Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Swapping unwanted X-mas gifts - I'm offering TS3-Late Night code

Merry X-mas Simming friends,

Santa was too nice to me this year: He gave me a code for Late Night but I already own it. I talked to CS but they say they can't swap games. Maybe one of you is interested in it and has one of the following things to swap (your code has to be UNUSED of course):
- Store stuff
- 70s, 80s, 90s

Have a nice day,
Erja888
I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS

Comments

• Luke2153Luke2153 Posts: 538 Member
    edited December 2013
    Argh wish I could but Late Night is coming the mail for me right now :(
    large.jpg
  • pegasas1993pegasas1993 Posts: 4,856 Member
    edited December 2013
    Are you talking about the same code that you won here as I still don't see it registered on your page?
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited December 2013
    Luke2153 wrote:
    Argh wish I could but Late Night is coming the mail for me right now :(

That's okay. Maybe I can find somebody else who wants to have/swap this game?
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
    edited December 2013
    Does anybody want to swap this game today? :P
  • ZeChouettZeChouett Posts: 1,637 Member
    edited December 2013
    Erja888 wrote:
    Does anybody want to swap this game today? :P

I already have this EP... Sorry :?
  • Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited December 2013
    Wait, are you trying to swap the code you won in my lottery?

Or, did you receive another code as a Christmas present and (due to winning my lottery) you don't need Late Night?

I feel a little weird about this, just because I intended my code to go to someone who either needed Late Night or had a specific person in mind they wanted to give it to.
  • Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited December 2013
    But honestly, I don't think anyone who needs Late Night has another code on hand for any games or store worlds. Especially since Late Night is not so expensive right now with sales.

For instance, here it is at Amazon.com for $7.99: http://www.amazon.com/The-Sims-Late-Night-Expansion/dp/B00452VGXO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388086395&sr=8-1&keywords=late+night

Or Origin for $11.99: https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/sims-3-late-night-ep3-/mac-pc-download/addon/the-sims-3-late-night-expansion-pack-ANW.html

Honestly, these trades always rub me the wrong way. Not saying no one can take you up on it if they want to, just that given you can buy this EP right now for $8, trading for a $20 venue seems a bit unfair...

If I were you, I'd host a lottery with the code, or maybe some kind of CAS/building contest with the code as a prize.
  • ForeverFranconiaForeverFranconia Posts: 2,154 Member
    edited December 2013
    I would love to have it...but I have nothing to give in return, and that isn't fair to you at all!
  • TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Ooh, a white elephant exchange! I love those. My aunt and uncle had one this year -- it was awesome! I'd take that copy of Into The Future, but I have nothing to exchange. Alas! Well, I'm saving up for it, and I'll have it soon. Good luck to everybody!

EDIT: Oops, misread. I didn't realize you were looking for a copy of ITF, not offering one. Alas, I still can't participate.
  • loobylou1985loobylou1985 Posts: 2,125 Member
    edited December 2013
    its wrong if this is a code you won to now try and swap it for something worth so much more, these late night codes cost people a lot less due the humble bundle and people including myself gave these codes away I in fact gave 2 sets of bundles away as my dad got me a second one so I could hold contests and even able to give codes to my friends.

Also wrong if you entered a contest for the code and now you want to swap it when someone in that contest could of used the code, if the case is you got another code for Christmas then fair enough but as pointed out the value of items you are requesting exceeds the value of late night a lot
  • KillerQueenKatyKillerQueenKaty Posts: 187 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I have Katy Perry Sweet Treats, but sadly I already registered the code on my backup account. :(
    edited December 2013
    LN can be bought cheaper than any item on the list. It's not a really good trade I think.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited December 2013
    @loobylou1985, actually, it was me who nominated him there as I thought that he doesn't own and want it.
    edited January 2014
    Jojo777 wrote:
    But honestly, I don't think anyone who needs Late Night has another code on hand for any games or store worlds. Especially since Late Night is not so expensive right now with sales.

For instance, here it is at Amazon.com for $7.99: http://www.amazon.com/The-Sims-Late-Night-Expansion/dp/B00452VGXO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388086395&sr=8-1&keywords=late+night

Or Origin for $11.99: https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/sims-3-late-night-ep3-/mac-pc-download/addon/the-sims-3-late-night-expansion-pack-ANW.html

Honestly, these trades always rub me the wrong way. Not saying no one can take you up on it if they want to, just that given you can buy this EP right now for $8, trading for a $20 venue seems a bit unfair...

If I were you, I'd host a lottery with the code, or maybe some kind of CAS/building contest with the code as a prize.

Thanks for pointing out the paying situation in the U.S. because in Germany (even with the current Origin sale) Late Night (about 21 €) cost still more than a Store venue (about 14 €).

Regarding the code: I was gifted a code for LN by a friend (used to be my exchange student 10 years ago) via e-mail. Your code (Jojo777) is intended for a RL friend of mine I will meet in January. I own LN ever since it was released.

Edit: Typo :roll:
    edited December 2013
    LN can be bought cheaper than any item on the list. It's not a really good trade I think.
    Is that also correct for stuff packs on sale? (I can't check the American site as I'm always directed to the German one.)
    edited December 2013
    I can't see American site as well. However, I can see that EA restored LATE NIGHT price on Origin. I guess that stuff packs at the moment are equal to it.
  • tkbluebasketballtkbluebasketball Posts: 4,495 Member
    edited December 2013
    So Right now Late night on Amazon and Origin is $11.99.

Decades Stuff pack is $11.99 on Origin.

Movie Stuff pack is $11.99 on Amazon and Origin.

So Basically it is a fair deal for right now. But it might change when sales end.

Also for Store Stuff to make it fair they could gift you 1,200 points worth of stuff or less.

This is the American Site I am looking at. :P

But to be honest a lot of people have late night and usually it is always on sale for $7.99 so I think your best bet is just to have a lotto or give it to a friend. :)

Is this 2nd code from Jojo's lotto? If it is, I would ask her what to do with it.

EDIT: I see Late Night is worth more in Germany but worth less in America. So right now since the majority of sim users live in the US, you would have to what deals are in the US. Or in the UK ( Since a lot of people live in the UK too)
  • TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Jojo777 wrote:
    Wait, are you trying to swap the code you won in my lottery?

Or, did you receive another code as a Christmas present and (due to winning my lottery) you don't need Late Night?

I feel a little weird about this, just because I intended my code to go to someone who either needed Late Night or had a specific person in mind they wanted to give it to.

i was so close to winning LN! but my luck lol

asmuch as i want LN ill just buy it from amazon for 7.99... if i can get someone in my family to order it =\
    edited December 2013
    So Right now Late night on Amazon and Origin is $11.99.

Decades Stuff pack is $11.99 on Origin.

Movie Stuff pack is $11.99 on Amazon and Origin.

So Basically it is a fair deal for right now. But it might change when sales end.

Also for Store Stuff to make it fair they could gift you 1,200 points worth of stuff or less.

This is the American Site I am looking at. :P

But to be honest a lot of people have late night and usually it is always on sale for $7.99 so I think your best bet is just to have a lotto or give it to a friend. :)

Is this 2nd code from Jojo's lotto? If it is, I would ask her what to do with it.

EDIT: I see Late Night is worth more in Germany but worth less in America. So right now since the majority of sim users live in the US, you would have to what deals are in the US. Or in the UK ( Since a lot of people live in the UK too)

I think I adjusted what I'd like to have for trade to the US market (no more ITF, no more KPST, no more Store venue).
  • ForeverFranconiaForeverFranconia Posts: 2,154 Member
    edited December 2013
    *grumbes* I knew I should've gotten LN when it was cheaper...me and my conscience! Now it's gonna drive me crazy until I own it!

Anyway, good luck to anyone who gets it.
    edited February 2014
    I checked amazon.com today and Late Night is up to $ 19.99.
    Does anyone want to trade it now?