Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will the small details in the sims 4 be more realistic?

i was thinking about the game and i am hoping they add realistic details to this Sims game. For example like Sims get pimples again and have to put cream on it, a Sim has to brush teeth and if they don't they get a bad breath moodlet, a Sim baby gets a diaper rash if the diaper is not changed , a baby can get sick and when a Sim adult gets sick they show it they need to eat soup and stay laying on the couch and it effects them more than just a moodlet that can get ignored. maybe a Sim woman needs to brush her hair or shave her legs, maybe have the teachers give the kid detention and have to stay after maybe parent teacher interaction. College classes in the Sims 3 were interactive and so are the careers, adding that to more things would make it way more interesting. small appropriate details to make the game better. every Sims game fro,m 1 to 3 have been improving on that, why not take it another step further in the Sims 4. i love that there will be actual moods and i think it would be cool to actually have small details matter too. it keeps things interested and maybe even make more people want the Sims. That way people will see the game more instead of downloading so many mods that it crashes the computer showing that that person can no longer play until their computer is fixed. Just a thought about what i am looking forward to in the Sims 4. Each time the game improves a little more. I would hate to have to start my collection over for the same thing only better graphics. i am so excited for the Sims please make it worth the restart of our collections...

Comments

• v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited January 2014
    I disagree that Thesims3 improved onto the details, actually it did cut several of those little details out off.

I would be happy if they are willing to bring all those back to how they were at thesims2 or better, i would like that School wasnt a rabithole so there were much more interaction options into it because keep reading notifications out of a blackout building isnt somethin that should be in a supost "Open" world.

People will donwload mods nonetheless because there are things that EA just cant do, and if the game is CC friendly and well coded like Thesims2, it will hardly happen to crash anything. I just Hope we dont need to use Mods just to make the game work.

People around here have a lot of details that they could bring back from previous games.
    jr73Y.gif

• lpmartinlpmartin Posts: 163
    edited January 2014
    I don't know if you should get your hopes up for more "realistic" details. I don't see it happening with what I've seen so far. I know that EA hasn't unleashed enough information for me to assume that, but I am going off of how they went from TS2 to TS3; they sort of down graded the game, in a sense. *scratches head* You know what I mean?

I, myself, had pre-ordered TS4 a few months ago and just yesterday I canceled that order. I took a good look at some of the screen shots (I guess that's what they are--screenshots) and I noticed the absence of "realism" in them. I am not at all inspired from what I have seen so far. I am more disappointed than anything. At first EA had me fooled, and I can't believe that I fell for it. I will wait until well after the release before I decide any further on whether or not I will be purchasing TS4. As of right now, the answer is no.

• KaitlynHortonKaitlynHorton Posts: 133 New Member
    edited January 2014
    I think for me personally to many little details can make the game more of a chore than fun. I wouldn't mind having some details but if it got to the point where I had to constantly watch every single sim in my household and make sure they were doing what they needed and that there were no problems I had to fix, I would probably stop playing it. That's why I like the sims 3 because its a very easy game and you have more time to do the fun stuff and really enjoy the game.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2014
    This kind of realism sounds pretty boring to me :wink: It is a game of course, not real life. Attacking pimples doesn't sound like great gameplay to me. What people seem to forget, is that sims age very quickly, a day is like a year. So I think it's a good thing they left out details from daily life.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited January 2014
    I think for me personally to many little details can make the game more of a chore than fun. I wouldn't mind having some details but if it got to the point where I had to constantly watch every single sim in my household and make sure they were doing what they needed and that there were no problems I had to fix, I would probably stop playing it. That's why I like the sims 3 because its a very easy game and you have more time to do the fun stuff and really enjoy the game.

Enjoy the game? What game? it ends up to a game there is nothing to do, nothing to pay atention,a city full of rabitholes,empty community lots and sims that look like robots, i would even -try- to enjoy it if didnt had to pay atention to all spots of town to see if any sim would bugg out and unleash error 12,the game became boring and out of any challenge,everything was just redicolousy easy,there is not any fun stuff because it gets old too fast since you achived everything too fast and it just got stupid, all those little brainless robots without anything of intersting and they stupid pudding faces, oh great, a realistic visual without any realistic behavior, no thank you, that is for sure not something i would consider to "Enjoy".
    jr73Y.gif

• pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited January 2014
    I really enjoyed how detailed TS2 was. Getting the bottle from the fridge and cleaning up after. Having pimples (which only happened if your teen didn't have proper hygiene). Entering the car, maneuvering it...

It felt more alive and I never got bored.

TS3 expansions get boring fast, because soon you did all that there was to do, they are too goal oriented and skimp on life simulation.
    edited January 2014
    v12creator wrote:
    Enjoy the game? What game? it ends up to a game there is nothing to do, nothing to pay atention,a city full of rabitholes,empty community lots and sims that look like robots, i would even -try- to enjoy it if didnt had to pay atention to all spots of town to see if any sim would bugg out and unleash error 12,the game became boring and out of any challenge,everything was just redicolousy easy,there is not any fun stuff because it gets old too fast since you achived everything too fast and it just got stupid, all those little brainless robots without anything of intersting and they stupid pudding faces, oh great, a realistic visual without any realistic behavior, no thank you, that is for sure not something i would consider to "Enjoy".
    There is of course this possibility not all people agree with you. I can't even understand how one could get bored playing Sims. There is al lot to do and I've been doing it almost non stop since january 2010. It could be boring maybe if not constantly and automatically all kind of story's would pop up in my brain while playing, but after all it is a virtual dollhouse. If you don't like playing dolls, then don't.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    edited January 2014
    When i see people's wishes for the sims 4, i see a lot of "i want this, like it was in the sims 2" or "bring this back from the sims 2." The reason people love the sims 2 so much (myself included) was because of all the little details they had in that game, which made it so amazing. I agree, I want the pimples to come back, private school, changing tables, stores, groceries, sims waving at someone they know when they walk by. The Sims 2 sims were actually aware of their surrounds and had so much natural animations that, when seeing the sims 3 robots, you can see how lifeless they are.

Plus the sims 2 had tons of replay value. The sims 3 was very linear most of the times. The opportunities, get boring because it's usually the same ones that show up and you've already done them. World Adventures is pretty much a one tme play, because once you do all the tombs and quests, the excitement is gone. Not to mention the lack of challenge in 3.

My overall hope is for the little details, a lot of replay value, a good challenge, and sims aware of the others around them.
    edited January 2014
    There is of course this possibility not all people agree with you. I can't even understand how one could get bored playing Sims. There is al lot to do and I've been doing it almost non stop since january 2010. It could be boring maybe if not constantly and automatically all kind of story's would pop up in my brain while playing,

Oh,really? i'm sory, but i want thesims to be what it aways was before :

A People Simulator

The_Sims_Cover_2.jpg
    Not a dumbed down movie making software.
    but after all it is a virtual dollhouse. If you don't like playing dolls, then don't.
    This kind of realism sounds pretty boring to me It is a game of course, not real life.

Says the same guy that keep yelling again and again because the -Graphics- are not in a realistic style.

The sims is meant to be a simulation of real people, how they behave, about choices you have to make in life, beign this life realism-ground or full of zombies and aliens,not a pack of robots that you use to make little movies, but you really enjoy the idea of dollhouse, then i assume you dont really care if the world gets closed dont you?

"A lot to do" that a lot to do is not even near to what they took out from Thesims2 to Thesims3,in exchange for what? oh, ability to change from blue to red and oh yea, a open world that gets totally boring because the town is plain desert.

I am personally glad that THesims4 seens to be tilting away from thesims3 path and closer to what Thesims2 and Thesims1 were more about.
    jr73Y.gif

edited January 2014
    My sims do wave and say hello to sims they meet and know. And I often catch them following another sim's actions.
    I do agree however that the game is not much fun if you don't feel/see a story behind it. It's no fun teaching your witch how to learn spells if that's all you do. What I don't understand though (and I never played 2 and didn't like 1 so it may be ignorance), is how daily stuff will add nice gameplay. What's so great about watching your sim brushing their teeth twice a day? WA is my favourite expansion because it's an escape every now and then out of the sandbox. China and France I completed, but I still have a few tombs to go in Egypt. Several tombs I played more than once btw and it was fun all over again.

@v12creator
    First, I'm a woman :wink: (but I understand the avatar may be confusing)
    And I don't quite understand what you're talking about, because all what you're describing is exactly what I'm doing with my sims. Too bad you probably can't read Dutch, otherwise I would add a link to my story's :mrgreen: I make up this story's myself, but always reacting on what I see happening on my screen. I never know in advance which way my story will go exactly. The game does that.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • tiffanylove123tiffanylove123 Posts: 3
    edited January 2014
    When i see people's wishes for the sims 4, i see a lot of "i want this, like it was in the sims 2" or "bring this back from the sims 2." The reason people love the sims 2 so much (myself included) was because of all the little details they had in that game, which made it so amazing. I agree, I want the pimples to come back, private school, changing tables, stores, groceries, sims waving at someone they know when they walk by. The Sims 2 sims were actually aware of their surrounds and had so much natural animations that, when seeing the sims 3 robots, you can see how lifeless they are.

Plus the sims 2 had tons of replay value. The sims 3 was very linear most of the times. The opportunities, get boring because it's usually the same ones that show up and you've already done them. World Adventures is pretty much a one tme play, because once you do all the tombs and quests, the excitement is gone. Not to mention the lack of challenge in 3.

My overall hope is for the little details, a lot of replay value, a good challenge, and sims aware of the others around them.

Thank you the small details make things more life like arent we all playing isms because its a way we can control life? we are playing with life it should be messy and detailed. Thats the sims. The sims 2 was way better besides graphics. I really hope they do bring things lieke that back and add some because others are right things in the EPs get boring quick. hence why many poeple end up using mods to add to their game.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,405 Member
    edited January 2014
    hence why many people end up using mods to add to their game.
    I thought that was because they wanted to fix what they believe EA couldn't
    edited January 2014
    In my opinion the worlds are great in the sims 3 and so are the sims. I do agree that I don't want an exact copy of the sims 3 in the sims 4 but I don't mind if the sims 4 is like the sims 3 in the fact that it doesn't have boring and repetitive interactions that you have to do for your sims to survive or be in good moods. Sometimes I might like a challenge like that when im playing but most of the time I like having most of the sim day for my sims to do stuff besides brushing their teeth and doing other everyday things. When laundry was added to the game I thought it would be really cool but it just ended up taking away more time from my sims day than it was worth. I don't want the sims 4 to be focused on stuff like that.
    edited January 2014
    This kind of realism sounds pretty boring to me :wink: It is a game of course, not real life. Attacking pimples doesn't sound like great gameplay to me. What people seem to forget, is that sims age very quickly, a day is like a year. So I think it's a good thing they left out details from daily life.
    I agree completely
    edited January 2014
    My sims do wave and say hello to sims they meet and know. And I often catch them following another sim's actions.
    I do agree however that the game is not much fun if you don't feel/see a story behind it. It's no fun teaching your witch how to learn spells if that's all you do. What I don't understand though (and I never played 2 and didn't like 1 so it may be ignorance), is how daily stuff will add nice gameplay. What's so great about watching your sim brushing their teeth twice a day? WA is my favourite expansion because it's an escape every now and then out of the sandbox. China and France I completed, but I still have a few tombs to go in Egypt. Several tombs I played more than once btw and it was fun all over again.

@v12creator
    First, I'm a woman :wink: (but I understand the avatar may be confusing)
    And I don't quite understand what you're talking about, because all what you're describing is exactly what I'm doing with my sims. Too bad you probably can't read Dutch, otherwise I would add a link to my story's :mrgreen: I make up this story's myself, but always reacting on what I see happening on my screen. I never know in advance which way my story will go exactly. The game does that.

Ah, now it makes sense, of course you wont understand since you never played TS1 or TS2, you never knew what the game lost, you never felt it yourself to say "i dont see that now".

Understandable,sory for my confusion,Lady,eh.I could make a book to explain what i am saying but i will leave it be since i think you will never understand if you dont feel it with your own mouse cursor and i wont botter you anymore.
    jr73Y.gif

edited January 2014
    hence why many people end up using mods to add to their game.
    I thought that was because they wanted to fix what they believe EA couldn't

Yeah,true,also, most people use the mods to fix the bugs because they are not exacly CC Junkies to keep using tons of them, mostly Tawallan mods, but other people do use other mods for pure leisure of free new content because they do not care, probably they are still used to the fact that TS2 almost didnt suffer with cc, TS3 can be prooved anoying to those.
    jr73Y.gif

• TheHellerSweetieTheHellerSweetie Posts: 463 Member
    edited January 2014
    I never really understood why certain details WERE IN the Sims 3 and they were not mandatory... Hm :?
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,405 Member
    edited January 2014
    I never really understood why certain details WERE IN the Sims 3 and they were not mandatory... Hm :?
    Because little things are sometimes interesting. I remember when people got GTA V very early, they started leaking things. And this one person leaked flip flops actually flopped. It was funny how the little things got people so excited. It shows that the developers want to give players a "wow" no matter how simple. Little things count.
    edited January 2014

Then you're playing the wrong game. This is not supposed to be a RPG.

The little details do add a lot of gameplay value. I cherished and valued sims a lot more in TS2 because they felt real and actions actually had consequences. TS3, not so much. I find myself bulding, decorating and styling sims a lot more, because the relationships don't seem to matter that much and they don't seem alive and aware of their environment.

I rebember how fun it was see a sim whistle at a random sim passing by. Or a relative embarassed when two sims kissed. Or how sims really carried a grudge ater a fight.

Taking care of a baby was truly a chore. But taking care of babies is supposed to be a chore, not magic wooshes.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited January 2014
    pguida wrote:

The little details do add a lot of gameplay value. I cherished and valued sims a lot more in TS2 because they felt real and actions actually had consequences. TS3, not so much. I find myself bulding, decorating and styling sims a lot more, because the relationships don't seem to matter that much and they don't seem alive and aware of their environment.

I rebember how fun it was see a sim whistle at a random sim passing by. Or a relative embarassed when two sims kissed. Or how sims really carried a grudge ater a fight.

Taking care of a baby was truly a chore. But taking care of babies is supposed to be a chore, not magic wooshes.

I agree, well said.

Also @astridentanja, I highly recommend you buy either The Sims 1 Complete Collection or The Sims 2 Double Deluxe and as many expansion packs you can afford (buying them all is of course the best).

The Sims 1 is a bit different. It's challenging. But it has so much fun content and charm to it that once you're able to learn how to take care of your Sims properly and dive into the content, you may be surprised at how much the series (both 2 and 3) lacked from TS1.

The Sims 2 is hands down my favorite of the whole franchise. Look past the lot loading, the lack of an open world, and whatever else TS3 introduced. It has SO much detail put into it. The developers really did a fantastic job with the game. I've owned it for many years and I always manage to learn something new from playing each session. Mainly because the expansion packs weren't verbatim what the trailer claimed it would offer. It had so much stuff you actually had to delve into the game to find.

I feel that changes to a series are nice; you don't want the same thing over and over. But changing the formula of the game as much as TS3 did just ruined it for me. In addition, it seems like the developers tried too hard to make it like TS1/TS2 but ultimately failed.
    edited January 2014
    v12creator wrote:
    Ah, now it makes sense, of course you wont understand since you never played TS1 or TS2, you never knew what the game lost, you never felt it yourself to say "i dont see that now".

Understandable,sory for my confusion,Lady,eh.I could make a book to explain what i am saying but i will leave it be since i think you will never understand if you dont feel it with your own mouse cursor and i wont botter you anymore.
    I did play 1, I stopped playing however because I didn't like the 'keeping your sim alive' aspect back then. I felt the game had an addictive element for me, I just quit because it felt like keeping someone alive who obviously hated me all the time with her yellow/red plumbbob :wink: It felt like: "Hi there lady, let's play this amazing game together, I have some great adventures for you in store!" And her responding:" Yeah yeah yeah, but could you please wake me up at four in the morning, I have to go to this job I don't like that hardly pays and then go back to my house without anything in it that keeps me satisfied and, oh, see that, there must be something really filthy around here, see those flies? Ah, you cleaned it, but there must be more, still see flies flying around. And I have to do this and that and that and why do all the townies HATE me and put me to bed, please put me to bed, I want to go to bed, have to get up early again, yawn yawn, oh, it's time to get up already and I didn't even sleep."
    I do regret I missed 2 though, I know a lot of people that loved that game so I'm not doubting it was fun. But I think 3 just is more my style, because it allows you to do things I happen to like. I love the open world, I love the sims themselves, I love making their houses and I love the gameplay. And I love it the game gives me room to fantasize and doesn't bother me too much with, well, plain surviving.

I have a feeling there are a lot of hardcore 2 fans active on this Sims 4 forum nowadays, purely because they're not satisfied with 3, trying to talk EA into turning the sequel into the prequel. I hope they do understand not everybody feels that way :wink:

Edit: so funny people keep telling me I'm playing the wrong game, where I am enjoying it and they don't :mrgreen:
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited January 2014
    Edit: so funny people keep telling me I'm playing the wrong game, where I am enjoying it and they don't :mrgreen:

If you're looking to turn a sandbox life simulator into a scripted RPG game, it's wrong and you're doing a disservice to the franchise being the voice pushing it into that direction.

