Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which family? Which property? Your first taste of Island Paradise!

SO... I was incredibly excited to play IP and bought it in a hurry as soon as I saw the game was on sale a week ago! :-)

I've moved in my own custom family into 15 Dolphin Lane - a massive property!

wei9.jpg

I've barely had the time to explore the island just yet...

How bout you? How did you decide to start playing IP?

Comments

• Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited December 2013

Well, I decided to play IP before I could buy it, so I preordered it, also to get the "gold edition", because I wanted to play castaway. No snow on my islands, because I don't have Seasons. I rushed to the store to buy IP when it landed, and had lots of fun. My castaway sim just "bought" a tiny island and built a small home there, and lived off fishing and producing plants.

When I had played some months, several bugs occured: My sim got spit out of the diving caves much too often, and the mermaids didn't get their fish tails when they aged up. My self employed sim couldn't stay on a hotel. When I had installed the long waited patch, only the last problem was solved the first two percisted and still do. This has kept me from buying more for my game, sadly told. :cry:
  • Options
    Blondie019Blondie019 Posts: 1,099 Member
    edited December 2013
    I pre-ordered IP in June and when it came out I didn't add it to my game right away because I wasn't feeling good at all, but the next day I was feeling better so when my game was finished installing I went in-game and created a single sim and bought her the cheapest houseboat so she could keep some money to buy other things. She eventually got her diving skill high enough to go diving and one day when she went diving she met Triton King got some kelp from him then asked him if he wanted to come over. When he came over I saved the game so if I didn't want to keep the baby they were going to have I could just go back and not have them try for baby. I ended up keeping the baby because when she aged up into a toddler she was the cutest thing I'd ever seen. I named her Serena and now I'm trying to find two cute teen boys for Serena's teenage twins to date and marry when they move out, and her toddler twins are probably going to marry their imaginary friends. :mrgreen:
    Selena_1.jpg
  • Options
    vonhaussenvonhaussen Posts: 270 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I get bored with my Sims pretty quickly so I only play them until they get their Lifetime Wish. Plus I use the Motherload cheat so they'll have plenty of money to build a nice home and have decent furnishings.
    After installation I went straight for the Deep Sea Diver as his career. I also sent him off to Sim Uni for a degree in Science.
    There is a lot of lag with this world and when you're on the sea bed looking for things for your Sim to collect, the scenery and Sim fade in and out. When I dive I have to pause the game to look for things for him to get. Now if they had patch to make dive spots in the worlds with beaches that would be great.