January 11 - First Friday Highlight of 2019! Click here to check it out!

Game crashing (breakpoint)

Hello. My game is suddenly crashing and the crash log says the reason is because of "breakpoint" whatever that is. When I run the crash analyzer it tells me because of WA. It started doing this before I patched up to the latest version, so I decided to patch up my game. It didn't crash after patch up for a while. But now it has crashed again and it gives the same reason.

Can anyone provide an explanation as to what "breakpoint" is? Thank you very much. :oops: :(

Comments

• LalajadeeyesLalajadeeyes Posts: 344
    edited December 2013
    Okay so I just read some information on crashes and it appears that DEP is a common problem when sims 3 crashes. However my crash was not because of DEP.
    Here is the type and address of the crash from the Exception info on the crash log:

type: BREAKPOINT
    address: 0x0058d546 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x0018c546
  • DecrainDecrain Posts: 893 Member
    edited December 2013
    Do you use custom content?
  • LalajadeeyesLalajadeeyes Posts: 344
    edited December 2013
    Hello Decrain, and thank you for answering my question. Honestly, I didn't think anybody would. So thank you.

I do have custom content, but this crash has nothing to do with custom content. I had not added any NEW custom content to the game before crashing, and my game was playing fine up till this point.

But never mind all these because I found the reason why it was crashing. Apparently "breakpoint" happens when you have a corrupted installation. Or something of the sort. I'm not sure which is the detailed information on it's meaning, but once I created a new game folder the game ran perfect. No more crashes.

Thank you again for answering me. :)