Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No disk?

I got the University Life EP for Christmas, I have a Macbook Pro (Mac OS X version 10.7.5). I installed it last night, and all seemed fine, it installed quite fast too. I then started up my game (I have the Sims 3 base game, Ambitions, Generations and World Adventures) and it came up with an error saying that there's no disk in my laptop and to insert it. So I exited the game and ejected the disk then put it in again. I ran the game again and all seemed fine, I was able to send my sims to Uni no problem and I played for a while. I then saved and quit the game. Today I ran my game again, only to find the previous error come up again, I ejected my disk and put it in once more but the error kept coming up.
I decided to install my Late Night EP, which seemed to install well also, only to find that when I clicked on the Sims 3 icon that it needed The Sims 3 University Life disk to play?
I have uninstalled all of my sims games manually and reinstalled all except World Adventures and University Life.
Sorry if this appears to be rambling but can someone possibly me tell me why/how this occurred? I am very confused and slightly annoyed.
Thank you. :-)

Comments

• AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited December 2013
    You start the game from the latest release that you have installed. In your case, it's University Life. Unless you uninstall University Life or install a more recent release than UL (for EPs - Island Paradise and Into the Future), you will need the UL disk.

I'm not sure why your computer/game wasn't recognizing your UL disk. Hopefully, someone else will have a possible solution for you to try. :(
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    edited December 2013
    Oh, I see! Thank you for your information, I realised that might of been the case so I'm reinstalling the Eps in the order they came out in.
    Thank you! I'm just praying I won't be faced with the same problem of my computer not recognising my disk again. :XD: