Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Apocalypse Challenge! Adapted for The Sims 3!

Comments

• ceeluvscoutureceeluvscouture Posts: 24
    edited June 2012
    Well I'm not a very good writer but I wanted to at least post this if anyone wanted to read it.

http://porterapocalypsechallenge.wordpress.com/
  • DespoticMindDespoticMind Posts: 49 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Well I'm not a very good writer but I wanted to at least post this if anyone wanted to read it.

Nice start! Excited to read more of it =)
    edited June 2012

Thanks! I enjoyed yours too. That was me that commented on your blog. I just wish I took more pictures in the beginning. Those are all I have from when she was single.
    edited June 2012

Thanks! I enjoyed yours too. That was me that commented on your blog. I just wish I took more pictures in the beginning. Those are all I have from when she was single.

Lol, I didn't even notice that I had comments at all, lol. That's funny. Thanks for the kind words, lol. I'm not much of a writer so was really just hoping to go for amusing with lots of pictures. I read the second part of your story, very awesome. Quite the house you have there lol. I like how you surrounded the bottom in a fence. Can't wait to read the next part.
    edited June 2012

Lol, I didn't even notice that I had comments at all, lol. That's funny. Thanks for the kind words, lol. I'm not much of a writer so was really just hoping to go for amusing with lots of pictures. I read the second part of your story, very awesome. Quite the house you have there lol. I like how you surrounded the bottom in a fence. Can't wait to read the next part.

Well I can't take credit for the house. I downloaded the world called Viper Valley and everything was prebuilt. I'm a sucky builder.
    edited June 2012

Well I can't take credit for the house. I downloaded the world called Viper Valley and everything was prebuilt. I'm a sucky builder.

Lol! I hear ya there. I'm not too great at it either. Are you doing the extra challenges because of using viper valley? That would be interesting. WA is required for that so the town wouldn't work for me /sad face. My friend and I started an asylum challenge as well. I've been having a blast with the sims lately, holy moses.

Audrey, how's your challenge going? Haven't seen an update from you. /sad

Also if either of you are interested, gen 2 is up on the blog now. Here.
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    edited June 2012
    I just read your challenges. I am so sorry about Decendent of DaVinci burning to death. :cry: I have to give it to you for continuing! My job is very hectic and I have been traveling a lot so not a lot if time to tend my Sims. I have been snapping pics though and will figure out how to post a story. Out of town this weekend too for a wedding.

My first heir was born and I tried to get a spare but because my founder was an elder he wasn't interested and his wife divorced him! So no spare. I pray we don't catch fire!

Sim are definitely my escape from work. Hubby watches sports and I "buy clothes for my Sims" according to him. He keeps asking me if they don't have enough clothes yet. Well wait until I buy the new expansion pack in September.
    edited June 2012
    Finally, the first chapter of my challenge after the umpteenth time starting over. Hopefully this will be the last time and I can get past two generations. But I have been snapping pictures and since I don't have a blog, posted my first chapter on the exchange. Here is the link for those that want to check it out. Let me know if it doesn't work.

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=408710

Heading out on a much needed **** for a week, so won't be posting the next chapter for a couple of weeks.
    edited June 2012
    Hmmm Not sure why my abbreviated vacation was ****'d out. Nothing untoward there. :?:
  • saint_gambisaint_gambi Posts: 286 Member
    edited June 2012
    I started one of these myself in anticipation of Supernatural. :3

I'm attempting to do it as a video series, with my limited bandwidth, because well, stories don't work for me on this site for whatever reason and I can't be bothered working on a blog. It's all much easier to watch it happen (for me, anyway.) You can check it out here:
    http://youtu.be/meKB3KjZaeE
    Part two is here:
    http://youtu.be/rBmqsVTSbDk
    (Filmed with FRAPS in case anyone else wanted to try using it.)
  • zefiewingszefiewings Posts: 2,649 Member
    edited June 2012
    this is great! I was looking for a nice challenge. I think I am going to make a few adjustments, not to make things easier, just for logic sake.

Stylist for the cosmetic career, then music (not rock) for culture. Ghost hunter for the ghost problem. I think the no stealing one is the only thing I don't agree with; i feel it would be running rampant rather than gone. I think I will do away with that one but think of another set of restrictions related to a different career to replace it. Does anyone have any ideas for that?

I also plan to use the the get outfit and change appearance once for each sim per age to make them in more s***ty end of the world clothes and remove makeup and fancy hair. I don't want them to look all done up just because they came that way. It would make no sense.

a few last things, can we use candles in the light section? how about cheep fireplaces?
    does the "cant buy/sell big items" restriction count towards the mob thing? we will have no stuff left in no time if it does.
    why no adopted sims can contribute? this means I cant have a gay heir.
    and lastly, we should come up with some pert restrictions. or are they just not ok at all?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    ff1pc0.jpg
    My Blog story with the challenge of my own design! Click and see!
  • zefiewingszefiewings Posts: 2,649 Member
    edited June 2012
    is someone really good at making cities? how about making one to fit this challenge then putting it up one the site. I dont have the create a world tool and the fact that everyone else's house is lush and green and not on stilts makes me sad.

aslo, i hope its okay, but I plan to use a couple burnt dead trees in my yard. Just to make it seem more dead. Would this break the no plants rule?
    ff1pc0.jpg
    My Blog story with the challenge of my own design! Click and see!
    edited June 2012
    Unfortunately, after buying a couple of expansions and stuff packs, I lost all of my save games. (Yeah...you know it was Pets fault) so I have to start my challenge all over again =( That's why I haven't been around, trying to resolve it. Really sucked to lose all those games, lol. But hey, the important thing is that I can ride horses now and visit china, haha.

@Audrey: I tried to read your story, but am just getting an error when clicking on the link. /sad. Hopefully you had a great vacation though.

@saint_gambi: Love watching this on video, lol. That's a new experience for me personally, at least with the sims. Only used to that in WoW. It's a bit more time consuming so I haven't finished, but am enjoying it so far =D

@Zefiewings: I believe we're able to use anything under lighting that is a candle. If you click on the wiki challenge link there's actually a link in there that will direct you to every object you're able to buy at the beginning. I went down this list when building my house looking for anything I wanted in there. Made it easier then trying to figure it out by reading alllll of those rules, lol. The can't buy restriction doesnt apply to the..taxes, if you will, from what I am able to tell especially since you can also choose to pay them by mathing up the amount yourself. It's really just a less numbery way off paying taxes I think lol. No idea why you can't adopt...maybe the adoption agencies all fell to ruin? Hah.

I know the most recent person to work on this challenge (forgive me, I cannot remember her name off hand! /shame) built I believe...two towns? for the challenge. I believe they were called Viper Valley and Rattlesnake Ridge, though I could be wrong. People seem to be raving about them from what I've read. Also if you watch the intro movie to saint_gambi's apocolypse challenge, she does a mini little showing of different worlds she tried out before settling upon one =)

Hope everyone is having a great week!
    edited July 2012
    Sorry my link didn't work. Try it again. I believe it was marked private instead of public. :lol:

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=408710

Just got back and checking out the stories.
    edited July 2012
    Lol, that's cute. I love his eyes. Is that a CC thing? I don't use any non EA things in my games so no idea but it looks really sweet. Fun read =D
    edited July 2012
    Thanks. :D Yes, his eyes are CC makeup. I didn't like the way the eye colors were flat so I found a couple I liked. The second chapter is ready now. Here is my next installment. Kinda corny. But it is interesting how the second chapter ends. At least I thought so.

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=410477

Enjoy - Audrey
    edited July 2012
    Yeah I saw it up there and read it right after my last post haha. Poor Myron =( Terrible timing! At least you're lucky to have had the wife so young. most townies I end up marrying are nearing the end of their lifespan, it's very frusterating, rofl. Hopefully she can handle the pressure of two stinky baby motherhood. We shall see.
  • Pupper_puppyPupper_puppy Posts: 810 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I think i might try this! havint even finished reading the rules though :P Gona do that
    edited July 2012
    The next few Chapters are up. I am having a lot of fun. :mrgreen: Wonder if I will get done by the time SN comes out! If not, I will have to just start a new one with real zombies! Mikkita - we need your help!

