Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 site will be down for mainenance this afternoon. Hmmm.. superpatch time?

I wonder if the superpatch will be available after the site maintenance.

Comments

• HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited January 2014
    Dunno, all I know in the online and computer world Tuesdays (usually the 1st or 2nd Tuesday of the month) is a maintenance day. I am not sure if it is just site or game or both maintenance, I just hope we eventually get that super patch.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited January 2014
    I hope so and I hope it has some new game features.
  • LindsaySue2LindsaySue2 Posts: 121 Member
    edited January 2014
    Since getting a new PC my game has been super glitchy. I had extensive troubleshooting with EA and I had to uninstall and reinstall 2x with no results. So personally if this is a superpatch I'm all for it.
  • butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited January 2014
    I really hope they fix the in game features that are missing for many of us.
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited January 2014
    Well they released a patch:

http://www.thesims3.com/community/news.html?selMonth=0&selYear=2014#-508283802

But clearly not the superpatch, looks like just fixes some Into the Future Problems and the Tree of Prosperity and the baby items.

edited January 2014
    I was hoping it would fix some IP,Seasons and Uni life bugs but I suppose I'll have to download it to fix the store items.
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited January 2014
    Why do they seem to patch problems I have never had or heard of?
    edited January 2014
    What was the problem with the baby walker and playpen? Was it massave lag?
    edited January 2014
    Maintance hasn't started yet. It starts at 4pm pacific 7pm eastern. That's tonight for us on the East Coast. Glad to see this though as the site has been having so many glitches.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited January 2014
    What was the problem with the baby walker and playpen? Was it massave lag?

Someone posted here that the toddler would build his/her three hidden skill points for charisma/logic, then if they continued to play in it, they would start over.
    I don't remember what the issue was with the walker.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited January 2014
    Since I rarely do babies and toddlers, I heard about the playpen and walker problems, but didn't experience them.

I also haven't played much into the future so I haven't had those problems either.

Most of the *fixes* that this patch fixes I haven't heard of either.
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited January 2014
    Well i get script error so, not able to patch even.
  • darkwidow11darkwidow11 Posts: 601 Member
    edited January 2014
    When are they gonna fix the freaking fountains?! :evil: Come on guys I hate not having to place them or using them as "decorations". :cry:
  • stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited January 2014
    Well they released a patch:

http://www.thesims3.com/community/news.html?selMonth=0&selYear=2014#-508283802

But clearly not the superpatch, looks like just fixes some Into the Future Problems and the Tree of Prosperity and the baby items.

wow that is awesome, yay! :P Except er, how does this affect Twallan's mods? Because apparently his Overwatch (if I remember the name of the right mod correctly) also fixes the Tree.

It is sweet that they include fun stuff in the patches though, they gave me the ladder with a prior patch despite my not having IP installed yet. And some really fabulous floors. And I've noticed that the sims appear to have more expressions, etc. So I actually hate to have to go without a patch indefinitely.

IF there was even a hope of a chance of dragging Twallan out of retirement, it would be a whole lot easier if EA would just restrict themselves to ONE superpatch. otoh, that's still more work for Twallan... wah... How about if they just GIVE HIM A LIST OF THE CHANGES??? :D

Come on EA, help me out here...

• lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited January 2014
    Rats if it fixes the playpen and walker, it's a pain that they broke. But I will never patch again unless another superhero takes over modding from Twallan, to the same high standards.
    edited January 2014
    Rats if it fixes the playpen and walker, it's a pain that they broke. But I will never patch again unless another superhero takes over modding from Twallan, to the same high standards.

Twallen fixed the baby items already before this store patch did so you shouldn't have any problems unless you don't have the mod. I think it was Master Controller that fixed that but he has so many.
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited January 2014
    Nona has a fix for the playpen/walker (babies would reset if trying to play past their skill points in the playpen, and would get stuck in the walker) The new patch sounds great, but until the mod team who are doing their best to fill Twallan's awfully big shoes and who are doing their darndest to get things up to date at nraas get the mods caught up (at least mastercontroller, overwatch, errortrap, and story progression :mrgreen: ) I don't want to update. I did create a restore point in case I give in and update and it doesn't work out.