Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For those of you who use Twallan's Mods, please read.

It might be an idea for you to download the current (1.63) super patch because he has announced he will no longer be supporting the game :(

This means that if EA bring out any further patches Twallan won't be updating his Mods so they may not work.

In the event that you have to uninstall and reinstall some time in the future, it would be prudent to download and save the current patch so you can still use his wonderful Mods (so long as you don't patch past 1.63).

Here's the link to the super patch:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/549552.page
apple-signature.png

Comments

• caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    edited January 2014
    Crumbs you are right. Tuck that patch away somewhere safe! That's on my to-do list for this weekend. Cheers :)
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited January 2014
    He had announced that he wasn't going to support Sims 4, so I knew he wasn't going to be around much longer. It's a shame that EA can't hire these folks to proof read their code. Asypr did help out some in that respect. Not sure how they (EA) ported Sim City.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • itsaprilXDitsaprilXD Posts: 642 Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm thinking that I should probably add that little fact somewhere in the guide (along the lines of only downloading Overwatch if you're running on 1.63).

Also, he did release all the codes for it (I don't remember the exact words for it), so I believe he had the intentions of passing them on to someone else to figure out for now. Being that we have all the expansions released, there shouldn't be any more patches that change everything, thus needing a newer version of the mod...
    Worst comes to worst, there's another patch released to fix miscellaneous bugs and glitches, but the mods are still compatible? Lots of them are like that anyway.

Sigh. All too frustrating.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited January 2014
    itsaprilXD wrote:
    I'm thinking that I should probably add that little fact somewhere in the guide (along the lines of only downloading Overwatch if you're running on 1.63).

That's not a bad idea. Want me to add it or do you want to give me some copy and I'll paste it in?

I think any update from now on will be risky and we'll all be covering our eyes whilst patching :? No doubt EA will bring out some kind of Premium Content that requires and patch and will render everyones games useless.
    apple-signature.png
    edited January 2014
    I think I heard somewhere that there will be one more patch. Not sure where I heard it.

Yes, Twallan released the source codes for the mods, so it's up to someone else to update them if they need to be.
    edited January 2014
    itsaprilXD wrote:

That's not a bad idea. Want me to add it or do you want to give me some copy and I'll paste it in?

I think any update from now on will be risky and we'll all be covering our eyes whilst patching :? No doubt EA will bring out some kind of Premium Content that requires and patch and will render everyones games useless.

Sorry the late reply - work, and attempting to cope with 43 degree weather :roll:
    You can just put it in, just say something along the lines of only using Nraas/Twallan mods if you're on Patch 1.63. Outdated mods can be a pain to fix -_-.

I hate patching (like everyone). Each patch just creates more problems without fixing half of the existing ones. As much as I'm not looking forward to Sims 4, I think having it will be quite refreshing compared to the mess that we have with Sims 3.
    That being said, I'm also purchasing Windows 7 in the next few days to use with Bootcamp, and then buying a nice new Alienware X51 sometime this year. I think it's time I left the mac world of gaming behind haha.

• tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited January 2014
    I think I heard somewhere that there will be one more patch. Not sure where I heard it.

Yes, Twallan released the source codes for the mods, so it's up to someone else to update them if they need to be.

A couple of his mods have already been updated, mostly to add translations, but I did see that one person updated Traveler to include RH. I know nothing about modding, but I'm thrilled that he has an active community eager to help out with his suite.
    edited January 2014
    tamalinn wrote:

A couple of his mods have already been updated, mostly to add translations, but I did see that one person updated Traveler to include RH. I know nothing about modding, but I'm thrilled that he has an active community eager to help out with his suite.

I think it has something to do with the fact that a lot of people who use mods use at least one of his mods, just because they're so fantastic. :p
    edited January 2014
    Well, read what the latest patch fixes and most of it I haven't encountered so far. Of course I use Overwatch and Master controller and those both corrected the problems with the toddler walker and playpen. I think they also corrected the Tree of Prosperity, but not sure.
  • Ingridtk5Ingridtk5 Posts: 112 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank-you kindly for the link! I can't play without Twallan's mods (and I've had to re-install a few times in the past already) so this is very valuable.
  • veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    edited January 2014
    There is a crew over at Nraas who are working to update the mods that Twallan left to the community to be compatible with 1.66.

The main mods that will NOT be compatible with 1.66 are core mods: Overwatch and Untranslatedkey. Traveler also causes crashes at the moment.

You may choose to just play with 1.63, or just be patient while the wonderful team over there is busy burning the midnight oil to look through all the code :)
    NraasSignature.png
    edited January 2014
    veiledstar wrote:
    There is a crew over at Nraas who are working to update the mods that Twallan left to the community to be compatible with 1.66.

The main mods that will NOT be compatible with 1.66 are core mods: Overwatch and Untranslatedkey. Traveler also causes crashes at the moment.

You may choose to just play with 1.63, or just be patient while the wonderful team over there is busy burning the midnight oil to look through all the code :)

I'm personally not going to update to 1.66. Updates just cause more problems for me, and I've only just got my game somewhat running so I'm kind of happy with the occasional debug error.

(plus, I need overwatch and all my other mods)
  • veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    edited January 2014
    itsaprilXD wrote:
    I'm personally not going to update to 1.66. Updates just cause more problems for me, and I've only just got my game somewhat running so I'm kind of happy with the occasional debug error.

All of Twallan's original mods will still be maintained on the Nraas wiki, even if the mods are updated. The new versions will have the creator's initials attached to the file name. For the moment, the wiki is paid for up to mid summer, so we have nothing to worry about for losing the mods.

Anyone wishing to keep up to date on the news, you can visit here:
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/News+Of+The+Day

You certainly don't need to update. It is your choice after all :)
    NraasSignature.png
    edited January 2014
    veiledstar wrote:
    itsaprilXD wrote:

All of Twallan's original mods will still be maintained on the Nraas wiki, even if the mods are updated. The new versions will have the creator's initials attached to the file name. For the moment, the wiki is paid for up to mid summer, so we have nothing to worry about for losing the mods.

Anyone wishing to keep up to date on the news, you can visit here:
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/News+Of+The+Day

You certainly don't need to update. It is your choice after all :)

I know - I think I'm using one of Twallan's mods versus one of the others (if you get what I'm saying). :p
    edited January 2014
    It may turn out that Overwatch may not need to be updated. Or if it does, it may just need to have a line or two of code removed. However, waiting until the dust settles to see if I need to update at all. My game runs really well at this point.