Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I just want to see the UI

I really want to see what the user interface will look like. For example, what will the Sims 4 wants and fears/wishes section look like? Will the moodlet section look the same? What tabs will we have compared to Sims 3 in terms of inventory, needs, relationships, etc.
Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

Comments

• pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited January 2014
    The preliminar version:

Sims_4_-_Modo_Vivir.png
  • kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited January 2014
    pguida where did you get that image from? I haven't seen it before and I wasn't aware that sims had shown the UI yet :D
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2014
    I would assume the UI won't be the final UI until they go into the stage that determines no more features will be added to the base game. Then they can finalize the UI. At some point they have to enter that stage and who knows how far past the pre alpha stage of the game they are by now and if they have even reached alpha to say, hey, that's all the features for the game now, let's finish up the UI since no more features would be added that might have to be in the UI at some point.

We certainly don't know.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • fabregas22fabregas22 Posts: 369 Member
    edited January 2014
    pguida wrote:
    The preliminar version:

Sims_4_-_Modo_Vivir.png

if the sims really is in pre alpha (which I doubt) then that should placeholder, something workable and then when it's closer to release it'll get cleaned up.

I hope it's fake though since that's uglier than a fat man.
  • SundaymoonSundaymoon Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited January 2014
    pguida wrote:
    The preliminar version:

Sims_4_-_Modo_Vivir.png

I seriously hate how the needs look. I really hope they make them bars again. The UI makes it look like a fb/mobile game..
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,405 Member
    edited January 2014
    I like it. It doesn't seem to take up so much space like s3. The action queue(not sure if thats how spelt) is at the bottom left, only thing I can't find is the inventory. I've seen this image a few months ago but this one is clearer. The background looks nice and the home looks cool. The sim looks great as well.
  • Megadustrial_SimMegadustrial_Sim Posts: 180 Member
    edited January 2014
    I think the UI takes up too much space and it leaves the screen looking and feeling a little cramped. I don't like having the bar at the top at all. It does kind of bug me that the needs doesn't have bars anymore but maybe when they're finished with the rest they will make it so you can highlight the needs and it will expand.
    Check out my awesome house Zephyr's Edge -TODAY!

• Megadustrial_SimMegadustrial_Sim Posts: 180 Member
    edited January 2014
    Oh and I forgot after I got done looking at the UI I couldn't help but notice the world in the background looks very German. That's just my personal opinion.
    Check out my awesome house Zephyr's Edge -TODAY!

edited January 2014
    Oh and I forgot after I got done looking at the UI I couldn't help but notice the world in the background looks very German. That's just my personal opinion.

It really does! Germany is a beautiful place, so I'm not disappointed. I feel like we will have more than one neighborhood in the base game, as the town in other pictures was very New Orleans style, which I also think is beautiful :)
  • fabregas22fabregas22 Posts: 369 Member
    edited January 2014
    I like it. It doesn't seem to take up so much space like s3. The action queue(not sure if thats how spelt) is at the bottom left, only thing I can't find is the inventory. I've seen this image a few months ago but this one is clearer. The background looks nice and the home looks cool. The sim looks great as well.

It takes up more space than the sims 3 and it's a lot more cluttered with pointless things that could be in drop down menus or just be smaller such as the presumed social stuff in the top right and the zoom slider.

Tbh I just hate the look of it all, ui, sims and house. I thought the sims looked great in the gameplay trailer but if this picture is really ugh *vomits*

It looks very much like a p2w/f2p poc imo.

Hopefully by the time we get a proper look at the ui It's nothing like this and the picture turns out to be a fake.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,405 Member
    edited January 2014
    fabregas22 wrote:

It takes up more space than the sims 3 and it's a lot more cluttered with pointless things that could be in drop down menus or just be smaller such as the presumed social stuff in the top right and the zoom slider.

Tbh I just hate the look of it all, ui, sims and house. I thought the sims looked great in the gameplay trailer but if this picture is really ugh *vomits*

It looks very much like a p2w/f2p poc imo.

Hopefully by the time we get a proper look at the ui It's nothing like this and the picture turns out to be a fake.
    It looks like a pay to win? I understand f2p but not a pay to win. Its in the eye of the beholder, I really like how they look. I doub its fake as well since it the home has so many objects from the screenshota of the homes we've seen. They emotion is there and he's even wearing a sweater that a render was wearing.
  • AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    edited January 2014

I think (in this version at least) that the open present in the top left is the inventory. Inbetween the screenshots and butterfly (collections?) icons.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited January 2014
    It looks a bit busy for my tastes, but I think I could get used to it. It would depend also on what size monitor and what screen resolution you use too.

I have a 24" monitor on my desktop, so the Sims interfaces look better than on my laptop.
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited January 2014
    It does sound like not-final.This sounds like how it was when they were going for the online version, i belive they will change it a bit till the realease,if they did not yet that is.
    jr73Y.gif

• Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited January 2014
    The word FINE is written vertically in the lower left. Any idea what that could mean?
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Molie86Molie86 Posts: 651 Member
    edited January 2014
    You guys realise this isn't even an officially released picture and that the latest UI looks completely different.

Curtis Paradis tweeted the most current one being used at Gamescom.

BSMJ6DQIcAABi1L.jpg:large
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited January 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    The word FINE is written vertically in the lower left. Any idea what that could mean?

That is a neutral emotion, it shows up in the "Gameplay" trailer.
    jr73Y.gif

• Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited January 2014
    Cinebar is correct; the GUI is one of the last things to be fully completed, and it changes constantly. The final version will likely be considerably different. But, if that's what they have now, I'm happy with it as a start from the stage it's at there, knowing it will change.

Also, to hopefully clear a few things up...
    kovu0207 wrote:
    pguida where did you get that image from? I haven't seen it before and I wasn't aware that sims had shown the UI yet :D
    It was one of the first images we ever saw; it was leaked a few days before GamesCom.
    I seriously hate how the needs look. I really hope they make them bars again. The UI makes it look like a fb/mobile game..
    It was confirmed at GamesCom that hovering the cursor over the icons brings up need bars.
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    That's the Sim's emotional state.
    edited January 2014
    Phew! Thanks callum :-)
  • Molie86Molie86 Posts: 651 Member
    edited January 2014
    I hope the UI stays as streamlined as it was at gamescom, I'd prefer it if it didn't take up as much room.
  • WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited January 2014
    Molie86 wrote:
    You guys realise this isn't even an officially released picture and that the latest UI looks completely different.

Curtis Paradis tweeted the most current one being used at Gamescom.

I like how streamline it is, but there's so much missing from it. I wonder if it'll stay that way and they'll expect us to use the keyboard keys to do things like raise the walls, go up and down floors, etc. Even though they have those keyboard shortcuts in Sims 2 and 3, I still prefer to just click it on the UI...
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    edited January 2014
    I like the way it looks (or looked, I should say). It's a nice departure from 3. From that leaked image it looks more simple and easy to navigate. Plus I like the new color for it. I don't want 4 to be very similar to 3, so I like that it is quite different. Can't wait to see the final version.
  • simmadness24simmadness24 Posts: 828 Member
    edited January 2014
    If this isn't the final UI, I won't be surprised if the end result looks similar. TS3 UI didn't end up changing much either.
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited January 2014
    v12creator wrote:
    It does sound like not-final.

Yes, it does. Hence why I called it preliminar and not final.

The ideia was to show whatever we've got right now on what they might look like.