Also, I created an excel spreadsheet with all of the restrictions and what is needed to clear them in different tabs - of course it is based on my EPs (I have them all) so doesn't address alternative ways of clearing things. I know Mikkita was working on something like that. Mine will not be nearly as thorough as hers but it works for me. I may be silly, but I can't wait to mark off things that are cleared.

Chapter 3: Lana raises the next generation alone
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=412688

Chapter 4: Mason's first wife is a cheater (Yes first wife - I was afraid I was done) Education and Medical cleared.
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=412950

Chapter 5: Mason and Caren's children grow up (Parents die while children are still in High School)
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=413782

Audrey
    edited July 2012
    Don't know if it's my computer or the site being a meany face, but it won't load up the story for me. Just sits there blank, staring at me, the blue arrows taunting me...
    Hopefully it starts working soon so I can read it! Ahh!
    I've restarted my challenge as well, but am still having lag issues so haven't made it to far yet. Rattlesnake Ridge is arguing with my computer a bit so might have to move to a green map, lol. But hopefully will get something made soon! I think me and my computer were just attached to the ooold family we played and we're upset about starting over. /pat, well wish me luck haha hopefully I'll have something up here soon too. Looking forward to more story time from you =D
    edited July 2012
    So sorry you can't open it. I might have been editing it when you tried. I wanted to fix the title. Silly thing. Chapter 4 is done now too. I put it in my earlier post with Chapter 3. I hope it isn't some rule I am not aware of that I am breaking that is keeping you from opening it. Dang...

I checked your blog hoping for more stories. :? So sorry to hear you have issues. I know how you feel about starting over. But making the stories, I have really grown to love my new Majors family.

We had to buy a new computer last weekend because I accidentally destroyed our old one trying to put in a new CPU fan. I think Sims was taking it's toll on the PC. Not really strong enough to run it. So this time I got an upgraded processor and better graphics card. So far so good.

Audrey
    edited July 2012
    Don't know if anyone is looking at this, but I am enjoying. Here is the next chapter:

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=416447

Cleared Science - YAY and Symphonic Music - woopie..
    But kinda of a different chapter. Thankfully I didn't have to use any of my extra days so I still have a few.

Audrey.
    edited July 2012
    I'm sort of still around! Haha. Just been really busy and having a hard time getting any sims time lately. I am reading your story though, it's a nice break from my reality, lol. Love grumpy Melanie lol. You're doing so well! I'm glad you're enjoying it =D Keep rockin it.
  • SmileyTheHamsterSmileyTheHamster Posts: 31 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I just read over the restrictions for this challenge and compared it to the ones I'm using for my apocalypse challenge.

http://s3ac.wikia.com/wiki/The_Apocalypse_Challenge

Compared to mine, this one sounds like a field of flowers (and zombies) @_@
    My teen sims aren't even allowed to go to school and get scolded for it.
    There is a restriction for every profession and split career... oh god, why am I torturing myself like this? :shock:

If you guys wanted to try a challenge using updates with late night, generations, ambitions, etc, you should give this one a try. It's killer.

edited August 2012
    Hi Smiley!

That IS the we are doing. Mikkita worked hard to incorporate the expansion packs as they have been released and is posting on the Wiki pages. Can't wait to see what SN and Seasons does to this crazy challenge. I have been posting my story as I go and I started over 4 or 5 times before I finally got the hang of it. And you are right. Until Educations is cleared - the teens can't go to school and get scolded. It is super hard. I even created a spreadsheet with the restrictions to keep up with what goes with what!

Good luck with the torture. What is really sad is when you clear medical and take a shower you feel like you are cheating! Hopefully you clear that one and Culinary early on. :mrgreen: