Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Apocalypse Challenge! Adapted for The Sims 3!

Comments

• mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Hi all - just wanted to let you all know that the new Apocalypse world is in steady progress. I've got it mostly done except for some tweaking, lot designations and tomb building. The tomb building will take a while since I'm pretty slow at it. Good thing I have some helpers! There will be for sure 11 tombs and possibly 12 and a quest to get into a Biodome with green grass, a pond and most of the plant and tree spawners. The only way into the dome is to figure out the quest :D

Anyway - it will feature 11 challenge lots, all lots are in small neighborhoods with places to move in neighbors and a community lot within allowable distance from each challenge location (see the updated rules at the WIKIA). I won't be including a save file, however I WILL include a file of sims that you can place near your challenge lot at the beginning of the challenge, as well as 2 specific households that have a specific place to be put. There's lots of room for townie expansion, and if you decide you don't like my builds for townie houses, please feel free to use your own. All rabbit holes are accounted for in underground bunkers and the Rebuild quest is applicable to Rattlesnake Ridge just as it was for Viper Vally.

Tech you will need for this world is all expansion and stuff packs to today's date I don't do CC in my builds, though you WILL get the set up tents on some of the lots (not CC, your game already has these if you have WA. If you don't, they won't show up.). If EA dosn't fix the major bugs before Generations is released, you won't need generations to play it. But we'll see. I'll make sure to announce if I install generations on my machine before I have this world done or not.

God Bless,
    mik
  • DaedreemDaedreem Posts: 48
    edited June 2011
    mikitta47 wrote:
    Hi all - just wanted to let you all know that the new Apocalypse world is in steady progress. I've got it mostly done except for some tweaking, lot designations and tomb building. The tomb building will take a while since I'm pretty slow at it. Good thing I have some helpers! There will be for sure 11 tombs and possibly 12 and a quest to get into a Biodome with green grass, a pond and most of the plant and tree spawners. The only way into the dome is to figure out the quest :D

Anyway - it will feature 11 challenge lots, all lots are in small neighborhoods with places to move in neighbors and a community lot within allowable distance from each challenge location (see the updated rules at the WIKIA). I won't be including a save file, however I WILL include a file of sims that you can place near your challenge lot at the beginning of the challenge, as well as 2 specific households that have a specific place to be put. There's lots of room for townie expansion, and if you decide you don't like my builds for townie houses, please feel free to use your own. All rabbit holes are accounted for in underground bunkers and the Rebuild quest is applicable to Rattlesnake Ridge just as it was for Viper Vally.

Tech you will need for this world is all expansion and stuff packs to today's date I don't do CC in my builds, though you WILL get the set up tents on some of the lots (not CC, your game already has these if you have WA. If you don't, they won't show up.). If EA dosn't fix the major bugs before Generations is released, you won't need generations to play it. But we'll see. I'll make sure to announce if I install generations on my machine before I have this world done or not.

God Bless,
    mik

It sounds great, except NOOoooooo!!!! Please don't require Stuff packs!!!! I do not buy them!!!! :(

PS.. Hi again!! -- Lots going on offline, so Sims is a rare treat right now...
    edited June 2011
    I try to use as little from stuff packs in my worlds as possible, sticking mainly to expansion pack stuff - unfortunately, it's EA that says if I have it installed for a world I am building, it's going to require everyone downloading it to have the same things even if the world doesn't actually HAVE those things in it.

God Bless,
    mik
  • DaedreemDaedreem Posts: 48
    edited June 2011
    mikitta47 wrote:
    I try to use as little from stuff packs in my worlds as possible, sticking mainly to expansion pack stuff - unfortunately, it's EA that says if I have it installed for a world I am building, it's going to require everyone downloading it to have the same things even if the world doesn't actually HAVE those things in it.

God Bless,
    mik

Will you be uploading somewhere other than Sims Community too, then? (plz, plz!)
    I'd love to have it, I plan to start a new challenge family and stick to the rules better and want to use your new hood, but the community wouldn't let me install it.
  • thebrianne92thebrianne92 Posts: 23
    edited June 2011
    omg this sounds amazing. there are a lot of rules and im on the generation challenge though (i had no idea about all of these challenges until recently) and i have to say ive got interested back into the game. ill just have to make this world eventually...
    edited June 2011
    When it's ready, it will be on Mediafire. I'll put it up on the exchange, too, when I am sure it's done.

The last week or so, I've just been playing the game and looking at what Generations adds. There will be things added to the rules for it - I just have to get it all posted.

One of the biggest changes, and this is for everyone who has updated to the latest patch even if they don't have the latest ExPac - change your age settings to the following ...

Baby - 1 day
    Toddler - 4 days
    Child - 7 days
    Teen - 14 Days
    Young Adult - 25 days
    Adult - 25 days
    Elder - 14 days

I like not having the baby for so many days. 4 days is JUST enough time to train your toddler to potty, walk and talk (and that's what we had in Sims2 too IIRC). 7 days and 14 days for child and teen has not changed. The extra days are put into young adult/adult and Elder is a little shorter with it's extra days into young adult/adult. But the total life span is the same - 90 days.

There will be other changes coming soon, too - once I'm familiar with all the new things.

God Bless,
    mik
  • thebrianne92thebrianne92 Posts: 23
    edited June 2011
    i will be waiting in anticipation for the world your making. lol. my create a world tool isnt working.
    edited June 2011
    Somehow or other I got very lucky and CAW is working with Generations. Of course, I installed the manual update and then installed the disc and then uninstalled the old version of CAW then installed the latest download of it. I know a lot of folks are having real issues, though.

God Bless,
    mik
    edited June 2011
    The Apocalypse Challenge (http://s3ac.wikia.com/wiki/Sims_3_Apocalypse_Challenge_Wiki) has some basic updates for Generations. We are working on more as we play test through things. Day Care has it's own, unique set of restrictions specific to Generations, so there is no alternate clearing. Everything else - interactions, buy and build items, etc, are being added in to other rules as we go along.

If you see any blaring discrepancies or contradictions, please let us know :)

God Bless,
    mik
    edited July 2011
    Is anyone still reading this?

If so --- come join us at http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/234765.page for rules updated through Generations and more discussion.

God Bless,
    mik
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • GemlyTeddieGemlyTeddie Posts: 14
    edited July 2011
    Just want to say i'm defenatly giving this a try!! I'm getting bored of my legacy and ive only just given birth to gen 5! i think this one would keep me occipied longer as theres always something to work towards.

just a question though (but i dont know if anyone will read it as nobody seems to have posted in a few years): this master gardener one, how do you lift restrictions without gardening or taking classes? you cant buy book from rabbit holes either so im not sure how youd do this? sorry if this has been asked already i read most pages and couldnt see it mentioned.

If you see this thanks for any help and if youve played it do you have any pointers?
    edited August 2011
    http://s3ac.wikia.com/wiki/Sims_3_Apocalypse_Challenge_Wiki

The rules have some updates for Generations.

For Naturalist - at the very beginning of the challenge you are allowed to buy the three gardening books and any other skill books you can afford and still be able to build your house.

You can join us at the active discussion thread at http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/234765.page. We aren't a HOPPIN' forum, but we do talk about the challenge and how best to update it with each expansion and what not :) We would definitely welcome you there!

God Bless,
    mik
  • Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited August 2011
    Hey guys! I'm back from an EXTREEEEEMELY long absence. >.< Sorry about that.

I'll start on updating the Apocalypse Challenge for Ambitions and Late Night (and Generations, once I buy it) unless someone else has, already?

Let me know so I don't go through all the work for nothing.
  • melical3108melical3108 Posts: 112 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Hi all.
    I've started the challenge on Friday and have been playing it most of the weekend.
    I might have broken the rules four or five times, but only because I couldn't remember all the rules. :P It never was anything that brought any advantage for the challenge.

One thing that confuses me when I read some posts in this thread is that a lot of people plan the order in which they lift the restrictions.
    I understood that you have to take the first job in the paper. That way I am unable to choose the restrictions I want to lift next.

Luckily my founder got the culinary job and kept the future family from starving. :)
    Her spouse cleared DNA profiler. And I am working on athletic and music now (although my heir's spouse hates her music job).

