Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cupcake Factory Confirmed!

We have barely survived months with no information about The Sims 4 at all. There's finally more info now, slowly but surely.
SimGuruGraham started out on ModTheSims answering some questions. Then went on about woohoo and scrambled eggs on twitter. Now he's on about a brand new object coming in The Sims 4, the Cupcake Factory.

Oh boy, a whole factory as an object? How does that work? Well, in the tweet he stated that the Make Me an Offer Machine here on The Sims 3 store pages "looks suspiciously like the Cupcake Factory in The Sims 4".

If you're not familiar with Make Me an Offer, here is what he's talking about:

sOjt1WG.png

Yes, it's the same as the Toy Machine Premium Content from the Toy Shop venue in the store.

And last but not least, the tweet itself.
LGwqMhy.png

Edit:

This isn't new! One of the magazines that posted about The Sims 4 covered this, including some information about it.

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-ncDN1QPkhlM/Ug5CNDcbmYI/AAAAAAAAhA4/LZ4loP61DQY/sims4magazine04.png[/img]

"There will be plenty of new items designed for The Sims 4. This cupcake making machine takes up a lot of room and won't do a lot for the waistline, but the buffs are well worth it"

This sounds like a great item for the game :)

Comments

• v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited December 2013
    There was a image of it in the magazines.
    jr73Y.gif

• EivindbroenEivindbroen Posts: 223 New Member
    edited December 2013
    v12creator wrote:
    There was a image of it in the magazines.

Thanks for reminding me of that, I totally forgot :lol:
    Adding picture from the magazine now.
  • TheHellerSweetieTheHellerSweetie Posts: 463 Member
    edited December 2013
    .... a machine JUST to make cupcakes? How about making it a "baked goods" factory? I could just smell the sugar cookies :D
    edited December 2013
    I belive it is very similar to the chocolate machine from thesims2.
    jr73Y.gif

• keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    edited December 2013
    Looks like focus is slowly being shifted back to the sims 4. First the scrambled eggs, now the cupcake machine. Wonder how much longer until more new stuff.
  • RGlover641RGlover641 Posts: 38 Member
    edited December 2013
    Simsvip always updates new info about sims 4 when it comes out. This page is really neat:

http://simsvip.com/2013/05/07/the-sims-4-fact-sheet/
    edited December 2013
    RGlover641 wrote:
    Simsvip always updates new info about sims 4 when it comes out. This page is really neat:

http://simsvip.com/2013/05/07/the-sims-4-fact-sheet/

SimsVip dosnt have anything that people in TS4 forum doesnt already knows.
    jr73Y.gif

• Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited December 2013
    Again......no new info.I knew about this months ago....sick and tired of the lack of new info for a $70 price tag on a game we know little to nothing about.....again....I think they should shut their mouth till they are ready to say if it's an open world or not...now that's new......how many towns are there......now that's new......why can't they give us anything new
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited December 2013
    That looks seriously like the chocolate machine from sims 2 . I hope to goodness Ea are not just going to change old stuff slightly and dump it into sims 4 .
    Let the staff be creative and design new items please instead of being cheap and tacky by changing old items
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited December 2013
    It reminds me of the toy making machine in Sims 3. :D
    edited December 2013
    sunman502 wrote:
    It reminds me of the toy making machine in Sims 3. :D

its the same from make an offer.
    jr73Y.gif

edited December 2013
    That looks seriously like the chocolate machine from sims 2 . I hope to goodness Ea are not just going to change old stuff slightly and dump it into sims 4 .
    Let the staff be creative and design new items please instead of being cheap and tacky by changing old items

I dont mind they making retakes as long as they make them right with full playability and maybe improved.

And as long AS THEY DO NOT TROW IT INTO A FREAKING STUPID OVERPRICED STORE!!! Are you kiding me? i lost the count of how many EPs and Store packs you have to buy just to get the same content of Thesims2 Freetime!

By the way, it may probably work in the same way, but at last, the design and the product are diferent.

Culinary_Career_Reward.jpg
    jr73Y.gif

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited December 2013
    v12creator wrote:

I dont mind they making retakes as long as they make them right with full playability and maybe improved.

And as long AS THEY DO NOT TROW IT INTO A FREAKING STUPID OVERPRICED STORE!!! Are you kiding me? i lost the count of how many EPs and Store packs you have to buy just to get the same content of Thesims2 Freetime!

By the way, it may probably work in the same way, but at last, the design and the product are diferent.

I don't mind if they remake the holiday stuff. It makes for a festive game play, if they do remake the holiday stuff. :D
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,991 Member
    edited December 2013
    Eivindbroen,

I wonder if we'll be able to place this object on community lots. Than we could make a literal cupcake factory. :D
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited December 2013
    sunman502 wrote:
    v12creator wrote:

I don't mind if they remake the holiday stuff. It makes for a festive game play, if they do remake the holiday stuff. :D

I really hope in TS4 we get a lot of festive/holiday content. For example, TS1 and TS2 both had a functional Santa Claus. In TS2, you were able to really go all out decorating your house for christmas. And once you purchased a Christmas tree, baked Santa cookies, and waited until midnight, the Santa Sim would come and give gifts. Of course, TS3 didn't have it (as usual).

27898-THE%20SIMS%20HOLIDAY%20STUFF.jpg
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited December 2013
    Again......no new info.I knew about this months ago....sick and tired of the lack of new info for a $70 price tag on a game we know little to nothing about.....again....I think they should shut their mouth till they are ready to say if it's an open world or not...now that's new......how many towns are there......now that's new......why can't they give us anything new

Well for one thing it isn’t out for almost another year. Patience is a virtue :)
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited December 2013

^THIS^
  • jirlucfanjirlucfan Posts: 447 Member
    edited December 2013
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    sunman502 wrote:
    v12creator wrote:

I really hope in TS4 we get a lot of festive/holiday content. For example, TS1 and TS2 both had a functional Santa Claus. In TS2, you were able to really go all out decorating your house for christmas. And once you purchased a Christmas tree, baked Santa cookies, and waited until midnight, the Santa Sim would come and give gifts. Of course, TS3 didn't have it (as usual).

27898-THE%20SIMS%20HOLIDAY%20STUFF.jpg

I hope they do this again! We need more holiday stuff! Maybe a remake of this stuff pack with new things?
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited December 2013
    A cupcake factory, huh?

Just what my sims always wanted. :roll: :lol:

By now they should tell us about something less superficial than that.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2013
    Cup cake 'factory' would imply I can box up those little goodies and sell them to the public like in TS2. Hopefully it's not a career reward like in TS2 but an actual OFB object to be used in my own shop..but I doubt that.

Couldn't sell the candy from the candy maker career reward. But I can see where cubcake 'factory' might actually box them and let me sell them in a shop..and not on the side of the road like the lame TS3 lemonade stand..worst object ever, since it didn't work correctly. Too many bugs in that thing and again TS2's version was better.

And EA, think about adding bhavs to it that allow an employee to actually make the cupcakes if you have any plans in the future to bring us a real OFB EP in TS4.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • adriennerp1978adriennerp1978 Posts: 38 New Member
    edited December 2013
    We have barely survived months with no information about The Sims 4 at all. There's finally more info now, slowly but surely.
    SimGuruGraham started out on ModTheSims answering some questions. Then went on about woohoo and scrambled eggs on twitter. Now he's on about a brand new object coming in The Sims 4, the Cupcake Factory.

Oh boy, a whole factory as an object? How does that work? Well, in the tweet he stated that the Make Me an Offer Machine here on The Sims 3 store pages "looks suspiciously like the Cupcake Factory in The Sims 4".

If you're not familiar with Make Me an Offer, here is what he's talking about:

sOjt1WG.png

Yes, it's the same as the Toy Machine Premium Content from the Toy Shop venue in the store.

And last but not least, the tweet itself.
    LGwqMhy.png

Edit:

This isn't new! One of the magazines that posted about The Sims 4 covered this, including some information about it.

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-ncDN1QPkhlM/Ug5CNDcbmYI/AAAAAAAAhA4/LZ4loP61DQY/sims4magazine04.png[/img]

"There will be plenty of new items designed for The Sims 4. This cupcake making machine takes up a lot of room and won't do a lot for the waistline, but the buffs are well worth it"

This sounds like a great item for the game :)
    :D COOL! Maybe they'll have Open for Business so we can sell them in our bakeries.
    edited December 2013
    At last it gonna be funny if they can eat the cupcakes from the machine like in TS2 chocolate machine lol.
    jr73Y.gif