Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Braided, Bundled and Beaded Hairstyle

This probably belongs in the store technical discussion forum, but I thought I might get more of a response if I posted here, so here it goes...

I purchased the everyday kids collection from the DD just yesterday. I got into game and noticed this hairstyle was missing.

Thumbnail_300x300.png

I quit the game and uninstalled and deleted the set from the launcher. I re-downloaded it from the store page and tried it again. It still didn't show up, so I tried installing all the items from the set individually. Again, it was the only item that wouldn't appear in game. I tried installing the set once more just a few minutes ago and it still won't show up.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. It would be greatly appreciated because this was the item I was looking forward to see in game the most. Thanks in advance! :-)

Comments

• MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited December 2013
    Are you looking for it in game? Maybe it is one of the hairs only enabled for certain times. Make sure your child is in everyday category when you look. I would suggest posting this in the Store technical forum, there are people that like to hang out there just to help people. :)
  • knh330knh330 Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited December 2013
    Are you looking in Hair w/ Accessories? That's where it's supposed to be (I sometimes think CC/store items I install aren't ingame because I don't look in the right place).
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited December 2013
    Are you looking for it in game? Maybe it is one of the hairs only enabled for certain times. Make sure your child is in everyday category when you look. I would suggest posting this in the Store technical forum, there are people that like to hang out there just to help people. :)

Yay! Thanks for trying to help me out! :-) Um, well, I looked in CAS with and without accessories, but didn't see it there. I thought it might have been a hair only enabled for certain times, too, so I did the unlockOutfits on cheat and it still didn't show up. However, I didn't check to see if it can only be used for certain outfits. It does say Everyday Kids Collection on the set, so... :lol:

Thanks for the suggestion about the technical forums. As you can see by my original post, I was thinking about putting it there, too, but it does seem empty. I figured I might get more replies if I posted here. :-)
    edited December 2013
    knh330 wrote:
    Are you looking in Hair w/ Accessories? That's where it's supposed to be (I sometimes think CC/store items I install aren't ingame because I don't look in the right place).

Yes, I searched online for a minute to see where I could find it. It's supposed to be with the other four hairstyles with accessories, but it's not. Thanks for the suggestion, though. I really appreciate it. :-)
    edited December 2013
    I'll check the other outfits just in case. :-)

Update: Unfortunately, it's not showing up for any outfits. :( It's just odd that all four times it was the only item not installing and it shows up as installed in the launcher. I'll try re-installing a few more times (if that's what it will take). I don't really need the hair or anything, but it certainly would be nice to have. Thanks again for the help, guys, and if anyone else has any other suggestions, I'd appreciate those as well. :wink:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Angel_D0109Angel_D0109 Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited December 2013
    Find the individual item download page in the store and try installing it separately? That's all my advice. :( Good luck.
    edited December 2013
    Find the individual item download page in the store and try installing it separately? That's all my advice. :( Good luck.

Aw. Thanks for the suggestion, but I've already tried that. I'll wait a few days and try again, though. Who knows? Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll work...
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited December 2013
    It sounds like it is corrupted maybe?
    edited December 2013
    Gayars, do you mind going into more detail? I have no idea what could make it corrupted. Thanks! :-)
    edited December 2013
    UPDATE:

Deleting the files in the SigsCache folder did the trick!:mrgreen: I realized I haven't deleted them in a while, so I decided to give that a try.

These are the files that gave me problems:

Platform.bin
    igs.bin

And here's my sim (although aged down:lol: ) rockin' her new do!:mrgreen:
    [img]http://lvlt.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/619/463/016/00/screenshot_original.jpg "Width=640""Height=480"[/img]

Thank you Mariesalias, knh330, Angel_D0109 and gayars for all the suggestions! :D
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited January 2014
    I am glad you figured it out before I saw your post lol. Sometimes an upload/download gets corrupted meaning something goes wrong with some of the files during upload/download and it doesn't install correctly.
  • MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited January 2014
    I am glad you were able to get it to work! :)