue! The pink and green colour scheme of the interior and the very pretty wall pattern looks so very nice! Each area of the venue is very nice! Very nice tearoom section. It looks very nice how the tables and chairs have been set up there for sims to enjoy eating and drinking at the tables. The upstairs fireplace lounge area and the playroom area are so very nice. Very outdoors mad hatter teaparty inspired party area!
    It is such a very prettily detailed build!
    Happy birthday for last Sunday! :)
    edited March 2018
    Thank you Rosemow, I appreciate it and the belated birthday wish.

@soocoolsim My grandparents had chickens briefly when I was a very young, but they were pets. We each had one that we named so I guess there only 6 or so total, the same with rabbits later. I can only assumed what became of them, one weekend I visited and the entire fence/coop had been removed, I guess to spare mine and my sister's feelings.

I had the little chicken coop in the game and saw the little chickens in the snow and felt bad for them. I've put a heat source for them or moved them and the cows inside the barn since. I don't use CC when I build, but in my play folder I have some CC horse blankets for when my sims ride them in winter.

Unrelated - Does anyone know where I can find a tomb building tutorial? I had one bookmarked ages ago but I can't find it anymore.
    edited March 2018
    Current WIP -uploaded 22 march
    This build began as a small inn with rooms, but it looks like it will be a house instead.
    2-3 bedroom hobbit-hole, I haven't settled on the roof or walls/flooring yet.

tumblr_p5xc5jTYMy1x95scjo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p5xc5jTYMy1x95scjo2_1280.jpg
    I got a little more done this morning before Lily woke, I have the furnishings and garden in but still a lot of CaS of cluttering to do.
    tumblr_p5xc5jTYMy1x95scjo4_r1_1280.jpg

It became a 2 bedroom, 2 bath one is a room for two children. I'm sure if anyone used it they could convert the living room into another bedroom if needed. There is still a lot more space in the bedrooms than I would like, but I'm not sure halving them would be big enough, I may bring the walls in tighter.
    tumblr_p5xc5jTYMy1x95scjo5_r1_1280.jpg
    I want to make the entry area smaller too.

tumblr_p5xc5jTYMy1x95scjo6_r1_1280.jpg
    Moving the bathrooms, I was able to create a second hallway out of the entry, it looks more hobbity inside now but then I was still left with more useless space, so I'm thinking of a family study area with a little homework area for kids and a desk for parents. There's already a desk in the fireside lounge though.
    tumblr_p5xc5jTYMy1x95scjo7_r1_1280.jpg
    maybe I should put some skill objects in there instead, chess table perhaps.

I tried making the master smaller, by sectioning off a little nursery nook but it just wouldn't work with doors. So I filled in the room a little, put a tea table by the front window to look out over the garden, added a vanity area. It still feels a little bare, perhaps it will look better once more clutter is in.

I will either try to finish the hobbit-hole over the next few nights or go back to the tavern idea.
    I was checking the view from the kitchen window to see if you could actually see the garden. The scarecrow freaks me out, I prefer the one from Riverview but I don't have it installed at the moment.
    tumblr_p5ywpqVwJq1x95scjo2_1280.jpg

What are you up to in your game?

Edit: I was able to upload this one today, I'm not entirely happy with it but I was afraid if I didn't upload it soon I would end up scrapping the idea. I'll be trying to build a tavern over the weekend, not sure if I will post WIP pictures of that one or not but I'll be around checking on everyone either way. I may be leaving my computer turned off this evening so it could be a bit before I start a new build.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    The exterior design and the layout of your current WIP looks so very creatively nice! :) The greenery on the exterior walls is a nice touch and the flowers in the front areas look very pretty! The wooden texture of the dining table and chairs looks very nice. Very nice wall patterning! The key hole doors looks great!
    edited March 2018
    Thank you for the encouragement Rosemow. Thanks for the link @soocoolsim. I started one the other night but I can't figure out how the computer thing works.
    Loved your unbirthday gift and the WIP as well. You do such nice work!
    edited March 2018
    ciane wrote: »
    Loved your unbirthday gift and the WIP as well. You do such nice work!

Thanks @ciane, the unbirthday upstairs room inspired the inn (which became the house.) I still hope build the inn, I think it would be nice to have a little inn to stay at in Dragon Valley. It's been fun building a hobbit like house. I haven't been able to get a smial/sub-terrain build to look right on the outside and still be usable inside but a hobbit inspired cottage captures the feeling. I haven't tried it in a while but I couldn't before at least. I was mostly posting wip as a way to say hi between uploads. The builder's forums has been so quiet, I wonder what everyone has been up to. I suppose I could read back further. Hopefully I'll have a tiny build soon for your thread.

Ooo how did I miss Tassology. So very cute. Rec'd.... and Happy Belated Birthday to you :D
    I saw Tassology on the Exchange and just <3 it!

I think I deleted the build but my Hippies were in my bin! :mrgreen:
    72wg07c.jpg
    edited March 2018
    Thank you @soocoolsim and thanks @romagi1, that is a wonderful looking group of hippies. I would have liked to see your build but I totally understand. When a build isn't working I scrap it and forget it.
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    So good to see more builds from you @Jessabeans!

Qingsong is a really nice vacation home, beautiful inside and love the exterior with all the lush landscaping.

Great improvements you made to the Hot Springs lot, especially the pool area.

And oh my gosh, what a cool hippie commune build in Morningstar Farms. Looks very authentic inside and on the grounds. I saw that challenge and thought it looked like it would be really fun to do.

I love Tassology! That tearoom is absolutely adorable the way you have it decorated. And love how you recolored the wallpaper in the playroom, it turned out so cute. And that's really neat that you got inpirations from the 3 different books/movies.

Your hobbit-like cottage is turning out so cute. Wonderful work done on all of these! Off to rec now.

And happy belated birthday, hope it was a good one!
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    I saw Tassology on the Exchange and just <3 it!

I think I deleted the build but my Hippies were in my bin! :mrgreen:
    72wg07c.jpg

Wow Rox, those are a great group of hippies! Brings back memories, haha!
    Sandraelle wrote: »

Wow Rox, those are a great group of hippies! Brings back memories, haha!

LOL, Sandy! Is it bad I didn't have to google hippies! I just had to think back to HS! :mrgreen:

@Jessabeans and @ciane, did you two get your hippies finished?

Thank you very much for the feedback and the birthday wishes @Sandraelle, my little one and I were sick on my birthday so I spent the day reading her stories and building in the sims. Despite the cold it was a really pleasant day.

I was just catching up on your thread last night, I just adore your Moroccan-style home the tilework is amazing.
    @romagi1 I did google hippies, shoes and shirts seemed optional. Safe filter on next time. I am not sure I am going to make them since it's optional, I'm crap at making sims. I suppose I could at least try. I hope @Ciane is making some though, she is really good with backstories.