Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bridgewood (Populated)

aaronrogers8i3aaronrogers8i3 Posts: 555 Member
edited February 26 in Nominated Threads
This is my new world which took roughly 3 months from start to finish.
It has a custom distant terrain, a bunch of new trees to match the northern California style and a set of rabbit hole recolors.

This world requires only the base game patched to 1.63 and includes a single DBC file containing CC required for the world. All CC is made by me specifically for this world.

The world is populated with 15 playable households and a number of NPCs.

You can download the world here
http://www.mediafire.com/download/p7nok92vmovqjwb/Bridgewood_1.1.zip

Enjoy! :D

There's a ton of pictures of this world at my blog here http://ARGamingBlog.tumblr.com/

Salon (Ambitons Req)(CC Free) http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8023365

Junkyard (Ambitons Req)(CC Free) http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8023362

gPlQbps.png

yRPDcm1.png

PQKITx0.png

qFakBRd.png

D66OTjn.png

xa7v5R3.png

NsF8VoW.png

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• MATZMATZ Posts: 1,854 New Member
    edited January 2014
    looks great so far! would love more photos though :)
  • siminscsiminsc Posts: 854 Member
    edited January 2014
    I love the look of your world. One I will definitely download.
  • Kerim99Kerim99 Posts: 289 Member
    edited January 2014
    I love the suburb and the world itself so far!
  • SARUHSAYSSARUHSAYS Posts: 83 Member
    edited January 2014
    It looks amazing!
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited January 2014
    Aaronrogers8i3,

It looks really nice!
  • mamirimamiri Posts: 75 Member
    edited January 2014
    Is getting wonderful. But I wonder how many lots have and which expansions? :?: :?:
  • aaronrogers8i3aaronrogers8i3 Posts: 555 Member
    edited January 2014
    There's 80 lots in total at the moment and everything is basegame compatible so no expansions needed :-)
    edited January 2014
    Uploaded now. link on first post!
  • Buzzstar123Buzzstar123 Posts: 46
    edited January 2014
    Just had a look at this world in edit town mode. Overall, the world is absolutely gorgeous.
    All I would say is that you should double check each lot to make sure that you have done all the terrain work that is needed and object misplacement.
    I know its early days yet, but if this world was ever populated, It would be far my favourite world.
    Also, Im assuming you will be doing a festival lot for this World (similar to Mesa Grande). Can I recommend (though you are free to do whatever you want, its your world after all :D ) that the festival lot replaces the central park opposite the town hall, a festival lot located there would be amazing due to the lot being at the centre of the world.
    Thank you for this awesome world, please keep me and everybody up to date about updates to the world itself :)
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for downloading and really glad you like the world! :mrgreen:

I agree and think the big park would be a good place for the festival lot but I'm also considering the Starlight Park lot because it has more space.

Could you point me in the right direction with the object misplacement you mention? There were a few mistakes with lots in Mesa Grande which I only noticed after releasing it and want to make sure this world doesn't have the same issues. :)

edited January 2014
    Thanks for downloading and really glad you like the world! :mrgreen:

I agree and think the big park would be a good place for the festival lot but I'm also considering the Starlight Park lot because it has more space.

Could you point me in the right direction with the object misplacement you mention? There were a few mistakes with lots in Mesa Grande which I only noticed after releasing it and want to make sure this world doesn't have the same issues. :)

I will answer this question soon! Im busy with school at the moment but as soon as I have some time on my hand, I will for sure take another look at the lots for any object misplacements that I mentioned :)
    edited January 2014
    Thanks a lot I'd really appreciate the help!
    edited January 2014
    Version 1.0 is done!
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited January 2014
    Wow! This is exactly what the base game town should have been. :D
    edited February 2014
    Another great world, looking forward to the populated version!
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm downloading this world for a future game and can easily place a seasonal festival lot since I've built three of them and can build one to suit this world.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • azul662azul662 Posts: 222 Member
    edited February 2014
    I really do like your worlds, Mesa Grande & Bridgewood. So detailed and beautiful, you do a really great job ...but... I wish there were more commercial lots because I have all the EP, and I like to add other lots like the Bars, and Movie Studio lot, etc.
    edited February 2014
    @Buzzstar123 I'm working on that right now and its going well!

@TadOlson I'll be making a festival lot for this world officially that'll probably replace the main park. :)

@azul662 Thanks! I totally agree with what you're saying. I had to choose between combo rabbit holes to save space or populating the world as sims imported into caw can't work at combo rabbit holes and will become corrupt. It's a real shame because the combo rabbit holes were lovely but they had to be replaced.
  • NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hi Aaron, Bridgewood is looking amazing. My favourite part is the mountain area with the vineyards, so beautiful!

Looking forward to it! :D
  • azul662azul662 Posts: 222 Member
    edited February 2014
    @azul662 Thanks! I totally agree with what you're saying. I had to choose between combo rabbit holes to save space or populating the world as sims imported into caw can't work at combo rabbit holes and will become corrupt. It's a real shame because the combo rabbit holes were lovely but they had to be replaced.

I know, I just found out that the Prespective job or Detective Professional Job doesn't work with a combo Court House/Police/Military RH - which is a bummer. I wish more than anything EA would fix that issue.

I still love playing your worlds though. I just bought a new Alienware gaming computer, and playing your world with option graphics on high doesn't make my computer lag at all. My old computer graphic setting had to be set on "low" but now on "high" the detail is very beautiful. I get alittle lag when playing bigger worlds on "high" like the world Alexandria, and Los Aniegos.

You do a fantastic job on your worlds, as do other's too. :)
    edited February 2014
    @Nilxis Thanks, that area is my favorite too!

Nice to know its running well. I built both my worlds using my custom gaming rig with a 660ti and core i5 so everything was designed for high settings but I've heard great things from others who play on laptops. I get well over 200fps without my framerate limiter on :D
  • GnjburgessGnjburgess Posts: 400 New Member
    edited February 2014
    You probably think I am stalking you, but I love Bridgewood and Mesa Grande so much! I can't wait for the populated version of Bridgewood to come out so i can move my current household there! I also made a review on it for my subscribers, and they really liked it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjlyHBYZlJM&list=UUdiWe1HIkXiYW4SlALrozfA&feature=c4-overview
  • aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited February 2014
    HI Aaron!
    Congrats on another world! I'm such a fan. Can't wait to check it out.

Also, I wanted to know if you have ever used UDK or Bryce 3d for generating terrain? :)

edited February 2014
    Thanks! You can download the unpopulated version of the world now at my blog or the first post :)

I've never used those before and haven't actually heard of bryce 3d before somehow. I picked world machine as my main tool because it's fairly simple to use and allows me to make terrain paint masks. I've even learned how to stitch new parts to my maps (The mountain range in Bridgewood looks nothing like the original heightmap in WM).

I really want to know what The sims team use! I've asked before on twitter but didn't get a reply. :(

• aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited February 2014
    Keep asking!
    I bet it is some program that works with Maya.

I just saw this demo of the Bryce 3D interface and you might really enjoy it. You can work with the heigh map PNG along side a 3D image of the terrain, and also it has erosion brushes and sliders to let you apply erosion or whatever transformation to a specific height range. It might be a nice complement for you alongside World Machine. I have no idea what UDK is like to use, but I'm definitely going to try out Bryce (it is free, I think? or at least very cheap).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top