Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

RaCreations! New WIP on pg8!

Ra345Ra345 Posts: 3,941 Member
Welcome to my thread! Thank you for taking the time to peek in and see what I have done. :)

So, I must admit I'm a newbie to building. When I do build, it's rather boxy and just for me, I usually don't intend to upload anything. However, recently I've been starting to experiment and expand the things I can do within build/buy mode. That made me feel confident enough to join the Homemade Holiday Gift Exchange 2013. So, it seems natural that when I begin my very own CC thread, I would begin by sharing with you all the creations I have done for my secret gifting buddy. :wink:

Comments

• Ra345Ra345 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited December 2013
    Dear Suepea,

Guess what! I'm your secret gifting buddy! *cheers* so, when I first got your name I was like "Who?" because I couldn't remember seeing you on the forums before. So I dug. I may have done a bit more "research" than required, but I wanted to get a feel for who you were. I couldn't believe I didn't remember your screen name! I've seen you lots of times on the forums and had just forgotten :oops: . Once I had gotten my footing, I went and read your letter. Well, you can imagine how nervous I was when I got to the end and you wanted a tea house - I had never even attempted a community lot before! I braced myself and went to Google (it's your friend you know) - but there are so many kinds of tea houses! :shock: I started getting super nervous, what if I chose the wrong kind?! I wanted so badly to make you something you would love, so I thought perhaps a peek in your studio would give me an idea as to which kind you would like. I nearly fell off the couch! My buddy has amazing creations in her studio, is obviously a good builder, and has been featured!

It may have taken a bit of time and inspiration photos to get me going, but I got there. In the end, I have created four gifts for you. I really do hope you enjoy them, and I'll be spacing them out a bit over the rest of the gifting period so you have things to look forward to. The gift I would like to share with you is the one that I created most recently, he's a lovely sim! One can always use more sim men, right? So without further adieu, I present Malcolm Stuart.

Screenshot-120_zpsa7b0179c.jpg

Malcolm Stuart is a young adult, and is a fairly relaxed guy. He, like many others, has big dreams. He dreams of becoming a rock star someday and wooing his fans. The music, the lights, the fame - that's the life for him. Does he have the ambition to achieve his goal?

Screenshot-121_zps5655ddf6.jpg

Here's another shot of Malcolm in his everyday wear, I thought this one made him look rather handsome so I needed to share.

Screenshot-125_zpsd23e1182.jpg

The extra shot of Malcolm in his athletic wear. He's such a guy :lol:

Screenshot-122_zps39569302.jpg

This is one of my favourite photos of Malcolm. I call it "Waiting for Ms. Right". He's in his formal attire here, and I was just thrilled with how it came out. simotography is not exactly my strong suit :lol: but I did my best.

So there you have it! I really hope you enjoy him as much as I enjoyed creating him. I'll upload your second gift tomorrow sometime in the afternoon. :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • GoddessHekateGoddessHekate Posts: 1,517 Member
    edited December 2013
    Oh he is cuuuuute! rec'd!

Your url box thing didn't work though, so I copied/pasted the link into a new browser.

Edit: You need one more ] bracket between [url and the part that begins http
    edited December 2013
    Thank you for letting me know :) and thank you for the compliment as well! :D
  • suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited December 2013
    Oh. My. Goodness!

I really wasn't expecting anything when I opened the thread this morning and then . . .

There was your lovely note and gift!

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for the kind words about my builds and especially, for Malcolm!

I am running off to get him into my game RIGHT NOW!!!! I hope he likes living in Roaring Heights because I have a new Sim living there he really needs to meet. :-)

You are so very sweet! I am one lucky Holiday Exchange Buddy!
    h2xmsbl]
    edited December 2013
    I am so relieved you like him! I had a moment where I thought you wouldn't since you don't like primary colours :lol:

Make sure you check the thread tomorrow, I have more to come! :D
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    edited December 2013
    Malcolm Stuart is a very nice sim :) Great outfits that he is wearing. The photos that you have taken of him are nice. I hope that he achieves his goal of becoming a rock star!
    It is great that you have started a showcase thread here in Creative Corner. I will look forward to visiting your thread and seeing your sims and builds. :)
    edited December 2013
    Awe, thank you so much rosemow! :) That's such a lovely thing to say. I'm looking forward to my next upload sometime tomorrow afternoon :D
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi Ra345! I love Malcom! And the poses you put him in .... niiiiiiiice!! Was just at your studio giving him a big fat rec!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited December 2013
    Hi Ra!

