Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roller Coaster, Carnival and; Amore builds - please post your pics

Comments

• Options
    SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    I downloaded the Rolling Heights and this is an error I get. Is this normal? I mean I'm really tired of the constant issues with the store items. I also got this with the Boardwalk venue so I don't know what to do. Can someone please guide me as Rolling Heights looks fabulous. I'm kind of stuck in my game at moment. Thanks.

this cart must be placed on a roller coaster landing zone on a valid track in order to work properly
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited April 2018
    That can happen with any of the items with a track. I got one of those errors yesterday when I placed the gondola lot in a game. So I assumed there was a problem and went looking for the gondola in the canal and couldn't find it. Then I discovered a Townie Sim was already riding in it. He eventually got around the canal and parked it properly and all was good.

The tractor can give this error too. I've had some issues with the tractor disappearing after harvesting if the Sim's inventory is too full.

Rolling Heights has 2 roller coasters. The starting point for them is in the long building which was built to hold the starting points. Each coaster starting point is on a different level. You can check to see if the cart is on the track by looking in the building to see if it is there.

These are the two places where the Sims can get onto the roller coaster. Just check to see the cart is on the track. If it isn't then put it back on the track. I think it is just a message that pops up automatically though. I expect you will find the cart is safely on both starting points.

Roller_C_MH032.jpg

Roller_C_MH030.jpg

This is my first attempt at building a roller coaster. I hope you enjoy playing with it.
    Post edited by Karritz on
  • Options
    SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    Thank you. I'm sure I will :)
  • Options
    I hope everyone is enjoying their carnival lots. Here they are again for anyone who is still looking for something. Or who might like to add a new one here.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Karritz

I hope you will make another thread like this when we get Carnivals in TS4.
  • Options
    Karritz

I hope you will make another thread like this when we get Carnivals in TS4.

I don't mind making the thread but I am not buying anything to go with Sims 4. Nor am I playing the game although I do have the base game.
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited May 2015
    Well, I finally attempted a roller coaster park and it was rather fun. I purchased the roller coaster stuff quite a while ago and felt overwhelmed to create one, but your thread inspired me to try it and I’ve already started another, so thank you for creating this thread.

My park is called Grizzly Bear Roller Coasters. It features a classic wooden roller coaster that meanders through lush evergreens and has a rustic feel throughout with log buildings and lots of bear statues! (This was built in Sunset Valley at 55 Landgraab Ave.)

Dining Options: Paul Bunyan Restaurant with an outdoor dining deck that sits over a pond, concession stands and the Croissants Coffee Bar.

Other park attractions: a haunted house, a roller skating rink, the bull riding machine, two rock climbing walls, a children’s playground, basketball shooting, skee ball, a photo booth, a face painting booth and Cubby Bear Arcades.

Exchange download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8653070

Link to all the photos(48): http://imgur.com/a/WiawX#3

sbE3v9I.jpg
    9fnteJZ.jpg
    9706odS.jpg
    7GRaCt6.jpg
    AsyjpGG.jpg
    VNsAYU3.jpg
    u6nPitH.jpg
    HSdlle7.jpg
    Qzz7Y53.jpg
    eolDRSz.jpg
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    @Sandraelle , I think you did a fabulous job with this build. Totally love it! Rec'd :D
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    @Sandraelle , I think you did a fabulous job with this build. Totally love it! Rec'd :D

Thank you again soocoolsim (and for also writing in my creative corner showcase). I'm glad you liked it - I was a little leery of posting it, thinking it wasn't good enough, because there is so much talent here and I was in awe of several of the amusement parks. And your puppy power and the cat one were genius!!
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    @Sandraelle your roller coaster looks amazingly well done. It fits in well with this thread. I'm really happy the thread isn't being forgotten now, and that it is still inspiring people to build.

Don't forget the other similar threads to go through (links on page 1 of this thread). They will give you inspiration to build bakeries and other exciting things.

That is why I like Sims 3 - it lets you be creative and feel you've achieved something when you put the effort into making something special.

EDIT: And there is no reason to stop at 1 roller coaster. I think I've got 5 in here and there are other people with 2 or more of their builds in this thread too. Once you start it is hard to stop the ideas from flowing. It is fun.
  • Options
    Karritz wrote: »
    @Sandraelle your roller coaster looks amazingly well done. It fits in well with this thread. I'm really happy the thread isn't being forgotten now, and that it is still inspiring people to build.

Don't forget the other similar threads to go through (links on page 1 of this thread). They will give you inspiration to build bakeries and other exciting things.

That is why I like Sims 3 - it lets you be creative and feel you've achieved something when you put the effort into making something special.

EDIT: And there is no reason to stop at 1 roller coaster. I think I've got 5 in here and there are other people with 2 or more of their builds in this thread too. Once you start it is hard to stop the ideas from flowing. It is fun.

Thanks so much Karritz, I've seen all of yours and they are so well done! Yes, I've seen some of the other links and that is one thing on my to do list is build a bakery, but I'm waiting for the store to allow us to buy the premium items in that set.

And yes, I've already moved on to starting another coaster park and have ideas for others as well.....time is my only hinderance! LOL
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    @Sandraelle, WOW. Your build looks really really good. I've downloaded and rec'ed... :)<3
  • Options
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    @Sandraelle, WOW. Your build looks really really good. I've downloaded and rec'ed... :)<3

Thank you very much lisa, I appreciate the rec. I hope you enjoy playing with it.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    lisasc360 wrote: »

Thank you very much lisa, I appreciate the rec. I hope you enjoy playing with it.

You're welcome... :)

• Options
    Hi All.....I finally got my 2nd roller coaster park built. This one is called City Rollers Roller Coaster Park, a city-themed amusement park.

ZRlP3Fz.jpg

PLEASE VISIT MY CREATIONS THREAD BELOW, FOR A TOUR OF THE PARK (includes a link to download it and a link to a picture slideshow).

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13745435/#Comment_13745435
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    @Karritz , since there are some really neat new lots, would be great if you could update the index one day when you have the time. So great to see folks still building for the Sims 3 :D
  • Options
    @Karritz , since there are some really neat new lots, would be great if you could update the index one day when you have the time. So great to see folks still building for the Sims 3 :D

I'll try. The thing that put me off was that all the page numbers are wrong for the new forum. It will take a lot of work to get it all right.

Maybe I can just add the new ones and work through the others gradually.

I'm glad people are still adding new builds to the thread.
  • Options

Yeah, I'm glad people are still building in Sims 3 as well....I still have a lot of things I want to build in Sims 3 so for now I'm sticking with it. I had some other ideas for roller coaster parks but now can't remember what my thoughts were, lol.

• Options

Yeah, I'm glad people are still building in Sims 3 as well....I still have a lot of things I want to build in Sims 3 so for now I'm sticking with it. I had some other ideas for roller coaster parks but now can't remember what my thoughts were, lol.

I hope you do remember them. I tend to just start building and see what happens.

I have a clean Sims 3 folder set up and am currently working on a mushroom house. It isn't a roller coaster though.

Maybe we should start another thread here for houses for Sims 3 that are being built to keep them all together too.

I have threads for bakeries, roller coasters and a few other things. Links are on the first page of this thread. And there is also a link to a thread someone else started on Savvy Seller Stores.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    @Sandraelle Oh my, your Grizzly Bear rollercoaster is absolutely perfect for Hidden Springs! Thank you so much for sharing, I've never got to grips with building these coasters, it just defeats me and have been looking for the perfect HS lot for a while. This looks brilliant.
  • Options
    Karritz wrote: »

I hope you do remember them. I tend to just start building and see what happens.

I have a clean Sims 3 folder set up and am currently working on a mushroom house. It isn't a roller coaster though.

Maybe we should start another thread here for houses for Sims 3 that are being built to keep them all together too.

I have threads for bakeries, roller coasters and a few other things. Links are on the first page of this thread. And there is also a link to a thread someone else started on Savvy Seller Stores.

Yes, I saw that you have those other threads as well, thanks so much for starting these specialized threads...that's another one of my "to do" builds is a cute bakery, but I'm still waiting for them to put the bakery items up for sale individually.
  • Options
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    @Sandraelle Oh my, your Grizzly Bear rollercoaster is absolutely perfect for Hidden Springs! Thank you so much for sharing, I've never got to grips with building these coasters, it just defeats me and have been looking for the perfect HS lot for a while. This looks brilliant.

Thank you and you're welcome Scrapdash. I hope that you enjoy playing the park if you decide to download it. It took me a long time to want to attempt building a roller coaster park, it really overwhelmed me, but visiting this thread really inspired me to try it, and I like it! lol
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    So good to see this thread still going on. I wish we could get stuff like this in TS4 but who knows we may see amusement parks in a gamepack.
  • Options
    Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Oh wow its so nice to see this thread is still going with some amazing new builds. :)
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    @soocoolsim Your Victorian Village is just amazing. I can easily picture nice family outings for snowflake day there just being magical. :)
    Siggy_4.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top