Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why the "darn" horses?

Why?

Edit: Is the title more appropriate now?
Does it warrant a "helpful" response from a guru now. :roll:

Comments

• Options
    Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited December 2013
    2cek8wj.jpg

Why can't EA get rid of wild horses in the city/suburbs? :evil:
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited December 2013
    Options2US.png"height=300""width=300"

And it's not a city like Bridgeport... It's like any other town...
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited December 2013
    While the world has the appearance of a city, it isn't designated as one, this is a feature with Late Night. If you disable Pets from spawning then wild animals should stop spawning too.
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited December 2013
    I think it has to do with fishing spots and the fact that it was not classified as a city...
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi :)

I do get frustrated with the wild horses in my towns. Especially on lots where they act like they're stuck.

I had one stuck on a lot where I had made Sure to leave enough room and still, it through a fit. Once I made it part of my family the horse took off without a problem. Kinda ticked me off. :lol:
    So, yeah- even when they look nice, they can be a pain in any town. :(

There are a lot of features being spread about from Expansion to Store items- in worlds and out. While it isn't a city, it looks like like and is advertised as a City....
    Welcome to a city where bold shapes, -etc...

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:

There are a lot of features being spread about from Expansion to Store items- in worlds and out. While it isn't a city, it looks like like and is advertised as a City....

You do know that the City Marker is tied to the Late Night Expansion. The requirement is Late Night and they don't make worlds with requirements to EPs.

I would say otherwise when they allow the city marker to be used in Base Game, until then all the towns, advertised as a city or not, are just normal towns.

You know what else is advertised?

Dragon Vally: Land of Myth and Fantasy when there are zero supernaturals in the game, which requires Supernatural

Aurora Skies: Coastal town, even though there are no ports or anything and a Lake that just has smoke in it.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    AznSensei wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:

You do know that the City Marker is tied to the Late Night Expansion. The requirement is Late Night and they don't make worlds with requirements to EPs.

I would say otherwise when they allow the city marker to be used in Base Game, until then all the towns, advertised as a city or not, are just normal towns.

You know what else is advertised?

Dragon Vally: Land of Myth and Fantasy when there are zero supernaturals in the game, which requires Supernatural

Aurora Skies: Coastal town, even though there are no ports or anything and a Lake that just has smoke in it.

They haven't YET! Don't think they can't... I remember when people thought moodlets and skills couldn't be added to Store stuff and LOOK where we are now. :D

Dragon Valley has dragons- Those are the Myths and Fantasy. ;)

Aurora Skies does have a Coast and Auroras. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Did you read my post rflong?

I said until they add the feature itself to be base-game utilized, then we won't see it in store content.

That isn't how store content works as it uses anything that can utilize the base game.

Something as massive as a function of a city, which was focused in the Late Night Expansion Pack, is not going to be added because of one town that is themed as a city.

You seem confused.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    AznSensei wrote:

I said until they add the feature itself to be base-game utilized, then we won't see it in store content.

That isn't how store content works. You seem confused.

Of course, I probably am. :)

We're we saying the same thing? I said they could if they wanted, you said they would when they wanted. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Are you seriously using grammar in your argument? Seriously?!

Your fake persona is irritating me, especially when you are trying to be nice, but rude at the same time.

I wasn't going to call you out, but that post just gave me the last straw.

I know how rude you can be, considering I have friends in the CAW forums who know just as much how you are as a person.

Please do not give me this fake front you are giving me, I'm not buying it.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    AznSensei wrote:

That isn't how store content works as it uses anything that can utilize the base game.

Something as massive as a function of a city, which was focused in the Late Night Expansion Pack, is not going to be added because of one town that is themed as a city.

You seem confused.

It's a function they can add if they want, make no mistake ... and I was showing how Cyberqueen (Hi, CyberQueen! :mrgreen: ) might have come to believe it was a city world. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    AznSensei wrote:
    Are you seriously using grammar in your argument?

Your fake persona is irritating me.

I know how rude you can be, considering I have friends in the CAW forums who know just as much how you are as a person.

The CAW forums is not the same as the Store/Store World forums. Please do not be fake about it and go back to your CAW forums.

Wow... I'm rude to a lot of people in the CAW section? I think you have me confused with others. :shock:

Although I did feel your frustration about my replies... Is it really that mean here that someone who wants to be nice is seen as, I don't know, fake? :shock:

I think I need to stay here.
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited December 2013
    I live in a Southwest State in the US. I live in a city with a million residents. I work in an office on a very busy highway. However.... less than 1/2 mile from my work there is a horse farm. One day a couple of the horses escaped the horse farm. It was very scary, I looked out of my office window and 5 horses were running in the middle of the freeway outside my office and cars had slowed down thankfully because the horses were causing a traffic jam. I was so worried someone would hit a horse.