Just wanted to let you know that Malcolm Stuart may have met the love of his life. Turns out that after he arrived in Roaring Heights, almost penniless, the sudden death of a distant relative (ok, and a cheat or two on the part of the creator -- note the small "c") left him fairly comfortably well off. To celebrate (since he's not yet used to having it all) he paid a visit to the local Coffeehouse where he had a chance meeting with a certain Ms. Allison Moon. The rest is history (yet to be written.)

Here they are when they realize they are more than just friends.

25ji538.jpg"width=640"

and here's their first kiss:

2nlft5h.jpg"width=640"

The question is: will Malcolm make it past the scrutinizing eyes of Allison's extremely well off and snooty family? Can a rich girl learn to love a musician from the wrong side of town?
    h2xmsbl]
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited December 2013
    Your sims look fantastic! Congratulations on starting your own thread and I look forward to seeing more of your creations :D
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
    edited December 2013
    Thank you everyone! It's such a great feeling to put something out there and have it get positive responses.

To my darling secret santa suepea, I am very sorry your second gift is running late. My launcher is having a spat with my studio. So in the meantime, here is a sneak peek at what you'll be getting:

Screenshot-117_zps05d5e563.jpg
    edited December 2013
    Ra345 wrote:
    Thank you everyone! It's such a great feeling to put something out there and have it get positive responses.

To my darling secret santa suepea, I am very sorry your second gift is running late. My launcher is having a spat with my studio. So in the meantime, here is a sneak peek at what you'll be getting:

Screenshot-117_zps05d5e563.jpg

:mrgreen:

This is so exciting!
    h2xmsbl]
    edited December 2013
    After many hours of trying to figure out why my launcher and studio were having a spat, I finally managed to help them patch things up. :) So now dear suepea I may present you with your second gift!

In your letter, you said you'd love a tea house. Well you can imagine the panic - a newbie builder who has never built a community lot? What kind of tea house? - you get the idea. In the end, I chose to create this one. Now before I show you any photos of the actual build I must tell you three things I have a fondness for that should become apparent when you see the photos:
    1. Water features
    2. Small lots
    3. The colour green (which works well with you saying you'd rather not have primary colours)

Now, while I originally built this in Sunset valley, I have taken some photos of it from Apaloosa Plains, and I felt that it fit nicely there as well. The idea was to have it fit wherever you wanted it to while still keeping the very themed approach. Also, I am in no way an expert builder/decorator but I spent a lot of time trying to make it the best i could for you. So, without further adieu I shall present the Green Tea Palace!

Screenshot-110_zps0ea2feec.jpg

This is a front view of the building

Screenshot-93_zps874607d1.jpg

As I previously stated, I enjoy water features and felt a more asian themed location would have them as well so I was sure to include one.

Screenshot-94_zpsbbd23a96.jpg

Screenshot-95_zps2c340f71.jpg

Behind some of the seating is a door to a small washroom for patrons on the lot. This photo shows what the area around the washroom door looks like. The washroom itself is small and I simply could not get a photo of it that didn't have an awful fishbowl effect, I'm sorry about that.

Screenshot-118_zps6cf39791.jpg

Here is a photo of the outside dining area at night (I don't know if this transfers, but I have all the lights set to flame) because I thought it looked really pretty and wanted to share it with you.

Screenshot-111_zps1d9c290a.jpg

Not in the mood for food or drink? Well the Green Tea Palace also features a lovely garden full of small surprises for you and any children you may bring along! This is a photo of the gate to enter into it.

Screenshot-115_zps7485c4b1.jpg

One of these hidden treasures is this fountain. (I told you I like water features :lol: ) it looks just lovely at night, and I can just imagine a sim coming to meditate around it. At least, that's what my tester sim chose to do.

Screenshot-112_zps27862ee3.jpg

Further in you'll find this lovely toy for any children who can't seem to sit still while the adults have tea and snacks. (See where your sneak peek came from? :P )

Screenshot-113_zps132f4662.jpg

All of these areas are also fairly private, this photo here is taken from close to the included swing set, and behind those bushes is the spring rider. You can hardly see that or the fountain! Perfect for playing and finding your inner peace.

