Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Belle Geddes Manor - a suepea build.

suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
Hi everyone! With the Holiday Exchange going for most of November and December, I had little time to do anything else except work like one of Santa's elves the night before Christmas Eve getting my presents ready for my Holiday Buddy. Once that was done, I had the time to play and explore the lovely town of Roaring Heights with it's Art Deco inspired architecture and it's references to Miami Beach, one of my favorite places on the planet.

So without further ado, I give you my newest creation:

DL Link: BelleGeddes Manor

Belle Geddes Manor.

bellegeddes1_zps1f097e1a.jpg"width=640"

bell_geddes2_zps16d420ac.jpg"width=640"

bellegeddes3_zpsa518d1a3.jpg"width=640"

bellegeddes4_zps3f7c5816.jpg"width=640"

bellegeddes5_zpsae3bf198.jpg"width=640"
h2xmsbl]

Comments

• suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited December 2013
    Belle Geddes Manor features 3 BRs, 2 full and 2 half baths, an eat-in kitchen, formal dining room, 2 story living room, family room and a large game room. The house has several balconies plus a patio with pool and outdoor kitchen. There is a workshop in the garage and for those who bought the gold edition of RH, a jalopy out front in need of repair (although it seems some Sims in the neighborhood have been stopping by to work on it for you.) Lanscaping features tropical plants and a meandering stream with fish ponds (there are fish spawners on the lot.)

Here's a few shots of the Master Suite. I think the Master Bath is my favorite of all the baths I've ever designed!

bg12_zps656e1f8b.jpg"width=640"

bg10_zps13929f4b.jpg"width=640"

bg11_zps0fd93ab0.jpg"width=640"

bg7_zps353eb1d9.jpg"width=640"

bg8_zps177ef610.jpg"width=640"

bg9_zps0f3cc52f.jpg"width=640"
    h2xmsbl]
    edited December 2013
    Here's the guest room:

bg6_zps586da920.jpg"width=640"

bg5_zpsfe017776.jpg"width=640"

And the nursery. This house was designed for my Sim couple, Allison Moon and Malcolm Stuart ( who was one of the Sims I was gifted by the very talented Ra345) Allison and Malcolm have turned out to be a lovely couple and they are engaged and expecting their first child very soon!

bg3_zps4f205fc5.jpg"width=640"

bg4_zpsdd04cf82.jpg"width=640

Post edited by Unknown User on
    h2xmsbl]
    edited December 2013
    I'm going to leave you with one last image of Allison (she's a bookworm and I can't keep her away from the library!) reading in the upstairs hallway.

BG1_zps2708905f.jpg"width=640"

Please keep in mind that these are WIP images and as the designer, I reserve the right to indescriminently change things up before posting. Like those pesky pink lights I forgot about in the Nursery! Those have to go! Or be recolored ASAP :-)

Stay tuned for more images and updates! Oh, and a DL link soon, promise.
    h2xmsbl]
    edited December 2013
    Overviews:

1stplan_zps07162c08.jpg"width=640"

1st_plan_zpsf92ea73a.jpg"width=640"

2nd_plan_zps47ad90e3.jpg"width=640"

3rd_plan_zps30e6871a.jpg"width=640"
    h2xmsbl]
    edited December 2013
    h2xmsbl]
  • Kryst51Kryst51 Posts: 2,073 Member
    edited December 2013
    Supea, I don't know if it's OK to post yet.... I hope it is. :)

This manor is gorgeous! I'm off to Rec. I haven't played with Roaring heights yet... I hope to soon though, I will have to add this build to it.

Edit: Oh, it's not up yet. :( I just realized what you meant by a Sneak Peek.... Oops!
    edited December 2013
    Kryst51 wrote:
    Supea, I don't know if it's OK to post yet.... I hope it is. :)

This manor is gorgeous! I'm off to Rec. I haven't played with Roaring heights yet... I hope to soon though, I will have to add this build to it.

Edit: Oh, it's not up yet. :( I just realized what you meant by a Sneak Peek.... Oops!

No problem, Kryst! Glad you like it enough to rec already :-)

You probably know that it sometimes takes as much time to present a build and upload it as it takes to build it!

Don't have the time today to get it all done so I thought a peek might be fun.

Hope you come back to see more.

Hugs,

Sue Pea
    h2xmsbl]
  • loobylou1985loobylou1985 Posts: 2,125 Member
    edited December 2013
    I love your build! It is the perfect art deco style, this will be going in my game for sure as I love roaring heights, but I want more of this style in my game! Everything looks so elegant and I love your colour choices. Love the double height windows too.
    Looks stunning :D:D
    edited December 2013
    I love your build! It is the perfect art deco style, this will be going in my game for sure as I love roaring heights, but I want more of this style in my game! Everything looks so elegant and I love your colour choices. Love the double height windows too.
    Looks stunning :D:D

Thanks, Loobylou! Looking forward to having some time to get it buttoned up and presentable for DL!
    h2xmsbl]
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
    edited December 2013
    What an awesome WIP Sue!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Master bed- + bathroom look fabulous and I would love to stay in that gorgeous guest room!!! :D

Will definitely be on the look-out for your upload of the finished build!!!
  • christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi Suepea, your WIP looks amazing so far, I am looking forward to seeing the finished product! :D
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    edited December 2013
    Belle Geddes Manor is a very nice home. :) Very nice exterior of it! It looks very nice how you have done the balconies fencing. The hedging lining either side of the front pathway looks great. It looks very nice how you have placed the trees and have placed the plants and stones around the base of them. It looks nice how you have used the round window walls. The stream / pond with the rock waterfall fountain looks very nice. Sims will enjoy fishing there. Very nice pool area. Sims will enjoy relaxing poolside on the loungers under the umbrella shades. It looks great how you have placed the plant sculpture in the corner nook of this area. Very pretty nearby sitting area with the corner flowers! It would be a very nice place to relax on the seats in very nice surroundings. Great outdoors cooking area. It looks great how you have set up the kitchen area. Great to have the bar counter for sims to sit up at and eat a meal . Very nice master suite. Nice shades of colour that you have used there. The bed wall pattern looks nice. Nice arm chair sitting area with the table in between the chairs and the picture on the wall for sims to look at whilst sitting there. It looks nice how you have placed the beauty items on the dressing table and have the angled seat nearby. The candle wall lights and flowers either side of the mirror and the floral photo frame on the bedside table are very nice touches. Nice type of bed that you have used which suits well the type of home. Very nice master bathroom. It looks nice how you have done the patterning of the walls. The patterned floor mat for sims to step on when going in/out of the shower looks good. It looks great how you have set up the various sections of the room, and have the lounger to sit and relax in. The bath tub alcove looks great. The guest room looks nice. Great dressing table nook between the 2 bookcases. Great study desk area for using a computer and sims will like relaxing in the corner arm chair area and reading a book The nursery looks nice. The butterfly patterning of the wall is nice. The toy animals near the window look cute. The flower floor mat looks great with the butterfly theme of the walls.
    Your WIP is looking great! :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited December 2013
    Sue, that looks amazing! :D What a gorgeous manor! Love, love, love the architecture. Good placement of windows and I love the double bedroom. Looking forward to seeing your build in the exchange. :D Merry christmas and a very Happy New Year Sue! :D
    edited December 2013
    christinebremner Thanks for taking a look at my build and for your kind comments!

Hidehi Thanks, hon! I agree with you about the guest room. That and the Master Bath are my favorite rooms in this build! Thanks for your comments :-)

rosemow Your words always brighten my day! Thank you for taking the time to give such detailed feedback. I hope the Holidays were good to you and the New Year brings good things!

yanti You are a dear! Best of everything to you and yours in the coming year.

h2xmsbl]
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    edited December 2013
    It is great that you have now finished and uploaded the Manor. It is a very nice home! :) Great design of the kitchen . It looks great how you have done the tiling of the kitchen wall area behind the stove. The lemonade jug on the counter looks great, and nice to have the fish bowl there to look at whilst preparing food. The larger bar counter area looks great. Very nice upper landing sitting area for sims to relax on the comfortable sofa and arm chair seating and watch tv/ play video games, or have a read of a book from the bookcases. Great to have the darts board there, which suits the type of home it is. It looks nice how you have placed the plants either side of the door which leads out to the balcony. The pictures on the wall near the stairs are nice for sims to see when reaching the top of the stairs or are about to go downstairs. It looks great how you have separated off a gym area using the half wall/fencing , for sims to keep fit. Great to have the easel there too for sims to enjoy doing some painting. Very nice dining area. Nice type of dining seats that you have used. The vase of flowers on the table are nice for sims to see when dining there. Nice wall pattern that you have used there. The drink trollley looks great. Child sims will have fun playing in the playground. Very nice photo that you have taken of your build at night time with the city buildings in the background! It looks great! Great outdoors kitchen area for sims to enjoy cooking on the grill and eating the meal at he br counter. The lantern lights there look nice. It looks nice how you have placed the water fall fountain on the side of the pool for sims to see when resting on the loungers or swimming in the pool. Sims will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub. Very nice upper balcony area for sims to relax on the loungers whilst having a drink from the nearby bar . The living and music room looks very nice. Nice comfortable seats for sims to relax in front of the fireplace , and listen to the music being played. Sims will enjoy playing the various musical instruments there either alone, or jamming with family sims or friends. Great to have the bar there for sims to have a drink whilst listening to other sims playing. The mirror on the wall suits well the home. The pink roses on the table is a nice touch.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited December 2013
    I adore this build. I REALLY do! Everything about it captures the Art Deco theme so well with numerous details and lovely little touches. Thank you very much for sharing this manor, Suepea. You have done such an excellent job! :D
  • GreenDream19GreenDream19 Posts: 1,294 Member
    edited December 2013
    Stunning build Suepea! You've captured the roaring 20s sooooo perfectly with this house, the Deco design is spot on! This has gone straight to my favs! :D
    edited December 2013
    samiam662 wrote:
    I adore this build. I REALLY do! Everything about it captures the Art Deco theme so well with numerous details and lovely little touches. Thank you very much for sharing this manor, Suepea. You have done such an excellent job! :D

