Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you be getting a new system for S4?

I kinda have to since my laptop completely broke the other day :cry: I'm hoping it'll operate well under Windows 8 since that what most have installed now. So, will you be getting a new system?

Comments

• v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited January 2014
    They said it would run better on low end computers than thesims3, since my computer is not a low end one then , no,i dont think so.
    jr73Y.gif

• BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,323 Member
    edited January 2014
    v12creator wrote:
    They said it would run better on low end computers than thesims3, since my computer is not a low end one then , no,i dont think so.
    For this reason I was planning on using my laptop but since it broke, it'll cost more to repair it than to buy a new one. Life sucks.
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited January 2014
    heavens no . this thing is built as a gaming computer from the ground up so if TS4 for some reason doesn't run on it then EA is gonna get a whipping from my Cat-O Nine-Tails.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited January 2014
    Yes I'm buying me a new desktop for TS4 however I may see if I can add just the base game to my current pc till I can get some money to buy a new one for ts4. Harddrive Space is a consideration for me on my current one as I know the TS4 eps will probebly cause it to run low pluse I don't intend on uninstalling ts3.

Also I want to buy a pc with a lot more ram at least 16gbs to 32 gbs,6 processors or more and a high end graphics card with 2-6gbs of ram.
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited January 2014
    I won't specifically be getting a new computer for sims 4. I'm going to assume it will run on the computer I have now, as sims 3 runs perfectly fine, as does sims 1, 2, and medieval, aND all EP's for all the above with most of the SP's too, and a boatload of sims 3 store stuff, and cc for the others.

BUT here's my personal real concern : Considering I have All that running great on my Windows 7, will ANY of it run on windows 8?

I'm worried , I really am. Not with the computer specs, because we all know when the time comes, it will be time for a new computer. But will the OS, assuming that's windows 8, run sims 1, sims 2?

If it doesn't run sims 2 I will be heartbroken. Nine out of Ten people say windows 8 won't run their games.
  • PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm pretty sure I won't be getting a new PC, as it has been said that TS4 will be less harsh on your graphics card, processor, etc. than TS3 was. My current PC can run TS3 without lag and TS3 rarely ever crashes.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • simmadness24simmadness24 Posts: 828 Member
    edited January 2014
    Yes. I need one anyway for my business.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited January 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    I won't specifically be getting a new computer for sims 4. I'm going to assume it will run on the computer I have now, as sims 3 runs perfectly fine, as does sims 1, 2, and medieval, aND all EP's for all the above with most of the SP's too, and a boatload of sims 3 store stuff, and cc for the others.

BUT here's my personal real concern : Considering I have All that running great on my Windows 7, will ANY of it run on windows 8?

I'm worried , I really am. Not with the computer specs, because we all know when the time comes, it will be time for a new computer. But will the OS, assuming that's windows 8, run sims 1, sims 2?

If it doesn't run sims 2 I will be heartbroken. Nine out of Ten people say windows 8 won't run their games.

Sims 2 doesn't run on Windows 8. If you do manage to get it working, it will be VERY unstable and glitchy. Sims 1, I generally hear a mix, but the ones who do get it to load experience a lot of lag while playing. Which is why I'm hoping Sims 4 will be great. It's been almost 10 years since TS2's release and it's about time we got a real sequel to it.

TBH, for anyone, I wouldn't buy a new computer before actually getting the game. I would buy the game, test it out, then buy a new machine if needed. TS3 claimed that the game would run on "your grandma's computer" (meaning it would work on low end machines), and look how that turned out.

• fabregas22fabregas22 Posts: 369 Member
    edited January 2014
    I will be building a new pc at some point hopefully this year but it won't be specifically for sims. Want to be able to play all games in 1920x1080 and at a smooth 60fps whilst they're maxed haha.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2014
    No, not likely. Real world expenses have more than tripled in my area for things you can't do without out like water. Land taxes, state income taxes, sales taxes, medical expenses, etc. and etc. The lists gets longer year by year around here. So, no, EA has to know things aren't going that good out here in the 'real world' and the cost of the base game is more than doubled and it is all relative to what an average person is willing to pay for the base game and if they can afford it at the time. And a new machine would be a luxury and not something most people in my area are thinking about. They are more concerned with how do we now pay that tripled water bill or those doubled taxes. And have you seen the cost milk will be in the next few months?

When I say I don't know if I will get TS4 or not, I really don't because the way things are going, a game and a new machine isn't the most important things in the world to some of us and it better be a big improvement over TS3 for me to spend that kind of money on it this time. I'm just sayin'. :lol:
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited January 2014
    No!
    Since I already got a good computer that can play most of todays games on high.
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    edited January 2014
    v12creator wrote:

HI V12
    Remember the slogan that EA used when The Sims 3 was being released? The one that said something about the game playing on "Your Grandmother's Computer" slogan?

How true did that end up being?

My grandkids have a Grandmother who owns an "Alienware" computer! It was completely true for them. But how about my daughter's Grandmother? Not at all.

So, you might want to keep that in mind when thinking about what EA says now and what the facts will be in the future.

As to the original question, I don't think I'll need one, but it is getting older, so I may need to upgrade down the road. But not just for ts4, probably in general, I'll have to just replace since this is from 2010 or 2011. I can't remember when I got it.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
    edited January 2014
    windweaver wrote:
    v12creator wrote:

HI V12
    Remember the slogan that EA used when The Sims 3 was being released? The one that said something about the game playing on "Your Grandmother's Computer" slogan?

How true did that end up being?

My grandkids have a Grandmother who owns an "Alienware" computer! It was completely true for them. But how about my daughter's Grandmother? Not at all.

So, you might want to keep that in mind when thinking about what EA says now and what the facts will be in the future.

As to the original question, I don't think I'll need one, but it is getting older, so I may need to upgrade down the road. But not just for ts4, probably in general, I'll have to just replace since this is from 2010 or 2011. I can't remember when I got it.

TS3 had problems even on Alienwares from what people say,probably due to the faulty platform thing. If Thesims4 is done well it may run well in several computers -including low end ones, since i have a 2G Ram Graphic Card on a 64 bit computer with windows 7 i dont see myself upgrading my PC for TS4, it has a cartoon graphic that imagine will be less costy to the system, i think i will upgrade it, but for Tropico5 not Thesims4.
    jr73Y.gif

• suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    edited January 2014
    I was hoping to. Unfortunately one of our old computers needed replacing last month so I'm hoping it works well with Sims4 if I decide to get it. The same happened with Sims 3. I had to replace my computer before it came out and that did not work out well at all.
  • DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited January 2014
    Most likely not, unless my computer breaks down before.
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited January 2014
    My current desktop runs Sims 3 just fine, so I'm hoping it will run Sums 4 should I choose to get it. I'm still on the fence about it.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    edited January 2014
    I can run Bioshock Infinite at ultra settings no lag at all and about 60FPS (not as good as ive heard from others but no lag looks amazing wont moan same with tomb raider with tressfx on) so i would like to think i wont need a new pc. I wouldnt have thought the sims 4 would need higher specs than the sims 3 really guess it depends on the environment quality i think, as in lighting, shadows and draw distance as they seem to be the things you can tweak i doubt it would be an issue with most pc's
    edited January 2014
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    zorba2357 wrote:

Sims 2 doesn't run on Windows 8. If you do manage to get it working, it will be VERY unstable and glitchy. Sims 1, I generally hear a mix, but the ones who do get it to load experience a lot of lag while playing. Which is why I'm hoping Sims 4 will be great. It's been almost 10 years since TS2's release and it's about time we got a real sequel to it.

TBH, for anyone, I wouldn't buy a new computer before actually getting the game. I would buy the game, test it out, then buy a new machine if needed. TS3 claimed that the game would run on "your grandma's computer" (meaning it would work on low end machines), and look how that turned out.

Back to Windows 8 - Whenever I see a thread, article , or whatever about windows 8 and the sims, or older games in general, I usually read it. And I haven't read many good things at all about windows 8 and Any games that came out before it.

But it's strange, a bit like windows 7, 2 or 3 people will have huge issues, and the next one will claim all games run without a hitch.

I have ALL 3 sims incarnations with all EP's running on a desktop with windows 7 64 bit. I am curious what the windows 8 difference or issue really would be? Wondering if desktop vs. laptop, graphics card, RAM etc feed into the equation WITH windows 8 and games.

I can't say For Sure how long my current computer will last But they don't last forever. So , inevitably my next computer will have windows 8, OR whatever the current OS is at the time. Maybe windows 8 needs lots of patches or updates?

So Far in life I've been lucky enough and always made computer buying a priority. I don't care if I don't have milk but by God I'm having a decent computer! :wink: Hopefully this can continue in the future, I don't know. Finances aren't exactly at an all time stability.

But I swear I won't be spending them at *the Store* this time.

edited January 2014
    People say that Microsoft Alternates between a crap Windows and a Great Windows : XP was good,Vista was crap,7 was good,8 has too many incompatibility problems with programs.

I will stick with my 64 Windows 7 by now.
    jr73Y.gif

edited January 2014
    I've heard a few people say they LOVE windows 8. Not in regards to games, but just in general, surfing the internet, and using it on TABLETS and other smaller platforms. ? Is this what it is geared toward, I wonder.
  • SarahE_IsMeSarahE_IsMe Posts: 517 Member
    edited January 2014
    I definitely will be, but my computer also blew up in September, which is probably a good thing because that's when I started my first real job. :wink:

I've been doing a lot of research and this time I think I'm going all out. I'll be getting my taxes soon and with that (minus a bit to pay off some bills) I'll buy a new one. I'm excited!!!
    "Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons."
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited January 2014
    I bought a new PC when the game was announced.
    edited January 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    I've heard a few people say they LOVE windows 8. Not in regards to games, but just in general, surfing the internet, and using it on TABLETS and other smaller platforms. ? Is this what it is geared toward, I wonder.

I can only tell for personal experience.

Windows 8 is good for :

.People who use the computer to work ,reason - They say it is faster.
    .To use in touch screens,reason - It Interface was obviously designed for that.

Windows 8 is not good for

- gaming.Reason? It is incompatible with several known games.
    - People who like the current start botton in the coner of previous versions.
    jr73Y.gif

• pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited January 2014
    v12creator wrote:
    .People who use the computer to work ,reason - They say it is faster.

I disagree. For a desktop, it's quite cubersome for mouse use. Touch screens are not comfortable for long hours of work and most professionals still prefer the mouse.
    edited January 2014
    It is just what people i know in life tell to me.
    jr73Y.gif