Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I give this custom world a try?

Every once in a while, I look through the Worlds section to see if there are any custom worlds I want to try out.

And recently, I found one I want to try:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5174140

Obviously, it's Paris! :D And I've always wanted to try a French-themed world (I don't count Champs les Sims from WA, since you can't actually live there :lol: )

But I'm really skeptical about downloading it. For one, it's huge, and I don't want to put a lot of strain on my game. I'm also worried that it might be outdated (it was uploaded nearly two years ago).

Basically, I want to know if anyone else has played in this world, and if it's all right to play in.

So, should I stop worrying and see what this world is like firsthand? :?
AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
MQ2gUyY.jpg
Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)

Comments

• Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited December 2013
    I've never played this world, but there's no harm in trying it out.
    Ranked #12 for downloads, with almost 38,000 downloads + high recs.
    Being a base game world, you'll have to add any of the EP lots you can't live without.
    The actual file size isn't that big at 55MB.
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    siminscsiminsc Posts: 854 Member
    edited December 2013
    I downloaded it. I'm playing with Dominique Genois. The family can't get in the front door of the apartment building so I moved them to another.
  • Options
    Verbaltee99Verbaltee99 Posts: 403 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Being a base game world, you'll have to add any of the EP lots you can't live without.

Considering there is the Eiffel Tower; an object from WA and the Metropolitan Building shells; objects from LN and thats just in the picture, I wouldn't call it a base game world. Especially if the OP only has base game installed, who knows what strange and bizarre glitches will occur.

Personally I've seen a much better Paris world by The Sims Key. It does use custom content though which if your not into, I guess that kinda sucks.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited December 2013

How do you find out the Rank on a download world.
  • Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited December 2013
    Evalen,
    The way I figured out this worlds ranking was to set exchange filter for worlds & all time.
    The world turned up as #12 on first page by downloads.
    It's also on first page by recs.

Verbaltee99,
    I made the assumption this world was Base game by its Exchange description :oops:
    Since rednenemon has WA this oversight won't effect being able to try the world out :)
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    AmaterasuChanAmaterasuChan Posts: 310 Member
    edited December 2013
    I tried it and... Not a fan. It doesn't really look like paris other than the Eiffel Tower.