Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kinda disappointed?

I bought this stuff pack in the hope that the 'superhero' stuff would help me realize my goal of recreating the avengers or at least some of the sets.

I looked at what came with it and felt really cheated actually. There is a distinct lack of costumes. The masks are kind of comical and 'specific' with no chance of modifying them to look generic.
The furniture is a sort of waste of disk space.

I'm kinda, really disappointed.
Please tell me i'm missing something mind blowing otherwise I just spent £10 for nothing...

Comments

• liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited January 2014
    well.. the wild west outfits look good

Put my Dean Winchester in one of them for his evening wear outfit, he looks good in it. (aka I'm easily pleased)
  • YoungdarkmelodyYoungdarkmelody Posts: 15
    edited January 2014
    I'm really dissapointed with this stuff pack. For all the advertising done, there's actualy very very little on here. You can't even actualy do anything with your superheroes except dress them up.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm really dissapointed with this stuff pack. For all the advertising done, there's actualy very very little on here. You can't even actualy do anything with your superheroes except dress them up.

Isn't that the case with most stuff packs?

I mean you get some furniture, some clothes and what you do with them is your own choice. It's not like the other stuff packs had all that much more.
  • BalaefrogBalaefrog Posts: 48 New Member
    edited January 2014
    I was pretty happy with it because I made a royal family and palace, and the outfits and a lot of the furniture came in handy to make it stay in theme. I do sort of agree with you, though. I haven't used any of the outfits other than for the reason I explained above. Some of the 'superhero lair' furniture has just clogged it up. But, it's a stuff pack, you shouldn't have really expected to be able to actually have a superhero job...
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited January 2014
    liliaeth wrote:
    well.. the wild west outfits look good

Put my Dean Winchester in one of them for his evening wear outfit, he looks good in it. (aka I'm easily pleased)

I just caught up with Supernatural and the wild west episode was too funny "...nice blanket..." :lol: that is awesome that you have a Dean Winchester in the wild west outfit :D
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited January 2014
    Personally, I could care less for he Superheroes stuff but still found some use here and there, I am all about the western (cause I use for my steampunk needs) and horror and only thing wrong is that I wanted more of it :)
  • XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    edited January 2014
    It's a shame that you have found it to be disappointing.

I'm put off buying this one, after looking at some of the threads here XD I'll probably want it at some point just to complete my collection, but it's not at the top of my want list XD
  • perfectvelvetperfectvelvet Posts: 739 Member
    edited January 2014
    It's worth it for the 3 new radio stations! (And the rocking chair for those without Supernatural, probably.) I use the western items to build saloons - dive bars mostly.

Most stuff packs are just ... stuff ... and not any new interactions. Sims 2 at least got you Santa Claus, hehe.
  • MU333MU333 Posts: 72 Member
    edited January 2014
    I bought this stuff pack in the hope that the 'superhero' stuff would help me realize my goal of recreating the avengers or at least some of the sets.

I looked at what came with it and felt really cheated actually. There is a distinct lack of costumes. The masks are kind of comical and 'specific' with no chance of modifying them to look generic.

Please tell me i'm missing something mind blowing otherwise I just spent £10 for nothing...

That's literally the reason why I wanted this one so bad! But the CAS stuff really did disappoint. What really made me mad was the fact that there were Thor-esque headgear for women, but not men! I didn't get that all.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited February 2014
    The only reason I got Movie Stuff is for the Batman costumes (or should that be Rabbit-Man?) and the Sim-Mobile. I used the costume as a career outfit for my Private Investigator Sim, and I'm having a blast.

But that's about all the pack's good for, and I've got no doubt that I'll be over it in a week or two.

If you're gonna spend money on Movie Stuff, do yourself a favour and wait until it's on sale (given that Sims 4 will be out soon, it'll be in the bargain bin at EB Games or whatever in 2 to 3 months)... or get someone else to spend the money for you.
    wJbomAo.png
  • JaegerJaeger Posts: 256 Member
    edited February 2014
    kwanzaabot wrote:
    The only reason I got Movie Stuff is for the Batman costumes (or should that be Rabbit-Man?) and the Sim-Mobile. I used the costume as a career outfit for my Private Investigator Sim, and I'm having a blast.

But that's about all the pack's good for, and I've got no doubt that I'll be over it in a week or two.

If you're gonna spend money on Movie Stuff, do yourself a favour and wait until it's on sale (given that Sims 4 will be out soon, it'll be in the bargain bin at EB Games or whatever in 2 to 3 months)... or get someone else to spend the money for you.

The superhero objects could be used to make a high end comic book store, geek hangout, museum pieces, laboratory, etc.
  • MooshygirlMooshygirl Posts: 119 Member
    edited March 2014

It is disappointing-there should be an Superhero expansion pack OR a one-off game like Sims Medieval. You can make "knock-off" heroes of course as it would be difficult and costly to license real characters but they could make it possible to create a "Copper man" per se or "Arachnid Man", or "Captain Sim" *grin*. I hope the EA lurkers peep this!lol!
  • Anzi130Anzi130 Posts: 140 Member
    I felt the same way about the game.. I didnt really use any of the furniture or the clothes, or the hair... Maybe because I like playing realisticly, but still I wanted the game to complete my sims3 collection.. Although I ended up uninstalling it, as my game was running slow, and this and katy perry sweet treats was the 2 worst stuff packs in my oppinion. :)
    Origin Account-Name: Anzi120
  • cameonet1950cameonet1950 Posts: 2,138 Member
    All I wanted was the western themed objects and clothes so I have YET to buy it. :p
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    I like this because I like goofy looking Sims. I can certainly understand why some people wouldn't though. It also kind of feels like a lot of stuff, just left over from other ideas thrown together. But I only paid $10 and it was worth that. I would not pay more than $10USD for it.