Thanks to those simmers who made the challenge and keep working on it!
    edited August 2011
    Hey guys! I'm back from an EXTREEEEEMELY long absence. >.< Sorry about that.

I'll start on updating the Apocalypse Challenge for Ambitions and Late Night (and Generations, once I buy it) unless someone else has, already?

Let me know so I don't go through all the work for nothing.

ASHLEIGH!!!! So good to see you back!!

Since you were gone so long, I took the liberty of putting the challenge onto Wiki and I've tried to make as close as humanly possible to the TS2AC.

http://s3ac.wikia.com/wiki/Sims_3_Apocalypse_Challenge_Wiki

I'll tell you, I would welcome your input on making sure everything flows right and to deal with any thing that contradicts in the rules - ie either find out the sequence that must be done to do it, or clarify the rules to eliminate the contradictions.

*hugs* and Welcome Back!

God Bless,
    mik
    edited August 2011
    any one still reading? Ash, you still around?

God Bless,
    mik
    edited August 2011
    Wow .. I think I killed the thread ...

God Bless,
    mik
  • milaekmilaek Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Wait, so you're going to update the rules finaly? That would be epic!!! Thats what I've been waiting for to start the challange!
    edited August 2011
    milaek - there are rules that are current to Generations at http://s3ac.wikia.com/wiki/Sims_3_Apocalypse_Challenge_Wiki .

Ashleigh - I and several others have been working on keeping the rules current and as close to Pinstar's original as we can - that's the link where they are. Unless you just want to do your own rules - that's ok too, always room for your own vision :)

Edit to add ... http://www.facebook.com/groups/169191289823753/ ... The Sims 3 Apocalypse Challenge now has it's own Facebook Page :D For live chats, and chatting when the EA boards are down :)

God Bless,
    mik
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • LurkyLurky Posts: 14
    edited August 2011
    Wanted to ask for a little help, if I may.

I'm looking for a map for this, but I have none of the expansions at all. (CAW doesn't care to cooperate with me, probably for this reason, although I haven't tried it this month.)

Getting the expacs is not an option; I don't have the wherewith in my budget.

Is there a good map I can get that will be kind to someone operating from only the base game? I'd like to try this challenge!

ETA: I should note also that I'm running a slightly unorthodox set-up for my game; as a result of a massive game crash, I had to reinstall to my secondary hard drive--and this causes me issues with straight-up downloaded CC. So, a map that I can get through the Exchange would be really ideal.
    edited August 2011
    I have a lite version of Rattlesnake Ridge out = it has the Prius and the Renault packs (free content) with the Legendary Wind Raker. I believe that if you don't have either of those packs, the content just won't show up.

Anyway - here's the link

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4424081

It isn't perfect as there are some lot tears and a few rocks that I didn't get fixed before I released it. I'm still working on the full version of this world. However, all the spawners are included and you can build or insert your own lots to your heart's content.

If you go to the Create a World forum, up at the very top of that forum is a thread titled World Index - Rflong has everything sorted by expansion packs required. Quite a few good worlds in there too, and most creators are very good about detailing if there are any CC items or not.

God Bless,
    mik
  • LurkyLurky Posts: 14
    edited September 2011
    Thanks, Mikitta. It looks like a really exciting map. Unfortunately, it won't load without fully crashing the game. Still working on why that is.

Apocalypse Challenge on hold for me until I get it solved. But thank you for the map!
    edited September 2011
    /sadface ...

It looks like Ashleigh disappeared again.

Ash if you are still reading, I hope everything is ok.

God Bless,
    mik
  • stylsimstylsim Posts: 222 Member
    edited October 2011
    Seems like a hard challenge. I accept :P
  • Hunter_JinHunter_Jin Posts: 175
    edited October 2011
    Uhm okay, help please? :)

This is my first time reading a challenge and interesting as it sounds, but how to do it? I mean do I have to actually Edit a specific town and remove all the Sims living there to make it apocalyptic? Do I have to change the ground into desolate?

When I was reading this I was like, "Really? I didn't know challenges existed in the Sims world and OMG this is my first time reading one and I don't know what to do!" Ignorant as I may be when I was a Sims 2 gamer but sorry... Can someone please explain how to do a challenge?