Thanks so very much, Samiam! I love Art Deco, love South Beach, so this was a really fun build for me.
    h2xmsbl]
    edited December 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    It is great that you have now finished and uploaded the Manor. It is a very nice home! :) Great design of the kitchen . It looks great how you have done the tiling of the kitchen wall area behind the stove. The lemonade jug on the counter looks great, and nice to have the fish bowl there to look at whilst preparing food. The larger bar counter area looks great. Very nice upper landing sitting area for sims to relax on the comfortable sofa and arm chair seating and watch tv/ play video games, or have a read of a book from the bookcases. Great to have the darts board there, which suits the type of home it is. It looks nice how you have placed the plants either side of the door which leads out to the balcony. The pictures on the wall near the stairs are nice for sims to see when reaching the top of the stairs or are about to go downstairs. It looks great how you have separated off a gym area using the half wall/fencing , for sims to keep fit. Great to have the easel there too for sims to enjoy doing some painting. Very nice dining area. Nice type of dining seats that you have used. The vase of flowers on the table are nice for sims to see when dining there. Nice wall pattern that you have used there. The drink trollley looks great. Child sims will have fun playing in the playground. Very nice photo that you have taken of your build at night time with the city buildings in the background! It looks great! Great outdoors kitchen area for sims to enjoy cooking on the grill and eating the meal at he br counter. The lantern lights there look nice. It looks nice how you have placed the water fall fountain on the side of the pool for sims to see when resting on the loungers or swimming in the pool. Sims will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub. Very nice upper balcony area for sims to relax on the loungers whilst having a drink from the nearby bar . The living and music room looks very nice. Nice comfortable seats for sims to relax in front of the fireplace , and listen to the music being played. Sims will enjoy playing the various musical instruments there either alone, or jamming with family sims or friends. Great to have the bar there for sims to have a drink whilst listening to other sims playing. The mirror on the wall suits well the home. The pink roses on the table is a nice touch.
    It is a very nice home! :)

Many thanks, dear Rose!
    h2xmsbl]
    edited December 2013
    Stunning build Suepea! You've captured the roaring 20s sooooo perfectly with this house, the Deco design is spot on! This has gone straight to my favs! :D

Thank you, GD! I am so happy you like it!
    h2xmsbl]
  • jennytrujennytru Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hello Sue =) Your manor is a beautiful build! The master bath is arranged in a very lovely way and the tile usage make the room really pop! Great work!
    Moonstone.jpg

• Angel_D0109Angel_D0109 Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited December 2013
    Beautiful home, suepea!

I love love all the detail and patterns used. The architecture and furnishings suit Roaring Heights perfectly! Even though I don't own that world I could totally tell the home is built for it and it just screams modernized art deco. The pool area looks lovely and relaxing, as do the bedrooms. They would be a nice getaway from the outside world for our sims. The overall house looks like a resort and a place for relaxation (don't we all wish we lived in a place like that?). I can also see your Miami Beach inspiration shine through. The nursery is very cute and would be perfect for your expecting couple, same with the playground just outside.
  • saitouamysaitouamy Posts: 1,104 Member
    edited December 2013
    The Manor looks beautiful, suepea! The landscape looks wonderful with exteriors. Interiors are gorgeous also, love the sophisticated guest room especially :D Left you a rec!
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited December 2013
    YAY you finished the build! :D It is looking amazing! Love, love the architecture and the landscaping! Great job! Left you a recommendation. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited December 2013
    Absolutely stunning build! :D
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com