And the Sims team seems to know what I mean, because after starting out very RPG, there were major shake ups in the staff and the following expansions decidedly abandoned the RPG style and, furthermore, they keep on emphasizing how The Sims 4 will be more sim-centric, focused on simulation and detail.

I'm sad you didn't get to play TS2. It was the absolute best game it could have been for its time and everything was fully realized. Nothing felt half-baked.

I don't think anyone truly wants that game to be remade, but they want to feel that again. Not get nightclubs with no DJ and half empty. Or an EP that has bands without singers and then another with singers without bands. Or the severely lacking celebrity system or the extremely glitchy zombies.

I love The Sims 3 and it definitely it has its qualities and improvements. But more often than not thing felt over simplified and done half-heartedly.

People really want a game that feels alive again and where small thing matter again, once those are the thing that sell the illusion that the people on your computer screen are alive. That make you cheer when they have their first kiss and cry when they die. It's not how many thing you unlock or quest your accomplish that should matter in a life simulator.
  • jessidollkidjessidollkid Posts: 100 Member
    edited January 2014
    I do believe that I miss some of the VERY small details about The Sims 2 -- for instance. I miss how the Sims 2 people would open the drawer in the kitchen when they were cooking. I do not miss: having to spend all day picking weeds because I had shrubs in the yard. I do not miss having to pick up 10 baby bottles because I had twins and couldn't pick them up, or walk, or do anything, because my sim was so tired. In ways, Sims 3 is SO much better because they made the game easier to navigate, easier to handle, and easier to focus on bigger things in life, like not having to pick up those bottles. But just having them vanish into thin air afterward isnt any good either. A compromise between Sims 2 and Sims 3 sounds perfect to me -- and I really think that's what they're trying to give us. The best of both worlds, in Sims 4.
  • AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited January 2014
    pguida wrote:

I don't think so.

When Sims becomes a bit RPG-ish it's different from any RPG because... well it's the Sims!

Okay that sounded dumb, but let me explain what I mean. World Adventures had an adventuring element, a motives element and a design and domestic element. Mixed into one this meant you could build yourself a house in a foreign country, meet the locals, lead a life of danger and tomb raiding and display your discoveries in a crystal display case.

Where two genres meet you get some interesting interactions which go beyond what you'd find in either type of game.

If someone thinks that adds to the game then I think that's entirely justifiable.
    edited January 2014
    @Rosiesim999 I agree with you.
    pguida wrote:

If you're looking to turn a sandbox life simulator into a scripted RPG game, it's wrong and you're doing a disservice to the franchise being the voice pushing it into that direction.

And the Sims team seems to know what I mean, because after starting out very RPG, there were major shake ups in the staff and the following expansions decidedly abandoned the RPG style and, furthermore, they keep on emphasizing how The Sims 4 will be more sim-centric, focused on simulation and detail.

I'm sad you didn't get to play TS2. It was the absolute best game it could have been for its time and everything was fully realized. Nothing felt half-baked.

I don't think anyone truly wants that game to be remade, but they want to feel that again. Not get nightclubs with no DJ and half empty. Or an EP that has bands without singers and then another with singers without bands. Or the severely lacking celebrity system or the extremely glitchy zombies.

I love The Sims 3 and it definitely it has its qualities and improvements. But more often than not thing felt over simplified and done half-heartedly.

People really want a game that feels alive again and where small thing matter again, once those are the thing that sell the illusion that the people on your computer screen are alive. That make you cheer when they have their first kiss and cry when they die. It's not how many thing you unlock or quest your accomplish that should matter in a life simulator.
    I don't entirely disagree with you either, there's a lot in Sims 3 that seems a bit 'too bad' and it is possible Sims 2 had that.
    It's just that the arguments people use why that game was better don't appeal to me. Sims buying their clothes in a store, sims actually stepping into their car, sims doing funny stuff, it's just not what I'm looking for in the game, nor miss. I do think however it is totally silly a party is never a real party in the game and a lot of the animations are pretty boring in itself. I can use those animations in the story's that pop up in my mind, but as plain gameplay it is... poor. And a lot of stuff doesn't even work the way it should (like running a band) or seems to be thought half through (like indeed the celebrity system, turned that off as soon as I could).
    Sims 3 depends on having a huge imagination, I'm glad I do. But it would be nice if 4 would provide gameplay for both types of players. I fear the emotions being the core business though. I'm not very enthousiastic about the way that is handled in the game. I never use the animations for breaking up or grieving whenever my sims break up or grieve for instance.
    5JZ57S6.png