Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Installed content shows it's downloaded, but main menu doesn't!

Hi! I bought The Sims 3 Worlds Bundle w/ Monte Vista and Hidden Springs from Origin. The instructions told me to redeem the codes for each game separately, and download it from my Sims 3 launcher. I decided to download Monte Vista first.It all worked fine, said it downloaded, and it showed up under Installed Content. Lots of content was there, I assumed it was working properly. I launched the Sims 3 and when I got to the main menu and clicked on new game, Monte Vista wasn't there. I logged into the Sims 3 Store so it showed up in the bottom left hand corner of my screen, but It didn't show up there either. I have not registered the game (so the little icon shows up on your profile)with the Sims 3 yet, but I didn't think it would make a difference. I do not have any other Sims 3 store content. It's never worked in the past, but I haven't bought anything else. I have all the expansion packs, but no stuff packs or other worlds. No mods, my game runs fine, (with the occasional glitch) and my game is up to date. I really want to fix this. Any suggestions? Help! I have plenty of space on my computer too. I don't know how to uninstall my games and reinstall, and it would be a big pain for me. I'm not a computer whiz either, so suggestions involving complicated things probably won't help very much. My computer is a Mac, 13 inch.

Comments

• GibbzeyGibbzey Posts: 20 Member
    edited January 2014
    The way I installed my worlds earlier (because Riverview and Roaring Heights also didn't show up on my main menu) was go to "my page" on here and then scroll down to the bottom so you can see the worlds box. Click on the world you want to install and it will take you to a new tab, then click download and then it takes you back to your installer where you can press install. It should work after that :)
  • SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hi! I bought The Sims 3 Worlds Bundle w/ Monte Vista and Hidden Springs from Origin. The instructions told me to redeem the codes for each game separately, and download it from my Sims 3 launcher. I decided to download Monte Vista first.It all worked fine, said it downloaded, and it showed up under Installed Content. Lots of content was there, I assumed it was working properly. I launched the Sims 3 and when I got to the main menu and clicked on new game, Monte Vista wasn't there. I logged into the Sims 3 Store so it showed up in the bottom left hand corner of my screen, but It didn't show up there either. I have not registered the game (so the little icon shows up on your profile)with the Sims 3 yet, but I didn't think it would make a difference. I do not have any other Sims 3 store content. It's never worked in the past, but I haven't bought anything else. I have all the expansion packs, but no stuff packs or other worlds. No mods, my game runs fine, (with the occasional glitch) and my game is up to date. I really want to fix this. Any suggestions? Help! I have plenty of space on my computer too. I don't know how to uninstall my games and reinstall, and it would be a big pain for me. I'm not a computer whiz either, so suggestions involving complicated things probably won't help very much. My computer is a Mac, 13 inch.
    If the method the poster before me said doesn't work out for you, you might want to try this.
    It's a clean install of the world. Sometimes the game won't recognize another install if traces are left behind so you have to remove traces of it from 3 folders for a clean install.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/733375.page
  • cleophas66cleophas66 Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    I have bought and successfully installed roaring heights and I have not seen it in my main menu as well as hidden spring, midnight hollow, Monte vista, aurora skies, sunlit tides, the movie set game, I do not understand why I can't play the games I have paid for.
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited February 2014
    Have you tried the solutions suggested above? Have you checked the forums or done a google search of this issue? Are you fully patched including the store patches? Do you use any mods or cc? I hope you find a workable solution!

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • adriennex33adriennex33 Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    yeah, i'm having a problem with the roaring heights world i downloaded from this site. it says it's downloaded and in my main menu but it's not there at all. and i've redownloaded it so many times. please help me with this, i spent $20 with this.
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited March 2014
    Have you read and tried the solutions proposed above? Have you searched the forums for help? Have you googled for this problem? Many forums have a bug thread by Crinrict stickied at the top of the forum. Crinrict sets out lots of help for a variety of problems in those threads. Have you looked at any of them?

We don't have enough info from you to know where the problem lies, but you might find solutions, if you do as suggested.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited March 2014
    Did you turn off shop mode...
  • gabby094gabby094 Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m having the same issue with riverview. I got it with my points back in 2009, but I recently had to buy a new sims 3 base game and now when I go to install it, it says it’s installed but it’s not on the main menu in the game itself