Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roller Coaster, Carnival and; Amore builds - please post your pics

Comments

• cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    I thought I had some pictures but I can't find them...I built this for Midnight Hollow it's a spooky themed festival lot it shows the fall festival as it was fall when I uploaded it. In the summer there's a water coaster and in the spring it uses the gondola :) was alot of fun to test the theory of if I could do something like this or not.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8645491
  • Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    @cmbaker16 that is a pretty neat lot and I love the name for it, it really suits the world you built it for. :)
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    I meant to post this before, then forgot. Everyone have a look at Gnomeland Amusement Park! The park features the Bigfoot Coaster, Hot Air Balloon, Observation Tower, Carousels, Shark Slide, Daredevil Jump Zone, Love Canal, Space Rings, Mini Maze, Haunted House, Tractor Ride, Climbing Wall Race, Angry Bull, Fire Walk, Archery Range, Snack Shack, Space Arcade, Ice Lounge, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Fortune Teller, Midways, Cozy Coffee Bar, Love Tester, Superhero Photo Station, Mad Hatter's Tea Party, Safari Playland, Tiny's Saloon, & more!

Here are some pics of the Bigfoot Coaster:
    Screenshot-57.jpg
    Screenshot-59.jpg
    Screenshot-62.jpg
    Screenshot-63.jpg
    Screenshot-66.jpg
    Screenshot-69.jpg

Here is the Love Canal:

Screenshot-25.jpg
    Screenshot-105.jpg
    Screenshot-104.jpg

You can see a lot more pics on my creation thread here - forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837589/gnomeland-amusement-park?new=1, and find the link for the park here - thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8673942. Pretty much anything and everything that can be a ride is crammed in there, so your sims will stay very busy!

Don't forget to check out the other parks in my signature, and my other studio items as well! There is another lot with a coaster, more an old fairgrounds type, and some other pretty cool lots you might enjoy!

As an aside, if anyone knows of any cool mods for the carousel, as in, converting it to some other type of ride, I am very interested! Also, any sort of mod that would allow boats to be used on lots, instead of just in the oceans and rivers, would be very welcome! Yeah, I am a bit of a theme park nut! Any ideas for future parks, feel free to drop a message, because I love building!
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    LadyGreenEyes, Gnomeland Amusement Park has so much to offer! You included so many great attractions, what a great job on it!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    I meant to post this before, then forgot. Everyone have a look at Gnomeland Amusement Park! The park features the Bigfoot Coaster, Hot Air Balloon, Observation Tower, Carousels, Shark Slide, Daredevil Jump Zone, Love Canal, Space Rings, Mini Maze, Haunted House, Tractor Ride, Climbing Wall Race, Angry Bull, Fire Walk, Archery Range, Snack Shack, Space Arcade, Ice Lounge, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Fortune Teller, Midways, Cozy Coffee Bar, Love Tester, Superhero Photo Station, Mad Hatter's Tea Party, Safari Playland, Tiny's Saloon, & more!

Here are some pics of the Bigfoot Coaster:
    Screenshot-57.jpg
    Screenshot-59.jpg
    Screenshot-62.jpg
    Screenshot-63.jpg
    Screenshot-66.jpg
    Screenshot-69.jpg

Here is the Love Canal:

Screenshot-25.jpg
    Screenshot-105.jpg
    Screenshot-104.jpg

You can see a lot more pics on my creation thread here - forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837589/gnomeland-amusement-park?new=1, and find the link for the park here - thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8673942. Pretty much anything and everything that can be a ride is crammed in there, so your sims will stay very busy!

Don't forget to check out the other parks in my signature, and my other studio items as well! There is another lot with a coaster, more an old fairgrounds type, and some other pretty cool lots you might enjoy!

As an aside, if anyone knows of any cool mods for the carousel, as in, converting it to some other type of ride, I am very interested! Also, any sort of mod that would allow boats to be used on lots, instead of just in the oceans and rivers, would be very welcome! Yeah, I am a bit of a theme park nut! Any ideas for future parks, feel free to drop a message, because I love building!

Awesome.
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member
    edited March 4
    Some really neat stuff posted since I last visited. Well done everyone!

I'll like to share my latest rollercoaster build. Actually the lot is full of activities so the coaster is just one of the features. Hope you like it :smile:

Teddy Bear Rollercoaster Park
    Download: thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8745150
    Bears and bees and ants, o my. It loads of fun at the park, that's why! Perfect for parties or having a good time, with lots of activities for your sims and mine. Rollercoaster, pool, disco, games, tea room and more. Mini-golf and picnics, it's never a bore.

Link to more pics:Pictures.
    QTjR6Qs.jpg
    Post edited by soocoolsim on
  • 5W33TH34RT5W33TH34RT Posts: 323 Member
    Hi all, I'm a newbie to downloading lots. I have a (maybe irrational) fear of CC "sneaking into my game." I don't play with any mods or CC so far.

But I've recently been gifted some of these sets and I'm super eager to download things like @LadyGreenEyes' awesome Gnomeland, and some very creative creations others have made here. Any advice, as to avoiding/accepting CC?
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    5W33TH34RT wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm a newbie to downloading lots. I have a (maybe irrational) fear of CC "sneaking into my game." I don't play with any mods or CC so far.

But I've recently been gifted some of these sets and I'm super eager to download things like @LadyGreenEyes' awesome Gnomeland, and some very creative creations others have made here. Any advice, as to avoiding/accepting CC?

I was like you and avoided having CC in my game until after the Sims 4 was released. None of my lots have any CC in them. I did occasionally have Master Controller or Error Trap in my game after I had problems with Isla Paradiso - but I mostly only put my mod folder in the game if I was playing in Isla Paradiso.

Other than that I don't know. I've read lots about bad CC. I think the Exchange is a dangerous place because a lot of people put CC in their builds or Sims. When the game is patched or updated that CC often needs updating by the creator and if it is in a build you downloaded you don't know who the creator is and therefore can't get the updated version and that can break your game.

I'd suggest only downloading from people who say they don't have CC in their builds.

Then check the download with Custard before you put it in your game.

It is possible for bad CC to attach to a build without the builder knowing about it. That is why I kept CC off my computer while I was building. I still have none on my PC but have got a lot on my laptop which is what I play with mostly now.

Some people have infected items on the exchange and know these items are a problem and don't want to fix the problem so you do have to be careful.

This thread has the most up to date info on bad CC and how to find it and get rid of it.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-Find-and-remove-bad-custom-content-CC/td-p/2759940/

soocoolsim.....Teddy Bear Picnic is a genius creation. You are so amazing!! I commented in your teddy bear picnic thread as well. :)
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member
    Thanks very much @Sandraelle. You are so sweet. Gotta squeeze my head to fit through the doorway now, lol :D
  • CandySims14CandySims14 Posts: 475 Member
    First, I want to congratulate everyone here on their amazing builds. I spent a lot of time going through the thread, admiring your work, and I downloaded quite a few of the parks. It's great fun! I became inspired to build my own amusement park. This is my first Exchange upload and I'm a bit nervous, but here goes... :o

Presenting "Tidal Wave Amusement Park" http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8767191

Come visit the boardwalk. Ride the precarious Tidal Wave roller coaster, take a spin on the historic carousel, visit the mysterious 🐸🐸🐸🐸, bring your sweetheart to the love tester, slide through a life-size shark, ascend in the hot air balloon, attempt to ride the feisty mechanical bull, indulge your sweet tooth at Candy Corner, try your luck at the game booths, or enjoy one of the many other exciting attractions this park has to offer. So much to see and do! No CC.

7Ml2nxS.jpg
    Wf99kIc.jpg
    PhV5gNe.jpg
    RHCuoPs.jpg
    S3ev5dB.jpg
    MRxohWP.jpg
    f7tizYL.jpg
    y0OAMS9.jpg
    bmA32yJ.jpg
    uN1J42s.jpg
    GN5J2xZ.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)<3
    edited October 2015
    Good Morning @CandySims14 , I really loved seeing the little preview shots of this and so glad you were able to get it finished. :smile: I really love the look of the coaster, especially at night. I like how you framed each attraction It really showcases them well. Going to Rec and Fave it. :)
    Siggy_4.jpg
    @CandySims14 , I love the creative recolouring and the way the whole park is set out. Thank you for posting your pictures in the thread. It is great that you were inspired by the creations of others posted here.
    Thank you @Catdog123 and Karritz! I appreciate the kind words. :)
    Tidal Wave Amusement Park looks really nice and I love all the pretty colors you used. And the way you have the park laid looks great, and congrats to uploading your first lot to the Exchange.
    edited October 2015
    Hello everyone, for some reason I totally forgot to link my second amusement park build in this thread. I think because I was building it as a gift and didn't think about it being a good fit for this thread. So anyway I present Cascade Falls: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8706802

This is a park designed for hidden springs and is totally different in theme from my other amusement park. It has a waterfall coaster, carousel, tree house, hot air balloon, cabin cafe, grilling area, a canoe ride (the gondola) and daycare center. I am really loving the daycare center as its a nice place for toddlers and babies to stay while the parents ride the coaster without doing the typical silly sim things like leaving the baby on the floor.

Cascade%20Falls%20Cover_zpsxnbdwv32.jpg
    Screenshot-40_zpsnxzf8snd.jpg
    Screenshot-44_zpsf1ibvbct.jpg
    Screenshot-32_zpskhbldvzp.jpg
    Screenshot-39_zpsqg3uoy7c.jpg
    Screenshot-53_zps3ymezquo.jpg
    Siggy_4.jpg
    Thank you @catdog123 Your build looks wonderful and different. I'm glad you remembered to post the link now.
    First, I want to congratulate everyone here on their amazing builds. I spent a lot of time going through the thread, admiring your work, and I downloaded quite a few of the parks. It's great fun! I became inspired to build my own amusement park. This is my first Exchange upload and I'm a bit nervous, but here goes... :o

Presenting "Tidal Wave Amusement Park" http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8767191

Come visit the boardwalk. Ride the precarious Tidal Wave roller coaster, take a spin on the historic carousel, visit the mysterious 🐸🐸🐸🐸, bring your sweetheart to the love tester, slide through a life-size shark, ascend in the hot air balloon, attempt to ride the feisty mechanical bull, indulge your sweet tooth at Candy Corner, try your luck at the game booths, or enjoy one of the many other exciting attractions this park has to offer. So much to see and do! No CC.

7Ml2nxS.jpg
    Wf99kIc.jpg
    PhV5gNe.jpg
    RHCuoPs.jpg
    S3ev5dB.jpg
    MRxohWP.jpg
    f7tizYL.jpg
    y0OAMS9.jpg
    bmA32yJ.jpg
    uN1J42s.jpg
    GN5J2xZ.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)<3

Awesome Carnival Lot.
    Catdog123 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, for some reason I totally forgot to link my second amusement park build in this thread. I think because I was building it as a gift and didn't think about it being a good fit for this thread. So anyway I present Cascade Falls: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8706802

This is a park designed for hidden springs and is totally different in theme from my other amusement park. It has a waterfall coaster, carousel, tree house, hot air balloon, cabin cafe, grilling area, a canoe ride (the gondola) and daycare center. I am really loving the daycare center as its a nice place for toddlers and babies to stay while the parents ride the coaster without doing the typical silly sim things like leaving the baby on the floor.

Cascade%20Falls%20Cover_zpsxnbdwv32.jpg
    Screenshot-40_zpsnxzf8snd.jpg
    Screenshot-44_zpsf1ibvbct.jpg
    Screenshot-32_zpskhbldvzp.jpg
    Screenshot-39_zpsqg3uoy7c.jpg
    Screenshot-53_zps3ymezquo.jpg

Looks Awesome.
    edited October 2015
    Catdog123, Cascade Falls looks awesome. I like the waterfall area under the coaster and the old mill water wheel fits in nicely with the theme of the build. Great job.
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
    Thanks so much @Sandraelle and @catloverplayer! @catdog123, oh wow, I actually downloaded your park before I made mine! I put it in Hidden Springs. It's really cool ... I remember loving the daycare center in particular, and the mountain/waterfall structure under the coaster is killer. It looks very professional, you have some real talent!
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited November 2015
    Ahem :flushed:

Hello :) I built a theme park for a friend's theme park contest and I used this thread for research as I had never built a roller coaster or any sort of big community lot before. This thread and @Karritz bakery thread have been amazingly helpful and inspiring! I have learnt so much from the roller coasters here especially Rolling Heights (didn't occur to me that roller coasters could be on things until then :o ) and @Catdog123 great having a place to leave the kids idea.

So thank you everyone for your amazing coasters and here is my offering and thank you for your time <3

Name: The Castle Theme Park (the exchange pic colours are a bit off due to me uploading during a fog)

This castle was seat to a proud royal family of a great Sim Kingdom that had an ancient and illustrious history but which was brought to an abrupt and messy end in The Great Llama Plague. Alas that is all but forgotten, as visitors are more interested in its roller coaster now that the castle has been turned into a theme park! Take a quick tour round it's state rooms, admire the architecture in the chapel for the obligatory 10 minutes, then run head long to the fun stuff! Riding through the battlements on the roller coaster! Archery! An arcade! Jewellery making! A gift shop! A whole tower to dump your kids in! A Cursed Prison Tower to lose your least favourite aunt's life in! History has never been this much fun! B)
    SlDbabf.jpg?1
    wNQJwcr.jpg?2
    RKyLjzw.jpg?2
    dobFj7m.jpg?2
    The Long Gallery
    UUFyP8p.jpg?1
    The Library
    SNYEX6F.jpg?1
    The Chapel
    NMkF1Xh.jpg?1
    The Mysterious Door in The Cursed Prison Tower
    JLTg0Im.jpg?1
    Post edited by AlphaFFrog on
    @AlphaFen great coaster. I'm glad you found the threads helpful. I agree - people have been very creative and it is helpful to have a collection of their creations on a theme to help getting started. I'm glad this thread is still being added to.
    edited November 2015
    Great job on your Castle theme park @AlphaFen, and very cool that you included a chapel in your park.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top