Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JessaBeans' Sims 3

Comments

• JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited February 2014
    yanti68 wrote:
    What a great urban home! :D I love the decor inside! Great job with the decorating! It does look a creative house for artists! The open plan and that loft area works really well! Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you, I really appreciate your comments. It's so sweet of you to drop in.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    edited February 2014
    Explorer's Hunt looks great! :) Great exterior of the house! The roof looks great! The types of windows that you have used and how you have placed them looks great. It looks great how you have placed the trees and the plants around the base of the trees at the front of the hut, and the shrubs/plants at the back of the house look great. Nice furnishing of the interior. Nice textures and shades of brown colour you have used. The white candles and lights on the bedside tables look nice. The type of window that you have placed behind the bed looks great theree. The pattern that you have used for the flooring looks nice and suits the type of home. It looks great how you have set up the living area with the angled seats and the bookcase in the middle of them. Sims will enjoy sitting there watching tv and reading a book. The plants either side of the bookcase are nice touches of the outdoors brought inside. Great pattern that you have used for the dining table top.
    It is a great studio home! :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited February 2014
    Oh this is so adorable and so exotic! :D Love the decor inside and that thatched roof! Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup:
    edited August 2017
    I am trying to save space by combining some of the community lots, so this is a horse ranch/stadium rabbithole lot.

Eventing Center

WIP - Horse Ranch with 6 stables, screenshots were taken in Riverview but the lot was uneven and it does not place very well in other worlds so I am redoing it, I hope to make it fit on a smaller lot. I haven't decided what to put on the sides of the stadium maybe a gate/entrance?

I took in game photos of dressage marker patterns so I could keep it CC free, but whenever I save the photos go back to my sim's inventory. I am holding off until I can figure out to keep them on the lot. Any suggestions on how to keep sim photos on community lots would be wonderful.

Screenshot-44.jpg
    Screenshot-45.jpg
    Screenshot-46.jpg

Post edited by Jessabeans on
    edited February 2014
    Thank you very much Rosemow and yanti68.
  • SeriphinaFyieSeriphinaFyie Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited February 2014
    Jessabeans wrote:

I took in game photos of dressage marker patterns so I could keep it CC free, but whenever I save the photos go back to my sim's inventory. I am holding off until I can figure out to keep them on the lot. Any suggestions on how to keep sim photos on community lots would be wonderful.

Is the lot residential or community when you place it?

Make the lot residential. Move the Sim onto the lot. Take the pictures from the camera (not from inventory, direct from the camera) and place them on the walls. Back in edit town, kick out the sim, make the lot community, and continue building as usual.
    edited February 2014
    Great idea to combine rabbit holes! :D It looks great! About sim photos I would go with what SeriphinaFyie suggested. Good luck! :D
  • smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited February 2014
    :shock:
    I need to come back here and spend some more quality time...
    I'll be back later to rec everything I can find. :mrgreen:
    edited July 2017
    Molly Sweetheart's

Bakery themed Java Hut on a 10x15 lot.

Screenshot-12.jpg
    Screenshot-13.jpg
    Screenshot-15.jpg
    Screenshot-16.jpg
    edited February 2014
    Jessabeans wrote:

Is the lot residential or community when you place it?

Make the lot residential. Move the Sim onto the lot. Take the pictures from the camera (not from inventory, direct from the camera) and place them on the walls. Back in edit town, kick out the sim, make the lot community, and continue building as usual.

It was a community lot, I will try that out. Thank you!

Thanks Yanti :)

Hi Smash, thank you for stopping by. :)
  • smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited February 2014
    I look forward to more wonderful works from you! I love Moll Sweetheart's Java Hut! it's so cute!
    we have many many little drive through coffee huts in these parts. apparently we are a very caffeinated people.
    edited February 2014
    Molly's Sweetheart is a very nice place for sims to visit for a drink and something to eat :) it looks great how you have used the sweet treats items and the ice cream stage props in the build. The hanging hearts from the new set looks great and is a pretty sight for sims to see when sitting at the tablecloth eating and drinking. The ice cream prop sign on the outside of the building is sweet for sims to see when coming to the shop. Pretty shade of colour that you have used for the interior walls. The types of dining and sitting seats that you have used look great. The teapot clock on the wall, and the tea set and cake stand on the counter are nice touches.
    It is a sweet nice place to visit ! :)
  • christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hi Jess! :) Oh wow I have missed out on three more awesome builds they look amazing! :D Love the cafe that would fit so well into my world. :D How much store content does it have?
    FEvr1sR.gif
    edited February 2014
    Thank you Smash, we only two drive through coffee shops and neither is near me. I doubt most places could hold a candle to your city's coffee obsession. :lol:

Thank you Rosemow :)

Christine, most of the bakery items are store items sadly, and the table and chairs. If you want to use it I could redo it without store items. It wouldn't take very long to switch it out.

• HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited February 2014
    Omg Molly Sweethearts is so cute!
  • christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited February 2014
    Aww I don't want to put you out, I was imaging it near the arboretum and thought wow it would fit so snugly in that area. :D
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • SeriphinaFyieSeriphinaFyie Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited February 2014
    Love, Love, Love the little Bakery! And it's my favorite size <3
    edited February 2014
    Awwwww! :D This is simply so adorable! Love the sweet architecture and the pretty interiors. It reminds me of a doll's house. :D The interiors are nicely decorated and I see that you have used a lot of the Katy Perry sweet stuff items. Perfect for the theme! Recommended and added to my favourites. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited February 2014
    How do I always miss your uploads??

Your hut is gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous :-) It's so fun when experiments accidentally turn into a finished product 8) I love how tucked away it is, and the interiors look so much like those from fancy Indonesian hotels, but more homely. What's that in the third picture - a counter behind some pillars or something? - looks very very cute.

Your coffee place is completely adorable. I want to eat it up :-) I love how you created the shop sign.

WIP is looking AMAZING!! May have to pinch this one when it's done (reckon it will work for BB?) How did you do the lovely building? Is it a rabbit hole?

As Seriphina says, you'll have to turn the lot to residential and make it your sims's primary home. Then trash them and turn it back to commercial.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
    edited March 2018
    This lot was inspired by Sandra Foster’s absolutely adorable and ultra feminine cottage in the Catskills. I hope I did it justice.

This version is store free except for the teaset, but I think I made do second version with a bit more store content as I would love to use the wedding tables/chairs to make it over the top girly like her version. (Edit - That version is now added below)

Foster's Cottage Loft (sleeps 1-2) with a small garden on a 10x15 lot.

img]ade880b3-2f9b-42ae-a46e-e05f63f5d7f4.jpg
    Screenshot-25.jpg
    Screenshot-28.jpg
    Screenshot-30.jpg
    Screenshot-23.jpg
    Screenshot-24.jpg

:oops: I placed the teaset the counter after play testing, doing so made the kitchen unusable. When fixing it I went overboard and redid most of the interior this is the new version.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8027217

Pictures below this point are of the Updated version.

This version has been reworked, it has a much larger kitchen and a greenhouse (used as an art studio.)

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/Lissten/Foster Cottage/6a11c338-dfdf-409d-b7c1-371844a92fcc.jpg&quot;width=600&quot; "height=450"[/img]
    Screenshot-45.jpg
    Screenshot-44.jpg
    Screenshot-37.jpg
    Screenshot-40.jpg
    Screenshot-46.jpg
    edited February 2014
    Thank you Hollow :)

It's no trouble Christine, I should have it up this weekend.

I'm so happy you like it Seriphina, it was meant to be a tiny teashop for you but it got out of hand and became a bakery. I am going to come up with something else for you instead.

Wow thank you very much yanti68. Yeah I don't have much use for those items except for an ice cream shop. It was nice to be able to use them. I think the giant cupcakes from Showtime are adorable, but they really don't fit the style of most places.

Hi Greencats, yeah I'm still shy about bumping my thread so I let it slip pretty far back. I'm happy you were able to stop by again. In the picture it's a bit of an optical illusion, the windows from WA have a slight ledge to them with the pillars it looks like a cabinet. I normally drop down shelves so I have have decor in windows like that but I can't share that version because the stuff drops to the ground when it's exported. It's a nice thing to do for your personal copies though. The stadium is a rabbithole from Aurora Skies, it looked similar to some of the Eventing Arena Stands. (http://www.an-eventful-life.com.au/sites/default/files/editorial/2013/UKEventsGeneral/Hickstead-Arena.jpg) I built the stables in the back to match and used MOO to get it lined up with them.

I will get the dressage markers sorted (Thank you both) and have it uploaded soon.
  • samj6samj6 Posts: 750 Member
    edited February 2014
    I love the way you've decorated the interior of Foster's Cottage, it looks amazing, rec'd :D
    edited February 2014
    Thank you samj6, I appreciate it. :)
    edited February 2014
    Foster's Cottage is very nice. :) you have captured in sim form your inspiration home very well ! Great exterior of it! The front porch is nice. It looks pretty how you have done the flowers on the front corners of the cottage and on the side of the home. Very nice furnishing of the interior.! Nice colour shades you have used. Very nice loft bed area! The side table with the tease to. It looks nice. It looks great how you have done the bookcases and the flowers either side. Nice sitting area for r sims to relax on the sofa and watch tv. The pictures on the wall there either side of the windows look very nice . The pink roses in the ***** in the home look nice and suit the home well. It is a very pretty and lovely home!
    edited February 2014
    Jessa, what a cute cottage! :D It is something out of a fairytale! So magical! Love the architecture and the way you have decorated inside. Looks perfect! Recommended. Good luck with the contest. :thumbup: :thumbup: