Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blogg or wordpress to write stories? Need advice :)

Can anyone please give me some feedback on what you use and why?

Do you Write on the forum as well, or just link it? I really want to make it look good, but when i try now it just does not look as good as i wish. I really like to Write, and its would be Nice to keep my writing on a blog or something that makes it easy to share again if i wish.

Comments

• iButterfreeiButterfree Posts: 2,043 Member
    edited January 2014
    I have only ever used Blogger, so I can't give you any sort of helpful comparisons unfortunately. I will tell though form my experience that Blogger is easy to use, master, and customize, and it's completely free unlike WordPress, which I've heard you have to pay money for certain things if you want to move beyond the basics. I think for a simple blog though either will work well.

I have also only ever linked to my blog. It seemed too much of a hassle for me to post the story in the forum. Personally, I think it's messy having the posts randomly scatted throughout everyone else's comments. You would also have to worry about resizing and uploading pictures to some place like Photobucket, which would mean you would further have to deal with bandwidth limits.
    mss8gv9
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you! Blogger is the one through Google right? Thats the one I have to. I used to upload pitures onto the forum, but I alway loose interest since its so much work :)
  • antsims310antsims310 Posts: 1,154 New Member
    edited January 2014
    I use Wordpress and it is very easy to use! It's easy to create, customize, etc...and free! I don't post my blog on the forum but I do have it linked in my signature. You can take a look if you want! :D
  • kethrydrakekethrydrake Posts: 2,389 Member
    edited January 2014
    I use wordpress and post a link to my stories on the forums. Wordpress is very easy to use and I can upload pictures directly from my computer. Using a site other than the forum to post my stories means I don't have to limit my content to PG-13.
  • hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    edited January 2014
    Wordpress is the way to go! I've tried both Blogger and Wordpress and personally I found Wordpress more user friendly and nicer to look at. The layout is really clean and simple.

I'm not sure about uploading to forums though. It's a lot of extra effort because you can't really upload your screenshots directly, and personally i'd be more drawn towards reading a story on WP or Blogger because the navigation in much simpler and you don't have to scroll through weeks of old material and comments to find the latest post! Plus the forum has all these rules you need to adhere to like "no swearing" and "No sexy stuff" and all that, so it kind of puts a cap on your creativity a bit and censors you loads!
    Linking your story on a forum is good though! I'd recommend that you do that.

-Hannah
    s54gWQ5.png
  • Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    edited January 2014
    I use Wordpress.
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
  • serindeppityserindeppity Posts: 6,690 Member
    edited January 2014
    I use wordpress, I really dislike using blogger
    HOWEVER
    Since they are both free I suggest checking them both out and see which one you prefer :)
    g8b3.png
    Danevbie Legacy 8.24
  • NamarianNamarian Posts: 8 New Member
    edited January 2014
    I use wordpress too. It's easy to create and edit, but it might also be because I am a bit of a creature of habit and have always used it. Like the Simmer above, I'd advice you to perhaps try out both and decide for yourself which one to use.