Screenshot-114_zps860f1a73.jpg

Another area for children to play in, and this image also shows you what the back of the Green Tea Palace looks like. :)

I'd like to conclude our tour by saying that I'm sorry for having some of the photos from buy/build mode. My game has been rather finicky about Live mode so I wanted to make sure I had them, and then my game rebelled and I wasn't able to go there in Live mode to take more :lol: But this should give you a good idea about what the lot looks like. I'm rather proud of it, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it for you!
  • jennytrujennytru Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hello! I love your Green Tea House! Great idea for a hangout =)
    Moonstone.jpg

edited December 2013
    Oh, Ra! The Green Tea Palace is lovely! It's perfect and I just finished placing it in Roaring Heights so Malcolm and his new love, Allison Moon, can go there for a cuppa! I love the Asian theme. You did a wonderful job with the decor.

I love it!

Thank you so very much!

Oh dear -- part of me wishes my lovely hubby didn't work out of the house so I could spend the rest of the day playing Sims!

:roll:
    h2xmsbl]
    edited December 2013
    Green Tea Palace is a very nice place for our sims to enjoy visiting for a drink and to eat. Very nice exterior of it! It looks great how you have done the roofing. Very nice Asian theme of the build. The type of windows that you have used look great. Great fencing that you have used. It looks nice that you have placed the sign board outside the building. it looks great how you have set up the outside dining tables and chairs. Nice type of seats and tables you have used and Sims will enjoy being outdoors in the air, enjoying eating/drinking in the sunshine through the day and under the starry skies at night. Nice water feature for sims to see as they are about to enter into the building. Nice shade of green that you used for the interior. The paintings on the wall look great. Child sims will have fun playing on the playground equipment and in the sand pit outdoors. It looks nice that that you have fenced and gated the playground area off.
    It is a very nice place for our sims to enjoy spending time and a very special gift. :)
    edited December 2013
    Thank you both so much for your kind words. It was a lot of fun building it and I'm excited to share the next gift I have for suepea ;)
  • MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited December 2013
    Oh wow ! Is Malcolm ever so handsome ! I'm going to rec and download after I write this :)
    edited December 2013
    To my dearest secret santa, suepea:

It's that time again! Today I have a different gift for you, it's not a build or a sim. This time, I am giving you the gift of a family. I spent a fair amount of time making them unique and creating their back story. Don't worry, I won't keep you in suspense much longer. May I have the pleasure of presenting you with the Crumblebottom family.

Screenshot-68b_zps2f3f8d2d.jpg

The household has three member, Thomas, Pauline and Elizabeth. Elizabeth and Thomas are siblings from the Crumblebottom clan, and Pauline is Thomas' beautiful wife. You'll learn more about their family history tomorrow ;)

Elizabeth is a bit of a wild child, though she is slowly growing out of it. She's a university student who dreams of becoming a famous actress. Her older brother is much more grounded, he dreams of becoming a CEO of a Mego Corporation and being able to have both power and a great family. Pauline works at the local school, and dreams of having children of her own to love and care for.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do, I grew rather attached while I was prepping them for you. They each have skills - Thomas and Pauline should even have university degrees!. I kept Elizabeth within their household to keep all the family ties in order, but you don't have to keep them together.
    edited December 2013
    The family of sims are very nice. :) Great background details to them so far, and I will look forward to reading more abut their family history tomorrow! :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited December 2013
    Green Tea Palace looks so cute! I love the Asian design and the decor! Recommended. :D
  • NanatoriumNanatorium Posts: 3,445 Member
    edited December 2013
    Oooh The Crumblebottoms look very interesting, Ra, and I just love the way your asian teahouse turned out.

Can't wait to learn more about the Crumblebottoms!
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited December 2013
    I agree with Nana. You did a great job, Ra! Waiting with anticipation on the Crumplebottom's story. The sneaky peek sounds like the rest of the story is going to be just as great. :D
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited December 2013
    Ra -- the Crumblebottoms look amazing :-)

Really, I am sitting here at my computer grinning from ear to ear.

Thank you so much for all my wonderful gifts. You have made my first Holiday Exchange more than memorable.

Now I am off to DRF and get those lovelies into my game!

2i269o0.gif
    h2xmsbl]