In a lot of states and cities, very rural and very city go hand in hand.
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    edited December 2013
    I understand the city business so I am stepping outside that box. It is a shame that when you disable horses you still have four (I think it is four) wild horses that spawn and they get stuck almost anywhere..they are the reason setting up game play in Sunlit tides takes forever because of the v-shaped palm trees...and often no matter what ya do they still get stuck...I consider it somewhat of a disaster...my only solution was to take the EP out. It's sad because I miss pets.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    AznSensei wrote:

The CAW forums is not the same as the Store/Store World forums. Please do not be fake about it and go back to your CAW forums.

Wow... I'm rude to a lot of people in the CAW section? I think you have me confused with others. :shock:

Although I did feel your frustration about my replies... Is it really that mean here that someone who wants to be nice is seen as, I don't know, fake? :shock:

I did not say you were rude in the CAW forums, please do not misinterpret my post and shove words in my mouth.

I said I have friends in CAW who know about your behavior, and I've butted heads with you enough that I was given advice from said friends.

Now please stop being fake and condescending, especially with your use of smilies. It makes you look more like a joke.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Weealbet wrote:
    While the world has the appearance of a city, it isn't designated as one, this is a feature with Late Night. If you disable Pets from spawning then wild animals should stop spawning too.

Should...."should" is the key word, but it has NEVER stopped wild animals like horses specifically from spawning :cry:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Weealbet wrote:

Should...."should" is the key word, but it has NEVER stopped wild animals like horses specifically from spawning :cry:

On the bright side, it's only 1-2 horses, which isn't TOO bad.

Just hope for a game patch that makes that option make it so you get absolutely no horses.

If you aren't opposed to mods, there are some I think that make it so you absolutely get no horses.

Or use one of Twallan's mods.
  • Options
    SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    edited December 2013
    If you want someone from the team to answer as to why there is a horse or why it can't be a city like in late night i suggest changing the title of this thread. I particularly dislike rudeness, there is no need.

If the title or the thread not meant as posing a question, or something like that. Then disregard my comment.

If the thread is meant to ask a question to Brett or Kelly, let me know so they can reply to the best of their ability if they have the time.

Thanks

• Options
    edited December 2013
    AznSensei wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:
    AznSensei wrote:

I did not say you were rude in the CAW forums, please do not misinterpret my post and shove words in my mouth.

I said I have friends in CAW who know about your behavior, and I've butted heads with you enough that I was given advice from said friends.

Now please stop being fake and condescending, especially with your use of smilies. It makes you look more like a joke.

You did say I was rude in the CAW forums ...

I didn't know we've butted heads and you're making something personal now.

I thought I was being funny and cute- not condescending and fake. You took it the way you wanted. :(

I've always used smileys and will always use smileys. I am sorry that annoys you but it's because I WANT to smile here and WANT to help others smile here, too. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    If you want someone from the team to answer as to why there is a horse or why it can't be a city like in late night i suggest changing the title of this thread. I particularly dislike rudeness, there is no need.

If the title or the thread not meant as posing a question, or something like that. Then disregard my comment.

If the thread is meant to ask a question to Brett or Kelly, let me know so they can reply to the best of their ability if they have the time.

Thanks

:thumbup:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    wickichick wrote:
    I consider it somewhat of a disaster...my only solution was to take the EP out. It's sad because I miss pets.

Sadly I have consider removing the Pets EP too :cry: It's not fair. Why won't the silly EA Options work right :evil:

Why couldn't they just put horses in Appaloosa "ONLY" and we could have added them to other towns if we wanted to. :evil:

People always seem to think you are stupid and don't know how to set your options.
    I know how to set my options. Thank you. THEY JUST DON'T WORK! :evil:

Hi RFlong7 :mrgreen: (sorry you are having some sort of misunderstanding with a fellow simmer. I hate misunderstandings) :roll:

• Options
    edited December 2013

Thanks

I know why there is a horse.
    Answer: because the town is not set as a city AND because the option buttons don't work even when you have set the option to NOT have horses.

(I just went to a house that also spawned 4 horses in the front yard for adoption. The lot was so small all the horses were in the bushes) :shock:

No, the question is not "why are there horses", rather the question is "why does't the option to turn off horses work like it should?"

Could that be answered? :roll:

Edit: I doubt I will get a response :?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    AznSensei wrote:
    Weealbet wrote:

On the bright side, it's only 1-2 horses, which isn't TOO bad.

Just hope for a game patch that makes that option make it so you get absolutely no horses.

If you aren't opposed to mods, there are some I think that make it so you absolutely get no horses.

Or use one of Twallan's mods.

Yes, thank you for telling me of mods (and others who are seeing the thread). I have used mods in the past, but I just wish for a day when EA's "options" work.
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited December 2013

Thanks

So true!
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    edited December 2013
    Cyberqueen13: I am not sure why and I have honestly given this some thought. LOL, I know that is funny because it is hardly a life threatening situation...but I love love this game so those little irritants are an issue for me. I just don't know with any certainty except that maybe it has to do with coding. I am not an expert on this by any means so we will have to wait and see if a guru does answer the question. I have yet to add mods to the game and have only considered this to be an option once the store team is no longer creating new content for the series. I am certainly not against mods it is just not something I shall use for the moment. I will say that removing the EP solved the problem I was experiencing.