Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Script error when launcher pops up

I keep getting a script error when my launcher pops up. I did read I few threads before posting saying I maybe needed to delete a slider or I needed to update windows. I have updated windows and the only slider I had was a lip slider mod which I have removed. I am including a screen shot. 75bd44a2-f002-4ab4-a9d2-3a2f7389d32b_zps1f0aa467.png

Comments

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited December 2013
    hi darkwidow11

most script errors are generated by outdated programs many used by your web browser - so check its plugins for updates and clean out history and cache
  • darkwidow11darkwidow11 Posts: 601 Member
    edited December 2013
    Thank you Ceejay for the quick response. Are you referring to the history and cache in my sims folder or somewhere on the computer?
    edited December 2013
    you bet, i mean your web browser's history and cache

which browser do you use ?
  • vonhaussenvonhaussen Posts: 270 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I had that same problem. What I do daily is clear out the cache programs.
    Look under documents, look for EA Games Downloads (Or something like that) and click on it. Then you'll find a list of items.
    Click on and delete the following:
    caspartcache
    compositorcache
    scriptcache
    simcomporitorcache
    socialcache
    user???cache (forget the exact wording)

IF it has a little red symbol to the left of it, like an Adobe Reader sign, those are the ones you're to delete daily. They will reset themselves each time you play.

• darkwidow11darkwidow11 Posts: 601 Member
    edited December 2013
    Chrome.
    edited December 2013
    vonhaussen wrote:
    I had that same problem. What I do daily is clear out the cache programs.
    Look under documents, look for EA Games Downloads (Or something like that) and click on it. Then you'll find a list of items.
    Click on and delete the following:
    caspartcache
    compositorcache
    scriptcache
    simcomporitorcache
    socialcache
    user???cache (forget the exact wording)

IF it has a little red symbol to the left of it, like an Adobe Reader sign, those are the ones you're to delete daily. They will reset themselves each time you play.

thanks vonhaussen though i do mean web browser not game data files
  • vonhaussenvonhaussen Posts: 270 New Member
    edited December 2013
    CeeJay402: I kept getting the same identical script error as darkwidow11. The problem was in the data files because I didn't do anything with my web browser.
    edited December 2013
    Chrome.

ok here's chrome plug in page https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/142064?hl=en

glad something worked vonhaussen - though do check browser plugins for updates for security purposes the number one reason for computer virus infection is outdated web programs, HTH
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited December 2013
    Here's something else to help because these mean the launcher might be broken and have to be replaced.The link is right HERE.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg